The more I read about the 13a, I wonder if it isnt just as cheap and much less of a hassle to stay on a balikbayan and make 1 day trip out of country each year.

Bill I believe that after your 13a is made permanent you only have a yearly reporting fee. Paul can let us know for sure.

You're right, p310 a year now, and you also have to get a new ACRI ($50) every 5 years I think.

CORRECT

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SAM_NY

• SkyMan

• Mailman

• UZI

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mason

The more I read about the 13a, I wonder if it isnt just as cheap and much less of a hassle to stay on a balikbayan and make 1 day trip out of country each year.

Once you have the 13a permanent status, its virtually free. It costs 310 pesos for your annual report and there are additional fees each time you leave the country, roughly 2500 p, but I forget the exact amount.

The key difference between the 13(a) and BB stamp is that the 13(a) permits you to work but the BB stamp does not.

cebubird

Bill I believe that after your 13a is made permanent you only have a yearly reporting fee. Paul can let us know for sure.

You're right, p310 a year now, and you also have to get a new ACRI ($50) every 5 years I think.

CORRECT

I have read many comments in the past year concerning fees/hassles, etc for foreigners living there, and as poor as the RP is, one would logically think the government would want want to make it VERY easy to live there due to the increase brought to the economy.

I suppose tho-that like the poor planning concerning everything(ie brownouts)the culture is just shortsighted and always will be.

(Clark Air Force Base and Subic Naval Base of course being prime examples)

I have chosen to live there and will just have to accept it.

CHANGE THE THINGS YOU CAN

ACCEPT THE THINGS YOU CANT CHANGE

WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

• 1 month later...

Does anyone knows for sure about what kinds of fees and taxes an immigrant visa holder (13a) would pay each time while departing from the PH?

lazydays

Does anyone knows for sure about what kinds of fees and taxes an immigrant visa holder (13a) would pay each time while departing from the PH?

The Mason stated earlier approx P2500,if you check thro the archives here you will probably find the exact ammount.

Edited by lazydays

Also, how much exit clearnace fees a tourist visa holder (9a) would pay at the time of departing from the PH after staying less than 6 months in the PH? Can anyone tell anything about all this?

Thanking you in advance.

Mailman

Also, how much exit clearnace fees a tourist visa holder (9a) would pay at the time of departing from the PH after staying less than 6 months in the PH? Can anyone tell anything about all this?

Thanking you in advance.

A 13(a) permanent resident would be subject to Travel Tax, Exit Clearance Certificate Fee, and the Departure Fee.

A tourist under 6 months is only required to pay the airport's Departure Fee. Over 6 months, and you would also need to secure an Exit Clearance Certificate from BoI.

David Spicer

Thanking you in advance.

13(a) - in the neighborhood of P5,000 for everything

P2,880 - Re-entry Permit

P1,620 - Travel Tax

P550 - P750 - Terminal Fee

9(a) - under 6 months

Terminal Fee: P750 Manila, P550 Cebu

Turbota

P2,880 - Re-entry Permit

P1,620 - Travel Tax

P550 - P750 - Terminal Fee (depending on which airport - Manila or Cebu)

Yup ... that 2,880 fee is actually both an Emigration Clearance Cert. (ECC) and a Re-Entry Permit (RP)

smokey

P2,880 - Re-entry Permit

P1,620 - Travel Tax

Yup ... that 2,880 fee is actually both an Emigration Clearance Cert. (ECC) and a Re-Entry Permit (RP)

this is a tax to make mountains of money off the very people who support the country... OFW

P2,880 - Re-entry Permit

P1,620 - Travel Tax

this is a tax to make mountains of money off the very people who support the country... OFW

OFW are exempt

A 13(a) permanent resident would be subject to Travel Tax, Exit Clearance Certificate Fee, and the Departure Fee.

A tourist under 6 months is only required to pay the airport's Departure Fee. Over 6 months, and you would also need to secure an Exit Clearance Certificate from BoI.

Does it mean a permanent resident (13a) is subjected to pay all these taxes and fees each and everytime time s/he would depart from the PH regardless of the length of stay in the PH? Is this Exit Clearance Certificate fee including the re-entry fee for the immigrant visa holders?

13(a) - in the neighborhood of P5,000 for everything

P2,880 - Re-entry Permit

P1,620 - Travel Tax

P550 - P750 - Terminal Fee

9(a) - under 6 months

Terminal Fee: P750 Manila, P550 Cebu

Thanks David. Good job.

P2,880 - Re-entry Permit

P1,620 - Travel Tax

Thanks Turbota for the confirmation. Appreciate that.

I wonder why do they charge to immigrant visa holders a re-entry permit fees when an immigrant visa stamp on the passport and an ACR card in itself an entry permit to enter into the PH.....I guess I kinda have an idea on it...lols