Low Priced Rentals - Volume 2

poby

We looking for a place. What is needed is:

1. Quiet.

2. Clean

3. New or newish.

4. Small. I much prefer a 30 sqm studio to a 80sqm 2 bedroom place for the same price. Ideal would be a single big room with CR and kitchen. If a place is much bigger than that then the extra space should be able to be closed up and ignored.

5. Unfurnished.

Locationwise, downtown would be great, or not far from Jones, but really anywhere up to capitol would be ok. Prefer not to go further east than mabolo or west of v.rama. But for the right place, mactan, pardo etc are possibilities. Depends on price and how close they match my expectations.

Must have access to internet (telephone line) and cable tv access is preferred. Rental price range: up to 12K, prefer to pay less but for the perfect place, would pay a little more.

Had a look at a house for sale in Toledo the other day. 150 sqm titled lot, fenced with unfinished 2 storey house in good area. 350k pesos! At that price, it was worth a look. House was bare shell, no doors or windows, ocean view from the upper floor (maybe 100 metres from the water). What killed it was total impossibility of getting a car down there. Surrounded by big houses owned by foreigners, huge mansion between the lot and the road with the only access a foot path not wide enough for a car. Damn cheap though!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeezNuz

• longshot2

• DaFamilyGuy

• benjun

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beautiful 2 STOREY HOUSE IN BANGKAL LAPU-LAPU CITY FOR RENT !!!!   2 storey house 2 BR Tiled Comfort Room Very near in the wet market Near in the mactan international airport Fantastic Neighbo

Apartment for Rent in Mandaue City, Cebu Location : G. Ouano Street, Umapad, Mandaue City, Cebu 8 minutes drive to Cebu Doctors University, Park Mall 10 minutes drive to SM, Ayala and Airport  

Nice House 4 Rent! (All-complete) A family size apartment in a strategic place. Located in Mactan, near to Bigfoot Studios & 5 minutes drive to Shangrila Hotel, & other best resorts in Mac

Posted Images

Forefall

I need something like what poby needs... within very short taxi distance or walking distance to Ayala area for work. 10k and under preferrably. Pets would be nice so I can keep my cats... Doesn't need to be huge. Can just be a studio.

JohnBonham

I'm just going to add to this thread since as a new member I cannot start one of my own... apologies if this is incorrect protocol!

Me and my gf are looking for a place in cebu for 3 months, starting july 15 or so, for us and our 2 small children (one newborn! woo hoo!)

2 br or one large bedroom would be great.

budget: 15,000 pesos furnished, up to 10,000 unfurnished, but of course the lower the better~

location: near ayala, it park, or Banilad... or possibly Basak Lapu Lapu as my GF has a good friend there.

type of neighborhood or house: I am an artist and a musician... I like places with character, but i'm also american and used to a shower that works (i'm not a fan of the bucket and dipper method haha), hot water NOT a necessity. We do not need a new or fancy place, or a very big place, but we like a small ornamental garden, terrace, or a view or at least something that makes the house interesting. As far as neighborhood, I do not want to live among white people so much (no disrespect, I'm a cracker myself) because I want to learn visayan quicker and also get a feel for the culture.

I DO want to live within walking distance to taxis and a market or restaurant or supermarket.

Question: what is the best method to search for a place? I'll be returning once a year for 3 months at a time, and I'd like to find the best method for securing a place via the internet. I also have a realtor cousin of my gf who is helping us, but I thought I'd try the old expat network as well.

I'm just going to take a chance and throw my number up here too, if you have a good lead please text me. we are in no hurry at the moment, we still have until july 15 here in Argao. 09273389533

ps. In october, I return to usa to work and earn money for the baby and family.

thanks!!!

cebubird

Not sure if this is right place for this question either, but it does concern housing.

On our way back and forth between argao and the city, I keep seeing a large sign just south of Cebu-maybe in Naga area saying

OCEANSIDE VILLAGE--OCEAN VILLAGE=---something like that. Maybe after our 6 month lease is up here and the baby is here, we might consider moving closer to the city, and wondered if anyone knew about this community.

