Sign in to follow this  
Paul

How Long After Intercourse Can A Woman Take A Pregnancy Test?

Paul

A friend of mine is concerned that she may be pregnant.

Can anyone tell me how many days after sex a woman can take a test to see if she is pregnant?

Thanks,

Mailman

Urine: about 2 weeks after ovulation

Blood: 6-8 days after ovulation

Taste: anytime! :back_stab:

broden

mailman's right as far as i know

there are some new ones on the market that claim they can be used pretty much right away ... but i don't know how real their claims are

but i wanna know who is this man and is he going to marry you

Paul

Wait. 2 weeks (and I'm sorry to sound ignorant here, but it's been a LOOOOONNNG time since I had to worry about a girl needing to take a pregnancy test) after ovulation?

She doesn't know the last time she had her period. She does know, though, that she had sex on the 27th, unprotected. She had sex again with him, maybe 2 days later.

Paul

mailman's right as far as i know

there are some new ones on the market that claim they can be used pretty much right away ... but i don't know how real their claims are

but i wanna know who is this man and is he going to marry you

Okay, so if she had sex (unprotected) on say the 29th or so, that would have been long enough for her to check with a test, now?

Jess Bartone

From my limited knowledge, it is the conception which causes the hormones to change, and this is what the test is reading, so I would say a day or two later (?).

Okay, so if she had sex (unprotected) on say the 29th or so, that would have been long enough for her to check with a test, now?

I would say yes.

Edited by JesseB

Mailman

That's just the soonest for an accurate reading. It's okay to perform the test much later.

Paul

By the way, Broden... it ain't yours, and that's all you have to worry about. :oldtimer: :back_stab:

Bob Ward

She can take the test as soon as the guy pulls out! LOLOL But accuracy is a different story!

Paul

That's why I am trying to help her here. I am trying to decide if I can go buy her a couple of tests right now to ease her mind... or to confirm her concerns.

Paul

I tell ya, this is EXACTLY why I set up this ( Birth Control / Contraceptives) forum. So many Filipinas don't realize, unfortunately, that they CAN become pregnant if a guy doesn't use a condom.

Geeez man, feck. The Catholic Church doesn't give a flying feck about these girls. Education is the ONLY thing that is going to help them!!

Edited by Admin

Mailman

Time after intercourse is pretty much irrelevant. Sperm can 'hangout' for up to 5 days in the tubes waiting for ovulation to occur. Then, it could take as much as another 12 days for implantation. Taking a test too soon can and will give false results.

Paul

Okay. So, no need to buy one tonight, I suppose. The first sex, she says, was on the 27th, then the 29th. So, about middle way through next week would be the safest day to test, I guess.

Mailman

Wow, she doesn't know her cycle? :back_stab: