Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Lite Shipping - Taloot, Argao, Cebu To Catagbacan, Loon, Bohol

enoonmai

Has anyone got any recent updates on this route and the bill of lading requirements? I'm planning to take my Ninja over on this ferry in the next few weeks, so I would appreciate knowing of any changes since the OP

I got conflicting information when I asked a few months ago. If a Ninja is a motorbike I don't think you will have a problem but I would stop by and ask if I were you, if you can't let me know and I will go by and see if I can get the policy du jour.

johnboy999

The Ninja is a motorbike, a 650. I know they often have different rates for big bikes and this will come into that higher rate. I'll take a buzz up the highway to see them in the next few days, it's a good excuse for a ride. I need to know what paperwork, etc to bring so that I can be fully prepared on the day as this will be the first time I've used one of the RORO ferries

johnboy999

Up to date schedule and prices (as of 20th June 2013)

Argao-Loon

Sunday                      7:00am, 11:00am

Monday                     7:00am (optional), 11:00am

Tuesday - Saturday  4:00am, 8:00am, 1:00pm (optional) 

Loon-Argao

Sunday - Monday       9:00am, 1:00pm (optional)

Tuesday - Saturday   6:00am, 10:00am (optional), 4:00pm

Passenger Rate       Php 120/person

Vehicles Rate

Sedan, Multicab                    Php 1260

AUV, SUV                              Php 1650

4W Commercial Van             Php 2200

6 Wheeler                             Php 3410

10 Wheeler                           Php 4640 

20ft Trailer with head            Php 4160

without head       Php 3124

40ft Trailer with head            Php 6360

without head       Php 5200

Heavy Equipments - small     Php 7200

Heavy Equipments - big        Php 8240

Motorcycle - 200cc & below  Php 520

201cc - 399cc   Php 1040

400cc & above  Php 1290

There will be a Php 10.00 additional payment of Documentary Stamp for all types of vehicles. Free fare/passage of the driver for the 4 wheel vehicles but not motorcycles.

shadow

Up to date schedule and prices (as of 20th June 2013)

Argao-Loon

Sunday                      7:00am, 11:00am

Monday                     7:00am (optional), 11:00am

Tuesday - Saturday  4:00am, 8:00am, 1:00pm (optional) 

Loon-Argao

Sunday - Monday       9:00am, 1:00pm (optional)

Tuesday - Saturday   6:00am, 10:00am (optional), 4:00pm

Passenger Rate       Php 120/person

Vehicles Rate

Sedan, Multicab                    Php 1260

AUV, SUV                              Php 1650

4W Commercial Van             Php 2200

6 Wheeler                             Php 3410

10 Wheeler                           Php 4640 

20ft Trailer with head            Php 4160

without head       Php 3124

40ft Trailer with head            Php 6360

without head       Php 5200

Heavy Equipments - small     Php 7200

Heavy Equipments - big        Php 8240

Motorcycle - 200cc & below  Php 520

201cc - 399cc   Php 1040

400cc & above  Php 1290

There will be a Php 10.00 additional payment of Documentary Stamp for all types of vehicles. Free fare/passage of the driver for the 4 wheel vehicles but not motorcycles.

WOW, they really sock it to the bigger bikes, I guess if you have a "luxury bike" you get the privilege of being raped.

johnboy999

Yeah, it's more expensive to take my bike than a sedan or multicab.... go figure lol

JSL-USMC

You have to beat the  San Miguel beer and Coke trucks

Ronin

I had my girlfriends cousin get my ticket when I brougt my Ninja home and I didn't really count the change when she gave it to me as I trust her completley...

But IIRC she told me the price was the same as my 150cc - around 700 pesos.

That was from Cebu to Tubigon.  This site (http://www.lite-shipping.com/rates.html) list the same trip for 450 pesos.

I guess you never know til you pay...

johnboy999

I had my girlfriends cousin get my ticket when I brougt my Ninja home and I didn't really count the change when she gave it to me as I trust her completley...

But IIRC she told me the price was the same as my 150cc - around 700 pesos.

That was from Cebu to Tubigon.  This site (http://www.lite-shipping.com/rates.html) list the same trip for 450 pesos.

I guess you never know til you pay...

I took all that information directly from the posted notice at the Taloot terminal when I dropped by there earlier today.

If you read the rates posted on the website, Argao to Loon should be 350php for my bike, but at the port itself, the notice has different rates and says it will be 1290php.

post-11991-0-16829500-1371734473_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnboy999

enoonmai

I stopped by the pier today, the Argao (Taloot) ferry is sill going to Tagbilaran, not Loon since the earthquake. Attached are the current fees. He said my vehicle was an AUV so it would be 2800 something. The noon departure time is approximate, could be later depending on number of passengers.

post-7882-0-24390600-1393299765_thumb.jpg

shadow

I stopped by the pier today, the Argao (Taloot) ferry is sill going to Tagbilaran, not Loon since the earthquake. Attached are the current fees. He said my vehicle was an AUV so it would be 2800 something. The noon departure time is approximate, could be later depending on number of passengers.

Whoa, price has doubled in last three years or so, at least...

enoonmai

New policy - vehicles only, no passengers allowed. I abandoned my plan to have someone drop me off and paid for the vehicle, went through all the paperwork crap, drove it on, waited over 3 hrs and gave up. Waiting for an oil truck, probably still waiting. The 5 other vehicles gave up when I did. It will be a long time before I do business with these clowns again.

post-7882-0-90110100-1393834791_thumb.jpg

shadow

New policy - vehicles only, no passengers allowed. I abandoned my plan to have someone drop me off and paid for the vehicle, went through all the paperwork crap, drove it on, waited over 3 hrs and gave up. Waiting for an oil truck, probably still waiting. The 5 other vehicles gave up when I did. It will be a long time before I do business with these clowns again.

I don't foresee that policy being very popular. What will happen when the Vessel gets to the other side and there is nobody there to drive the vehicle off of it?

enoonmai

The vehicle charge includes the driver and 1 passenger, there are no walk-ons allowed. There was an Aussie and woman turned away yesterday because they had no vehicle, they asked if they could ride with me and I said yes even though I had no room. They didn't have to be in the vehicle, just listed as passengers and pay the p200 fare each. They gave up after waiting on board a couple hours. Everyone's money was refunded but I missed seeing my best friend from the US and forfeited the one night stay I had booked at Panglao through Agoda. The story I got was they're renting this cargo ship for a month then going back to regular passengers and vehicles next week or next month, don't remember. I wouldn't believe anything they say. 

• Like 1

LRK

Any update so far if business is back to normal?

gotta run to Bohol soon, debating if it's faster going from duma or taloot
Based downsouth in cebu so going up north is my last option if others are available

enoonmai

Any update so far if business is back to normal?

gotta run to Bohol soon, debating if it's faster going from duma or taloot

Based downsouth in cebu so going up north is my last option if others are available

As of the end of last Nov they were back to taking walk-on passengers as well as vehicles. They are still going to Tagbiliran, not Loon, even though the sign on the highway says Loon. I don't know if the Loon pier was ever reopened after the earthquake. Times were basically the same, going over at 4am and 12 noon. The return from Tag to Taloot at 8am and 4pm. Trip takes about 2 and a half hrs. I will try to stop by tomorrow and verify nothing has changed. Used to have a cell phone number there but the employee left and I don't think there is a phone there.