Sign in to follow this  
atomic

shipping container to cebu from usa

atomic

Ok here is my question hope i find an answer. Im moving to cebu and need to ship a 20' container tax free. Im not yet married but will be soon after I arive. Is there a way i can ship it tax - duty free?

DeezNuz

no legal way that I know of...I did it two years ago.

RogerDuMond

no legal way that I know of...I did it two years ago.

I believe the only way to bring a container of household items in duty free is with a 13a visa or possibly a retirement visa.

atomic

Any idea what the duty might be on a container? Just be house hold stuff in side.

smokey

Any idea what the duty might be on a container? Just be house hold stuff in side.

from 85,000peso to 235,000 peso depending on if you use a broker or you know someone at customs... the 85.000 is knowing some one... everyone pays... even USED household its not called tax but a FEE

Edited by Admin
Fixed quotes - Paul

Balintawak

Hi Atomic,

We offer that kind of service and have a licensed customs broker which deals with it. You have to pay but in the lower class. Send me a pm and we can talk about it over messenger or mail. Either way, its VITAL that you dont send the container before its arranged here in Cebu.

We also offer storage, unloading and delivery. reasonable prices

• Like 1

tom_shor

Where are you shipping from? I know someone who ships from LA.

Rocketman

Hi Atomic,

We offer that kind of service and have a licensed customs broker which deals with it. You have to pay but in the lower class. Send me a pm and we can talk about it over messenger or mail. Either way, its VITAL that you dont send the container before its arranged here in Cebu.

I would like to talk with you when I come to Cebu in May. I will be moving a 20' container from the U.S. next year and will be needing storage for a year or more.

Scott

Balintawak

Hi Scott,

Ye I appriciate it bro. Just pm when times comes.

Rocketman

Where are you shipping from? I know someone who ships from LA.

I'll be shipping from Houston. Thanks!

Rich58701

Hi Atomic,

Hi Balintawak,

I will need your services in the future. I'm new on this site,how do I get a hold of you?

Thanks,,,Richard

TheMatrix

Contact Atlas Shippers. They have shipped lots of odds and ends for me including balikbayan boxes. They typically ship 6-7 containers to the Philippines each week and their prices are quite reasonable too! Not the cheapest, but the most reliable. I have shipped dozens of boxes including furniture and nothing has ever been damaged. They also have online tracking and here is their website: http://atlasshippers.com/

I have never had to pay any taxes (or fees) on anything they have brought over for me besides the standard shipping charge.

I believe you said you are in Houston. They have an agent in Houston at: (713) 229-8583, but contact their California main office instead at: 800 285-2797 or (626) 858-9662 to discuss the container. The Houston office only deals with boxes probably.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Edited by SteveMatrix

smokey

when you ship USED household goods they say its tax free but its not FEE FREE that is where they get you if your in the groove a 40 footer can get as low as 85,0000p if not it will cost you 235,000p and up NO body rides for free

Balintawak

Hi Atomic,

I would like to talk with you when I come to Cebu in May. I will be moving a 20' container from the U.S. next year and will be needing storage for a year or more.

Scott

Hi Atomic,

Hi Balintawak,

I will need your services in the future. I'm new on this site,how do I get a hold of you?

Thanks,,,Richard

just hook me up on 09204142413 or email [email protected], im always available to meet :cheers:

smokey

After you pay to ship the cargo and it lands in cebu if its used household stuff and your married to a local and you already applied and received clearance before hand there is NO TAX to ship household goods another thing on the tax or fee as some call it ... the Port of cebu will charge you a fee to take the container off of the boat and move it to the bonded warehouse.. this fee is or was in 2005//// 1000p a FOOT and then there is a Landing fee of some sort you will pay unless you found a way to steal your container out of the yard.. for a 40 footer there were 85.000p in fees only 10.000 was lunch money the rest are standard fees.. I will say the 85,000 included being delivered to our place in talisay but that could of been a favor from a family member.