Cockfighting In Cebu And Roosters For Sale

Paul
although i love the atmosphere the fact that they have posioned blades to hurry up the event is depressing. :thumbs_down:

The blades attached to the leg of the fighting cock are poisoned? :paul:

I'm not calling you a liar, by any means. But, I find that difficult to believe. What sort of poison do they supposedly use on these blades?

I mean, the blade is quite sharp and can open up any skin it hits quite easily. I can't see where it needs any assistance from poison.

Not to mention, I have been to a number of cock fights and have never seen anything poured on the blade of a fighting cock. However, I have seen extreme care taken to wrap the blade onto the leg of the bird. Being able to perform this ritual is an art, one that, apparently, not just anyone can do properly.

Bet_Busta

although i love the atmosphere the fact that they have posioned blades to hurry up the event is depressing. :thumbs_down:

Blades are not poisoned. That's illegal. One can have the lossing bird for meal.

You'll notice the ref wiping the blade before the fight to remove poison if there is any.

One form of cheating is to make a small canal on the blade so poison residue will remain there. When it was discovered (long time ago), ref use magnifying lens when examining the blade.

Jim Sibbick

If you are saying that you will have cock fights just for tourists, I think that would be a waste of time as the tourist will miss the atmosphere of the real thing.

If your tour includes a real cockfight stadium with hundreds of Filipinos, then yes, good idea.

Regards; Jim

If you are saying that you will have cock fights just for tourists, I think that would be a waste of time as the tourist will miss the atmosphere of the real thing.

If your tour includes a real cockfight stadium with hundreds of Filipinos, then yes, good idea.

Regards; Jim

I totaly agree wtih that statement Jim.....With so many pits and arenas around, some holding weekly derbys even, I would offer taking the curious tourist or firstimer to that type of venue first.....Thats where I got hooked, with my Papa Alfon and friends, at Toledo City Cockers Club.... :thumbs_down:

Well, prior to advertising on the forum, it would have been nice to ask me if you could.

Forum Rules

03. Posting Ads, Politics & Religion

• Posting Ads - No ads are to be placed anywhere on these forums without prior approval. Never, ever, ever, post links to meet-a-Filipina or other introductory type sites. I do not promote these sites in any fashion and you will be banned immediately for doing this. If you wish to meet a Filipina, come here and do so.

----------------------

Oh, if you were to scroll to the top of the page here, you would have read this:

Business Forum, Specific Rules

1. If you post an ad in this forum without expressed consent from the administrators, you will be banned. This is a Zero Tolerance Rule.

Ooops. Very sorry about that! I didn

Paul

Ooops. Very sorry about that! I didn´t read that part. :P

Strict rules but i am sure you have your reasons. Can we continue this post anyway?

And you still apparently haven't read the :hug::

Posting Business Links - Do not post links promoting your business or even items you wish to sell. This is not a classified ads site put here for your benefit as a New Member. This is a "give-and-take" forum. You join, post and ask questions or offer advice first, and then you will have the privilege to post an ad in the Classified Ads Forum. The Classified Ads Forum is for active members who post here first. On occasion, I have been known to make exceptions. But, you must contact me to discuss this first. If you are not sure if it is acceptable to post on the forums, ask a Moderator or Administrator first.

With that said, I'm locking this thread.

Edited by Admin