Low Priced Rentals - Volume 2

DeezNuz

BigRob,

If you get some time I would like to bend your ear a bit about my upcoming transfer to Cebu.

Sure, I'd be happy to help, you an just PM me or e-mail me.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DeezNuz

• longshot2

• DaFamilyGuy

• benjun

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beautiful 2 STOREY HOUSE IN BANGKAL LAPU-LAPU CITY FOR RENT !!!!   2 storey house 2 BR Tiled Comfort Room Very near in the wet market Near in the mactan international airport Fantastic Neighbo

Apartment for Rent in Mandaue City, Cebu Location : G. Ouano Street, Umapad, Mandaue City, Cebu 8 minutes drive to Cebu Doctors University, Park Mall 10 minutes drive to SM, Ayala and Airport  

Nice House 4 Rent! (All-complete) A family size apartment in a strategic place. Located in Mactan, near to Bigfoot Studios & 5 minutes drive to Shangrila Hotel, & other best resorts in Mac

Posted Images

DaFamilyGuy

BigRob,

If you get some time I would like to bend your ear a bit about my upcoming transfer to Cebu.

I guess I'm not a full fledge member quite yet so I can't send you a PM. stooges.gif Anyway, so far what I've got figured out is that we are going to be sending the kids to Sacred Heart. Now, I am just trying to sort out the housing situation in that area. Best I can figure, I need to find a place in Mabolo, Capitol, or Camputhaw. Really trying to find a 45-50 Sqm place for around 10k, preferably with a safe outdoor area where the kids can play (but not an absolute necessity). Got any ideas?

easy44

BigRob,

I guess I'm not a full fledge member quite yet so I can't send you a PM. stooges.gif Anyway, so far what I've got figured out is that we are going to be sending the kids to Sacred Heart. Now, I am just trying to sort out the housing situation in that area. Best I can figure, I need to find a place in Mabolo, Capitol, or Camputhaw. Really trying to find a 45-50 Sqm place for around 10k, preferably with a safe outdoor area where the kids can play (but not an absolute necessity). Got any ideas?

I thought Sacred Heart was in Talambam?

DaFamilyGuy

I thought Sacred Heart was in Talambam?

From what I'm seeing its in Camputhaw, but then again I'm relying on Google Maps which aren't also perfectly accurate.

Here

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=map+of+cebu&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Cebu+City&gl=ph&ei=8uDQS_upJdKHkAWC94GoDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAsQ8gEwAA

Just type Sacred Heart in the search bar.

easy44

Sacred Heart moved to Talamban about 2 years ago.

DaFamilyGuy

Sacred Heart moved to Talamban about 2 years ago.

Yeah I just called the school and apparently they are located in Canduman, Mandaue. Totally throws a wrench in the whole planning thing because now I have to shift my search to a different area. Any idea how long the commute is from Canduman down to the Lorego, San Migel area?

I am looking for a 3-bedroom house or apartment that is not very far from Cebu Doctors University in Mandaue City (15 ~ 20 minutes taxi ride). I have three children, so security of the neighborhood is prime consideration. My budget is 8K ~ 15K, the upper end for furnished accommodation. Any idea where I should look?

DeezNuz

I'll be on the lookout for them guys

Thanks in advance, BigRob. This thread is indeed a great help. Before I came here by chance, I've checked out other sites thru random search and now realize that most were priced for the moneyed expat. I'm surprised there's an entirely different world for the locals or foreigners who live off fixed retirement income.

I need to move in before June, when I start a new job in Cebu. I hope to check other options in the Mandaue (near my workplace) or Lahug (near the children's schools) neighborhood before then.

I'll be on the lookout for them guys

DeezNuz

benjun, here is one I ran across...

MONTHLY RENTAL: PHp 21,000.00

3BEDROOMS, 2TOILET/BATH

2MONTHS DEPOSIT, 1MONTHS ADVANCE

1YEAR CONTRACT

CALL/TEXT: 09064753779 / 09224417886

...The listing says its an apartment. Seems a little big for an apartment to me. So I'm thinking more along the lines of a town home type.

For 12-month or longer rentals you can usually secure a fairly reasonable discount off the monthly rates. HINT: Find a way to secure more levarage during your negotiations.

This is a house in Mandaue...

LOT AREA: 500sq.m.

3bedrooms, 2cr

2months deposit, 1 month advance

1year contract

MONTHLY RENTAL: PHp 18,000.00

CALL/TEXT: 09064753779 / 09224417886

Hi BigRob,

That's really quick! Thanks! I've already checked three apartments in Lahug that are cheaper than the one you've posted. So I'll go check this house in Mandaue.

• 1 month later...

fascinating...so much to look at, so few to consider...

we're looking for min. 50sqmtr, 2bdrm condo, house or apt (unfurnished) in Talisay, Basak, Tabunok, that general area; P4 - 8K; secure; minimal rooster crowing and dog barking/fighting; retirement community would be cool, as in kidless or am I delusional? rent, lease or buy if price is right

DeezNuz

Places in that location won't really be found online.

There is one main street that leads from SRP all the way down towards the market area in Tabunok. Every now and then I see a few signs posted for house rentals. You may want to check that out.

robert51, do you know the name of tha street? I'm thinking its F. Jaca.