As I Am In Manila Right Now This Does Not Make Me Feel Warm And Cuddly

smokey

RP carriers banned from flying to EU member countries

GMANews.TV - Wednesday, March 31SendIM StoryPrint.Citing failure to comply with international safety standards, the European Union has blocked Philippine and Sudanese airliners from flying to its 27 member countries. "The European Commission has adopted today the 13th update of the Community

Cairnsman
PAL . . . . . . acquired Boing-777 jumbo jets.

So-called because of the noise that can be heard as parts break off; boing! boing! boing!

liquido

Who do you believe??

31 March 2010

PAL statement on European Union (EU) issue

Philippine Airlines is gravely concerned over the recent decision of the European Commission (EC) banning all Philippine carriers from operating in member-states of the European Union (EU).

Despite the unfortunate inclusion of PAL and all other local carriers in the EC blacklist

loosehead

Hey Robert at least you know the ferrys are safe

• Admin (Retired)
broden

man it's a long walk to Cebu

loosehead

man it's a long walk to Cebu

you could bus it to western Leyte and ferry to Bogo

A_Simple_Man

Hmmmm . . . so . . "PAL, the country

JohnFromTexas

From my experience, PAL compares favorably to carriers in the US. Planes and crew appear to be top notch... never experienced any problems with them. Then again I have no idea how their maintenance program compares to a US carrier. It sounds like PAL is being penalized because the philippine government's version of the FAA blows :P seems like a non-issue tho since they don't go to europe anyway

Alan S

When they flew to the UK, I would use PAL whenever possible.

All the time things are going well, you cant tell how good an airline is, it is only when there are problems that you can see how they handle them.

Well, on one occasion there WAS a problem and PAL handled it superbly. Everyone who was there agreed they couldnt have done more.

OK, so this ban wont affect them, but it is a sign that the general level of maintainance and servicing in the Philippines is way below what it should be, and pals in the airline industry have confrimed that.

Hopefully this ban might make them sit up and take notice, and improve things.

If they dont, I can foresee other countries also banning them, which would be a disaster.

LastManStanding

This is a country where if you car doesn't pass the inspection, you give 100 pesos and it becomes safe.

You think that doesn't happen with planes....

A_Simple_Man

:welcome2: Well Robert, you can see who does not read your postings by looking at the thread Cary started and all the replies. Same content as you started . . replied to by people who don't appear to have read this thread.

Link to Cary's Thread