This is happening this weekend...

gallery_5388_210_23892.jpg

GOOGLE map to Porters Marina in Lilo-An

You going Rob?

I be there if you are going

DeezNuz

Yup...I'll be there

Lee From Cebu

Hey rob have you ever dug for gooeyducks I went out once with some friends :unsure: talk about work

shadow

God, I would LOVE to have some flounder. I haven't had an opportunity to eat broiled flounder in a decade!

Paul,

My guess is that your not missing much at all, there in Cebu, when it comes to flounder. Here in the States, I live very close to the cold waters of the Atlantic, our Flounder/Fluke/Halibut, are tough to beat when it comes to flavor. But just go south some, to like North Carolina, where the waters aren't as cold, and the Flounder taste like crap. The meat is mushy and taste like hell......Nothing tops the fish from the Cold Altantic waters, Cod and Fluke being my top two favorites. Stuffed with blue crab meat and there tough to beat.

I'de suspect the same,warm waters of the Philippines and surrounding seas, probably not the best of flounder meat........JMHO.

I was raised on the shores of cold pacific waters, and also did a fair amount of fishing in the higher elevation lakes of Wyoming and Montana. I know what you mean. I have been sorely disappointed in the lack of flavor of most fish here. Give me halibut, sturgeon, paddlefish, northern pike, and walleye anyday!

Oh, and how about some dungeness crab and gooeyducks?

Cold water fish rules!

Larry in Dumaguete

Oh Yeah Larry,Halibut is great,one day I would like to fly to Alaska and catch some them big ones.

Dungeness crabs are the best food ever...netted a bunch back in 72',Oregon coast.

I was born and raised in the Newport area.

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry, you must know one of my favorite squid fishing hangouts then.... " GOAT ISLAND " area, RI/USA :P

Nope. I was referring to the opposite coast, Newport OREGON!

:unsure:

Larry in Dumaguete

shadow

God, I would LOVE to have some flounder. I haven't had an opportunity to eat broiled flounder in a decade!

Paul,

My guess is that your not missing much at all, there in Cebu, when it comes to flounder. Here in the States, I live very close to the cold waters of the Atlantic, our Flounder/Fluke/Halibut, are tough to beat when it comes to flavor. But just go south some, to like North Carolina, where the waters aren't as cold, and the Flounder taste like crap. The meat is mushy and taste like hell......Nothing tops the fish from the Cold Altantic waters, Cod and Fluke being my top two favorites. Stuffed with blue crab meat and there tough to beat.

I'de suspect the same,warm waters of the Philippines and surrounding seas, probably not the best of flounder meat........JMHO.

I was raised on the shores of cold pacific waters, and also did a fair amount of fishing in the higher elevation lakes of Wyoming and Montana. I know what you mean. I have been sorely disappointed in the lack of flavor of most fish here. Give me halibut, sturgeon, paddlefish, northern pike, and walleye anyday!

Cold water fish rules!

Larry in Dumaguete

Oh Yeah Larry,Halibut is great,one day I would like to fly to Alaska and catch some them big ones.

Dungeness crabs are the best food ever...netted a bunch back in 72',Oregon coast.

Larry in Dumaguete

Small world after all...it was Newport I netted them Crabs.

ps...RBM said you and I should have a beer together.

Sounds like a plan.

Larry in Dumaguete

shadow

Hey rob have you ever dug for gooeyducks I went out once with some friends :unsure: talk about work

When I was young the whole family would pile in and go clam digging. While the younger one's went on a quest for the variety of smaller clams, the elder would all go on a quest for gooeyducks. Retrieval was down to an art, working in a team of 4. When one would squirt, all 4 would attack with a vigor. Sometimes there was a reward, sometimes not. Them buggers are fast!

By the mid 70's they were getting so scarce it was no longer worth while, and everyone concentrated on regular clam varieties. Really not much can top a fresh pot of clam chowder and clam patties after a day rolling in the mud. Often we would use a boat to get to more isolated spots, and would drop the crab nets in along the way. So add Dungeness to the menu for that day!

The wife and I make chowder once a month or so, but the crabs here are a disappointment. Sad, the best fish I have eaten in the Philippines came from Vietnam!

Larry in Dumaguete

MrSuave

Paul,

Cold water fish rules!

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry, you must know one of my favorite squid fishing hangouts then.... " GOAT ISLAND " area, RI/USA :unsure:

Ned,

I was in Newport RI a couple weeks ago. Didn't see Goat Island, but it was still awesome! We spent the night in Old Newport, then toured the Houses the next day. Great trip! We also passed by Hartford when we drove from Boston to Stamford. I was going to give you a shout out but it was 2am and didn't want to wake anybody so I just waved. I can see why you love Connecticut!

Cebuned

How did I ever miss this post? Roger, thanks a million, very nice to have and very helpfull, for this fisherman anyways...

Thanks,

ned

Cebuned

Paul,

Cold water fish rules!

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry, you must know one of my favorite squid fishing hangouts then.... " GOAT ISLAND " area, RI/USA :bs_sign:

Ned,

I was in Newport RI a couple weeks ago. Didn't see Goat Island, but it was still awesome! We spent the night in Old Newport, then toured the Houses the next day. Great trip! We also passed by Hartford when we drove from Boston to Stamford. I was going to give you a shout out but it was 2am and didn't want to wake anybody so I just waved. I can see why you love Connecticut!

Mr.S,

You should have tried to contact me, your welcomed to stop in any time here, at my home in CT. But time is running out quickly, next spring 2011, Margie..David and I, make the big move and Cebu it is, till the day I die.....

Ned

Cebuned

Hey rob have you ever dug for gooeyducks I went out once with some friends :bs_sign: talk about work

When I was young the whole family would pile in and go clam digging. While the younger one's went on a quest for the variety of smaller clams, the elder would all go on a quest for gooeyducks. Retrieval was down to an art, working in a team of 4. When one would squirt, all 4 would attack with a vigor. Sometimes there was a reward, sometimes not. Them buggers are fast!

By the mid 70's they were getting so scarce it was no longer worth while, and everyone concentrated on regular clam varieties. Really not much can top a fresh pot of clam chowder and clam patties after a day rolling in the mud. Often we would use a boat to get to more isolated spots, and would drop the crab nets in along the way. So add Dungeness to the menu for that day!

The wife and I make chowder once a month or so, but the crabs here are a disappointment. Sad, the best fish I have eaten in the Philippines came from Vietnam!

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry, this is for you. PM won't send again....Maybe someone can copy and paste and send for me...thanks, Ned

To Shadow,

Hi Larry,

Only 11 more days till I'm in Cebu. Hi til,

Can you tell me more about fishing tatctics used. What you did and didn't learn.

I'll be in Cebu in about 11 days, and I'm coming loaded with reels/poles/tackle....All sorts of tackle. Fishing is and has been, a huge part of my life, both recreational and commercial. I live in the Toledo City area of Cebu, when I'm there, so I figure the ferry to San Carlos, then head south to you, would be a decent way to get to you in Dumget.

Anyways, with all this gear, enough for two fisherman easily, maybe we can hook up? I really want to try fishing the ^%#$*&&$^ (secret idea),Negros area. I beleive there is some great fishing areas to be found around there. Are you up for a new adventure with me? Maybe we can take off for a few days. I also have my own van, maybe I'll bring it on the ferry and drive down myself...Any thoughts and info is always welcome.

Sincerely, Ned

broden

Hey rob have you ever dug for gooeyducks I went out once with some friends :scratch_head: talk about work

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry, this is for you. PM won't send again....Maybe someone can copy and paste and send for me...thanks, Ned

To Shadow,

Hi Larry,

Only 11 more days till I'm in Cebu. Hi til,

Can you tell me more about fishing tatctics used. What you did and didn't learn.

I'll be in Cebu in about 11 days, and I'm coming loaded with reels/poles/tackle....All sorts of tackle. Fishing is and has been, a huge part of my life, both recreational and commercial. I live in the Toledo City area of Cebu, when I'm there, so I figure the ferry to San Carlos, then head south to you, would be a decent way to get to you in Dumget.

Anyways, with all this gear, enough for two fisherman easily, maybe we can hook up? I really want to try fishing the ^%#$*&&$^ (secret idea),Negros area. I beleive there is some great fishing areas to be found around there. Are you up for a new adventure with me? Maybe we can take off for a few days. I also have my own van, maybe I'll bring it on the ferry and drive down myself...Any thoughts and info is always welcome.

Sincerely, Ned

i'm sure he'll see that here but for what it's worth i pm'ed it or you too