I actually like it better down here even tho it is a hassle to go to the city, but my wife's family is already driving us crazy about buying land

loaning money on land-selling motorcycles-just giving money, etc so will probably look elsewhere in Nov.

thanks

Bill

arentol

Hi Poby,

If you're looking around Toledo, there are a couple of housing developments on the highway towards Naga: one on the left and the other on the right a little further on. They are both before Lutopan.

These are new developments and seem to satisfy your other requirements. As with most housing developments, not much construction is done until they have money-in-hand.

Other than that, there's not much of a re-sale market here - people mostly build their own homes. I did see an ad posted 2 weeks ago for a home... if you're in Toledo, it was posted on the wooden electric post right next to AHL Bakery on the highway.

Lastly, if you're looking for a quiet spot, a lot of foreigners build homes in the smaller barangays between Toledo and Pinamungajan. Check out Ibo, Cabitoonan, and Bato... just head south on the highway, pick a road, and go inland for a bit. These are quiet areas, not as chaotic as the Toledo-Balamban corridor, and it's not uncommon to see a foreigner (typically Norwegian) living in a nice home amidst these quiet enclaves.

Good luck,

Brian in Toledo

..one of the few Americans living here. As mentioned in other threads, Toledo is Little Norway.

---

1. Quiet.

2. Clean

3. New or newish.

4. Small. I much prefer a 30 sqm studio to a 80sqm 2 bedroom place for the same price. Ideal would be a single big room with CR and kitchen. If a place is much bigger than that then the extra space should be able to be closed up and ignored.

5. Unfurnished.

Locationwise, downtown would be great, or not far from Jones, but really anywhere up to capitol would be ok. Prefer not to go further east than mabolo or west of v.rama. But for the right place, mactan, pardo etc are possibilities. Depends on price and how close they match my expectations.

Must have access to internet (telephone line) and cable tv access is preferred. Rental price range: up to 12K, prefer to pay less but for the perfect place, would pay a little more.

Had a look at a house for sale in Toledo the other day. 150 sqm titled lot, fenced with unfinished 2 storey house in good area. 350k pesos! At that price, it was worth a look. House was bare shell, no doors or windows, ocean view from the upper floor (maybe 100 metres from the water). What killed it was total impossibility of getting a car down there. Surrounded by big houses owned by foreigners, huge mansion between the lot and the road with the only access a foot path not wide enough for a car. Damn cheap though!

DeezNuz

Well you got two methods of tried and true searching for a new home guys...

1. Go arm chair warrior style from the convenience of your PC by viewing sites such as...Cebu Classifieds, Sulit, and Ayod Dito...the most up to date places. This will just get you started.

2. Find an area you want to live and drive around searching for the signs for rentals posted on the walls/gates/houses and what not.

Other options I don't recommend unless you are buying...is visiting a realtor (many will waster your time)...Asking around (only you will know what you want, most people, espcially locals, will NOT be able to perceive your requirements in the same sense). You can even look at the realtor related social pages & websites, but they're not updated that often.

Edited by BigRob
USMC-Retired

Hi Poby,

If you're looking around Toledo, there are a couple of housing developments on the highway towards Naga: one on the left and the other on the right a little further on. They are both before Lutopan.

These are new developments and seem to satisfy your other requirements. As with most housing developments, not much construction is done until they have money-in-hand.

Other than that, there's not much of a re-sale market here - people mostly build their own homes. I did see an ad posted 2 weeks ago for a home... if you're in Toledo, it was posted on the wooden electric post right next to AHL Bakery on the highway.

Lastly, if you're looking for a quiet spot, a lot of foreigners build homes in the smaller barangays between Toledo and Pinamungajan. Check out Ibo, Cabitoonan, and Bato... just head south on the highway, pick a road, and go inland for a bit. These are quiet areas, not as chaotic as the Toledo-Balamban corridor, and it's not uncommon to see a foreigner (typically Norwegian) living in a nice home amidst these quiet enclaves.

