Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Lite Shipping - Taloot, Argao, Cebu To Catagbacan, Loon, Bohol

Paul

Today, while heading south into the province, I took some time to make sure I had the correct schedule for the Lite Shipping barge / Ro-Ro from Taloot, Argao, Cebu, to Catagbacan, Loon, Bohol, daily.

You can find this schedule, as well as many others, on my Cebu Boat Trips website.

Taloot, Argao, Cebu to Catagbacan, Loon, Bohol

Sunday: 7:00am / 11:00am

Monday: 7:00am (optional trip) / 11:00am

Tuesday: 4:00am / 8:00am /12:00pm (optional trip)

Wednesday: 4:00am / 8:00am /12:00pm (optional trip)

Thursday: 4:00am / 8:00am /12:00pm (optional trip)

Friday: 4:00am / 8:00am /12:00pm (optional trip)

Saturday: 4:00am / 8:00am /12:00pm (optional trip)

Catagbacan, Loon, Bohol to Taloot, Argao, Cebu

Sunday: 9:00am / 4:00pm (optional)

Monday: 9:00am (optional trip) / 4:00pm

Tuesday: 6:00am / 10:00am (optional trip) /4:00pm

Wednesday: 6:00am / 10:00am (optional trip) /4:00pm

Thursday: 6:00am / 10:00am (optional trip) /4:00pm

Friday: 6:00am / 10:00am (optional trip) /4:00pm

Saturday: 6:00am / 10:00am (optional trip) /4:00pm

An image of the schedule that I took at the pier:

lite_shipping_schedule.jpg

shadow

Be advised that they don't always run. If they have few or little passengers/vegicles, they just cancel the trip and wait for the next scheduled trip.

Larry in Dumaguete

udonthani

I doubt very much whether the western expression 'timetable' translates effectively into most Filipino languages. Use your own discretion. Turn up the day before on a motorbike at the port to check times. Should you have to do anything important like get on a flight, be a best man at a wedding ceremony, etc, don't necessarily rely on a ferry in between two points in the Philippines to get you somewhere promptly and like it says on the carton.

Jeepney

Be adviced also that CATAGBACAN, LOON is a bit deceptive.

The pier is actually very near CALAPE!

And is about 42 km from TAGBILARAN.

Piet.

DeezNuz

Wow, I didn't know they had a RoRo to Bohol...but I have to drive all the way to Argao to catch it?

Jeepney

No Robert,

Lite Shipping has a roro from Cebu Pier1 to Tubigon!

2 hour and 20 minute trip.

There may be more ferries also.

Piet.

anthony23

I have a few questions sir..do you have any contact number about the trip going to catagbacan,loon,bohol?...

shadow

Be advised that all trips on this route are optional. If they don't have enough customers to pay the fuel, they don't leave the dock! If the Captain got too drunk the night before, they don't leave the dock!

Been there, done that.

Larry in Dumaguete

enoonmai

I went by there today to inquire and I think the days and times posted in #1 are still accurate, although I should have taken a pic of the new handwritten schedule as Paul did. I wanted to send my vehicle over on this ferry, cost is p1650 total but the guy told me I had to go to Cebu City and get a bill of lading from the Lite Shipping office there before they would take it. Since I live in Argao it doesn't make sense to do that. He also said I would need to get this same thing from the office in Tagbilaran to bring the vehicle back. Is this a new procedure and does anyone have any recent experience with this route w/vehicle?

A_Simple_Man

Is this a new procedure and does anyone have any recent experience with this route w/vehicle?

The procedure is common on other ferries if they are full.  In my experience (similar type craft) they will let you on and collect on the boat but only after the ones with confirmed and paid for slots have been loaded.  Was the ferry full?

enoonmai

The procedure is common on other ferries if they are full.  In my experience (similar type craft) they will let you on and collect on the boat but only after the ones with confirmed and paid for slots have been loaded.  Was the ferry full?

The ferry wasn't there. I went to inquire. I need to find out if this Bill of Lading is a requirement or is this guy yanking me. If anyone has 1st hand experience taking a 4 wheel vehicle on this specific route (Taloot-Loon and vice versa) it would be appreciated.

Peter C
bill of lading (B/L)

DefinitionSave to Favorites

document issued by a carrier, or its agent, to the shipperas a contract of carriage of goods. It is also a receipt forcargo accepted for transportation, and must be presented for taking delivery at the destination.

Among other items of information, a bill of lading contains (1) consignor's and consignee's name, (2) names of theports of departure and destination, (3) name of the vessel, (4) dates of departure and arrival, (5) itemized list of goods being transported with number of packages and kind ofpackaging, (6) marks and numbers on the packages, (7)weight and/or volume of the cargo, (8) freight rate andamount. It serves as a proof of ownership (title) of the cargo, and may be issued either in a negotiable or non-negotiable form. In negotiable form, it is commonly used inletter of credit transactions, and may be boughtsold, or traded; or used as security for borrowing money. A bill oflading is required in all claims for compensation for anydamagedelay, or loss; and for the resolution of disputesregarding ownership of the cargo. The rights,responsibilities, and liabilities of the carrier and the shipper under a bill of lading (often printed on its back) are governed generally either by the older Hague rules, or by the more recent Hague-Visby rules. See also lading.

shadow

The ferry wasn't there. I went to inquire. I need to find out if this Bill of Lading is a requirement or is this guy yanking me. If anyone has 1st hand experience taking a 4 wheel vehicle on this specific route (Taloot-Loon and vice versa) it would be appreciated.

We have been back and forth on this ferry numerous times without needing this, although the last time was about a year ago.

Your mileage may vary.

johnboy999

Has anyone got any recent updates on this route and the bill of lading requirements? I'm planning to take my Ninja over on this ferry in the next few weeks, so I would appreciate knowing of any changes since the OP