Sign in to follow this  
wildman01

Cheap Hotels To Stay In Manila..

wildman01

We will be staying 3 days in manila,does anyone know some cheap and descent hotels close to the airport and mall of Asia?

Tony B

How much is "cheap"?

I usually stay at the Executive Plaza hotel in Malate. It costs P2500 for a double room. The hotel is ok, could do with some modernization but it's clean, safe and air conditioned.

It's close to Mall of Asia (15 min by taxi), airport is about 20 mins away (traffic notwithstanding) and US Embassy is also about 10 mins away. Good restaurants, bars etc within walking distance.

Tony.

udonthani

cheap is under 1000.

Features (inside every room/unit)

- air-conditioner

- 21" cable TV

- refrigerator

- double bed with pillows and linens (1 bed good for 2 persons, 48"x 75")

- living and dining room sets

- private bath with hot and cold shower/mirror

- electric fans

- electric kettle

- kitchen utensils and chinaware

- wardrobe cabinet

- intercom/telephone (PABX, free for calls within Metro Manila)

- electronic security vault/safe

that's Makati Apartelle, in the first link. Makati is supposed to be this mega-expensive district of Metro Manila. Of course it isn't if you know where to go. Idiot foreigners that haven't got a clue pay more.

Tony B

that's Makati Apartelle, in the first link. Makati is supposed to be this mega-expensive district of Metro Manila. Of course it isn't if you know where to go. Idiot foreigners that haven't got a clue pay more.

So you're saying I'm an idiot for not choosing to stay at the hotel you recommend????

wildman01

cheap is under 1000.

Features (inside every room/unit)

- air-conditioner

- 21" cable TV

- refrigerator

- double bed with pillows and linens (1 bed good for 2 persons, 48"x 75")

- living and dining room sets

- private bath with hot and cold shower/mirror

- electric fans

- electric kettle

- kitchen utensils and chinaware

- wardrobe cabinet

- intercom/telephone (PABX, free for calls within Metro Manila)

- electronic security vault/safe

thanx for the link...we will try the Makati Apartelle...

mahogany

Another good one: robelle house

Edited by Admin
removed url

Balay

I never stayed, but read the reviews to see if it is something you may be looking for:

Manila Townhouse Hotel

The owner is a member here so maybe you can ask for a discount. :(

goggleye

I never stayed, but read the reviews to see if it is something you may be looking for:

Manila Townhouse Hotel

The owner is a member here so maybe you can ask for a discount. scratch_head.gif

I stayed there the first night i ever spent in the phils. the reviews are pretty dead on huh.gif

udonthani

Makati Apartelle : you'll find the phone numbers on the site don't work, and somebody I know who stayed there more recently than I have said they'd upped the price to over 1000 now.

it's a bit frayed at the edges, not exactly spruce, as you'd expect for that kind of money, but really is a good deal nontheless. Should you be unable to make a reservation with them, and if you turn up and find they're full, there's another cheapie place I've not stayed in a couple of doors down, but I forget the name. Another cheapie option in Makati is Durban Street Inn, in the shadow of the upscale City Garden Hotel, but that's nearly always full.

bikerdave

I stayed in ermita last month at the black stump hotel formerly the Iseya hotel standard room 1195 on promo normally 1250 clean enough and everything was working not bad for the are and walking distance to the U.S. embassy

Balay

I stayed there the first night i ever spent in the phils. the reviews are pretty dead on huh.gif

The owner posted on another thread on LinC that if people posted positive comments he would have to charge more...

I have known very few who say positive compliments to us directly because of their hidden distrust and fear the such comments could lead to their rent going UP.

I am not to proud to say I was also a victim of one of his other scams.

wildman01

well just as i thought, the taxi driver said he don't know how to find Makati Apartelle, after he said

he knew where it was. so after driving around for a while, we said f--- it we will stay at the townhouse hotel.

it is very old, but it will work, and it's close to the mall of asia. there are alot of foriegners staying

there too, i guess it's because it only cost 950 a night. hehe

well thanks everyone for the info ;)

Lee From Cebu

hey wildman can you give us a review of the townhouse hotel because reading the reviews on the net it sounds horrible ? whats your take maybe post a few pictures for us forum members...I would like to hear it from your point of view thx