Good luck,

Brian in Toledo

..one of the few Americans living here. As mentioned in other threads, Toledo is Little Norway.

---

1. Quiet.

2. Clean

3. New or newish.

5. Unfurnished.

I know what you mean being an American amongst all the Norwegians. I live in Balamban. However land over here is cheap.

fanboat

I just rented a smmall house for gigi in talisay(2000)new unit,but you have to pummp water from a hand pumper well.

this 2 story 2cr and 3 bedroom(small bedrooms)is ok to rent on 3rd of july(6000)Mingalnilla

DeezNuz

10K APARTMENT FOR RENT IN NIVEL HILLS- OVERLOOKING

2 BEDROOMS

1 TOILET AND BATH

WITH PARKING SPACE

2 MONTHS DEPOSIT 1 MONTH ADVANCE

PLEASE CONTACT CORA NOS. 2670589 / 09273188342 / 09324778904

18K APARTMENT

2 STOREY

3 BEDROOMS

1 MAIDS QUARTER

3 TOILET AND BATH

1 CAR GARAGE

2 MONTHS DEPOSIT

1 MONTH ADVANCE

PLEASE CONTACT CORA nos. 2670589 / 09273188342 / 09324778904

25K BRAND NEW APARTMENT

FULLY-FURNISHED

2 BEDROOMS

1 TOILET AND BATH

WITH GARAGE

WITH 24 HR SECURITY GUARD

JoeNavyRet

Just an observation... people here need to stop with the ugly paint. Seriously.

really, some of the colrs make me dizzy! lol

Joe

DeezNuz

2 STOREY TOWNHOUE

Location : Corinthians Subdivision, Suba MAsulog LApu lapu City

Lot Area : 54 sqm

Floor Area : 72 sqm

Description :

- 2 bedrooms

- 1 toilet and bath

- with carport

- unfurnished house townhouse with partition

- 24/7 security

- tiled, smooth finished walls, painted, steel casement windows, concrete stairs with tiles

- Accessible to Gaisano Grand Mall, MActan Doctors Hospital and Marigondon Beaches

Mode of Payment :

Rental Fee : Php 8,000

1 Month Advance and 2 month security deposit

For Inquiries :

TITA DICO / BIBOY

032.4950104 / 032.4965683

[email protected]

[email protected]

DeezNuz

This is for those of you looking for a condo (uptown)

2 bedrooms, 2 toilet and bath, furnished at windland tower, city view, 22nd flr and 11th flr.

php25,000./month.

1 yr contract

for viewing sched pls call bebie @ 4134413 or 09287000074

DeezNuz

Condo near Ayala....not low priced..

1 BEDROOM FULLY FURNISHED FOR RENT. NICE VIEW. VERY WELL KEPT UNIT,WITH NICE FURNISHINGS. VERY SECURED. WALKING DISTANCE TO AYALA CENTER

AVAILABLE ON AUG.1,2010.

PHP35,000./MONTH. 1 YR CONTRACT

FOR VIEWING SCHED PLS CALL BEBIE @ 4134413 OR 09287000074

DeezNuz

16K HOUSE FOR RENT IN ESCARIO

VERY ACCESSIBLE TO JEEPNEY

NEAR HOSPITALS, CHURCH AND MALLS

SEMI-FURNISHED

2 BEDROOMS

1 TOILET AND BATH

1 MONTH DEPOSIT

1 MONTH ADVANCE

1 YEAR CONTRACT

• 2 weeks later...
jackdoor

Anyone got a condo or know someone who wants to rent out one in Cebu city for 3-weeks

Or anyone know a condotel type place.

In July august for around 15-20 thousand. needs to have furniture, and small kitchen.

Internet access. I bedroom, not a studio not to far away from some night life..

First time in Cebu and dont want a hotel room.

Thanks.