Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Take a trip through Mindanao, north to south

Paul
Reading this makes me really excited for my trip! Especially through Mindanao, I've never been to Mindanao before. How does the XR200 feel? I'm a big guy, 6'3" and about 210 lbs.

I would strongly suggest, if traveling long distances on a motorcycle, that you choose a motorcycle that has a comfortable seat, like a touring bike. While a dirt bike is excellent for "go most anywhere" terrain, the seat will leave your ass not wanting to leave your destination for some time.

I made frequent stops during this particular trip, which was about 330 kilometers, one way. One reason was to take photos, while the other reason was because I needed a break from the hard seat.

Edited by Admin

SkyMan

hey paul get onna these electric bikes for your next trip .. you can carry it in a backpack

Yeah, an electric bike would be a great idea for an island riddled with brownouts.

elBradford
Reading this makes me really excited for my trip! Especially through Mindanao, I've never been to Mindanao before. How does the XR200 feel? I'm a big guy, 6'3" and about 210 lbs.

I would strongly suggest, if traveling long distances on a motorcycle, that you choose a motorcycle that has a comfortable seat, like a touring bike. While a dirt bike is excellent for "go most anywhere" terrain, the seat will leave your ass not wanting to leave your destination for some time.

I made frequent stops during this particular trip, which was about 330 kilometers, one way. One reason was to take photos, while the other reason was because I needed a break from the hard seat.

You're right about that seat. I still haven't gotten used to it. When you went home did you take the same route or did you go back via Cagayan? That's what I did, staying a night in Malaybalay. The road between Davao and Malaybalay was the best I've seen so far on my trip. I'm in Dipolog right now, crossing over to Dumaguette tomorrow I think.

booger10

Maybe next trip you might go through Iligan City. It is the city of waterfalls.. When I was there I went to Timoga Falls and when I go again, definitely will go to Maria Christina Falls. Beautiful areas and people were so very friendly.

Found this about the springs too

http://discoveringpinas.com/?tag=timoga-cold-springs

booger10

Paul,

I wish you would have PM me, I would have loved to have had met you when you came to Surigao City. Remember me next time.:P

James.. when I move there and get settled, I would like to meet up with you too. I will be living around Iligan City.