Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Lite Shipping - Taloot, Argao, Cebu To Catagbacan, Loon, Bohol

LRK

Thanks for the info.. I'll try and post the outcome

enoonmai

Here's the latest schedule and prices as of today. They added one trip each way. Walk-on price is p200 and there are senior and student discounts.

post-7882-0-31159000-1423117170_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

carlosaragena
HI, I'm from Manila. I and my wife family would visit Bohol island this coming October 2015 and were are planning to take the route (Argao-Loon). I just want to know if the Loon port are now operational? I was informed that it was badly damage by the recent earthquake there it was under construction and they are unloading the passengers and cargo at Tagbilaran port which is more far from Loon port. Is that correct? 

Thanks,

Carlo Saragena

enoonmai

I just want to know if the Loon port are now operational? I was informed that it was badly damage by the recent earthquake there it was under construction and they are unloading the passengers and cargo at Tagbilaran port which is more far from Loon port. Is that correct?

As of a few months ago they were still going to Tagbilaran although the sign on the highway still says "Ferry to Loon". I don't have my car today but I will stop by in the next few days and check and update.

enoonmai

I stopped by the Taloot pier today and they are still going to and returning from Tagbilaran. The same paper with times and prices on post #32 is still posted but the bottom 2 entries - From Taloot @ 8pm and From Tagbiliran at 12:00 Midnight now have "Optional" next to them - meaning don't count on them runnimg. The other times should be ok.

• Like 2

JSL-USMC

I doubt very much whether the western expression 'timetable' translates effectively into most Filipino languages. Use your own discretion. Turn up the day before on a motorbike at the port to check times. Should you have to do anything important like get on a flight, be a best man at a wedding ceremony, etc, don't necessarily rely on a ferry in between two points in the Philippines to get you somewhere promptly and like it says on the carton.

I asked my wife for a translation of timetable. She asked the Yaya, who had 2 years of college and a fifteen minute discussion ensued. I suggested panahon sa lamesa, that wasn't right. Finally they agreed on list a han.  Go figure.

Headshot

John, my wife says there is no Cebuano word or phrase for timetable or schedule, and to try to create one would be confusing to anybody listening. They would just use the English word and insert it into the sentence. She also said timetable is seldom used, but schedule is common.

On a side note, my nephew (3rd grade), who is Cebuano, got 8 out of 32 on his "mother tongue" critical exam yesterday. He got perfect scores or near-perfect scores on all other subjects. Also, there was no actual review for "mother tongue" like there was for all other subjects because the teachers haven't figured out how to review it. He isn't stupid by any means, but he failed their first exam on Cebuano. It appears that they haven't thought this out very well. With all of the different dialects in the major languages of the Philippines, it appears that the standardized tests are based on a random assortment of words and phrases using all of the dialects, thus almost assuring failure by anybody who doesn't understand all of the dialects.

I can understand your wife's confusion.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1