SkyMan

I applied for 13A on the 8th of August and it wsa approved (Probationary) the 9th of October. I got my ACR card about a month later. When should I apply for the Permanent 13A?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SAM_NY

• SkyMan

• Mailman

• The Mason

Mailman

2-3 months prior to your approval date's anniversary.

2-3 months prior to your approval date's anniversary.

Correct. 3 months is best, to be sure.

UZI

D. Ricky Carlson

Same here. Accord to Attorney Abellon of BI Cebu, he advised 3 months prior applying for permanent 13A visa along with ACR-I. So, as I guess it also apply to any upgrade (or downgrade) that require 3 BI Commissioners' signature (rule change in 2006 per President GMA's mandate from usually 5 commissioners).

Hence, lengthy or not, 3 months is normal approval processing for all upgrade and downgrade in paperwork. Lot of xeroxing I ever seen in my life. About 4 each. My theory goes like this: less corruption when one department has copy. No more "By golly, this Bureau lost your papers. Please re-submit your petition, again. Sorry" excuses.

mattwilkie

Text your attorney 3 months early and just get them to tell you what you need for getting it done..

You should have a small piece of paper attached by Immigration in the documents that you have in your pocession stating that you come back 3 months prior.

Of course they don't tell you that they've put that information in there for you...

• 4 weeks later...
The Mason

How much does it cost to renew/reapply? Is it still more than P12,000?

I just switched from probationary to permanent 2 months ago and it cost me about 10k in fees. Here's the breakdown of how the process went for me.

Jan 4

File application in Manila and pay fees of 2580 p. Our interview date was issued on the official receipt. It was scheduled for Jan 7, only 3 days later!! Total time at BI was about 15 minutes.

Jan 7

Go to Manila for the interview. No fees to pay. The interview was mainly focused on whether my wife and I were still together and our financial status. People should be prepared to explain how they will support themselves. Bank statements etc, were not requested but they might have helped. We were told we would get a letter in the mail telling us if I was approved or not. Total time at BI about 3 hours.

Feb 5

Surprise! We never got a letter from BI. My 13a expires on Feb 6 so we went down to immigration to check status. I was approved on Jan 28. I got my visa implemented and all the stuff done for my ACR card. I can pick it up on Monday morning Feb 8. One full day spent at BI. It was an ordeal.....

Visa Implementation fees- 3690php

ACR Renewal fee- $50 (this fee is in USD and converted at the prevailing exchange rate)

Change of Address Fee- 500p

Total cost from application to implementation is 10,578 php.

We received official receipts for all expenses. At the interview there were hints for a payoff, but I just ignored them.

Edited by The Mason
ancienrocka

I just switched from probationary to permanent 2 months ago and it cost me about 10k in fees. Here's the breakdown of how the process went for me.

Jan 4

File application in Manila and pay fees of 2580 p. Our interview date was issued on the official receipt. It was scheduled for Jan 7, only 3 days later!! Total time at BI was about 15 minutes.

Jan 7

Go to Manila for the interview. No fees to pay. The interview was mainly focused on whether my wife and I were still together and our financial status. People should be prepared to explain how they will support themselves. Bank statements etc, were not requested but they might have helped. We were told we would get a letter in the mail telling us if I was approved or not. Total time at BI about 3 hours.

Feb 5

Surprise! We never got a letter from BI. My 13a expires on Feb 6 so we went down to immigration to check status. I was approved on Jan 28. I got my visa implemented and all the stuff done for my ACR card. I can pick it up on Monday morning Feb 8. One full day spent at BI. It was an ordeal.....

ACR Renewal fee- $50 (this fee is in USD and converted at the prevailing exchange rate)

We received official receipts for all expenses. At the interview there were hints for a payoff, but I just ignored them.

Thanks for such detailed information Mason - we have to go through our process in a couple of months.

David Spicer

Jan 4

Jan 7

Feb 5

I did all of mine here on Cebu (amend to permanent) a little over a year ago. It was approved, imlemented, and ACR-I Card applied for in May.

Application - P2,000

Impementation - P3,690

ACR-I Card - P2,880

cebubird

Jan 4

Jan 7

Feb 5

I did all of mine here on Cebu (amend to permanent) a little over a year ago. It was approved, imlemented, and ACR-I Card applied for in May.

Application - P2,000

Impementation - P3,690

ACR-I Card - P2,880

The more I read about the 13a, I wonder if it isnt just as cheap and much less of a hassle to stay on a balikbayan and make 1 day trip out of country each year.

RogerDuMond

The more I read about the 13a, I wonder if it isnt just as cheap and much less of a hassle to stay on a balikbayan and make 1 day trip out of country each year.

Bill I believe that after your 13a is made permanent you only have a yearly reporting fee. Paul can let us know for sure.

SkyMan

Bill I believe that after your 13a is made permanent you only have a yearly reporting fee. Paul can let us know for sure.

You're right, p310 a year now, and you also have to get a new ACRI ($50) every 5 years I think.

Edited by SkyMan
SkyMan

Jan 4

Jan 7

Feb 5

Application - P2,000

Impementation - P3,690

ACR-I Card - P2,880

Well, that would be a trip out of country for two and also includes a lot of exit fees etc. And if your wife doesn't have a passport you have all that hassle too.