2001 jeep cheroke

smokey

if its over a 3.0L that is the first road block second is you better love it more then your wife because it will cost you more then a wife. better to get a connection here and let them handle it to include the paperwork... you can find many interesting cars and trucks to include BMW , mustang 5.0 and the like at Hilton motors here in cebu by the old bridge..

Edited by robert51

You're better off selling it and buying another vehicle when you get here.

Balintawak

Like rob said, connections is everything...

If you wish to spend the money from import to registered, you can send me a pm and we will see how much it would cost in customs and taxes. I need the cartype, cc, weight, lenght etc etc.

You live here in cebu?

Andy

It would just be a hassle having a vehicle nobody else is driving, can you do repairs, maintenance? Better off getting a Mitsubishi Adevnture or the like.

I sent you a pm regarding 2 possible legal options.

I'd be interested possibly in the future. Could you please PM me some options/ideas?

Thanks,

booger10

Hey, I am in 'Spring Hill, not far from you. I have been checking how much it will cost to send my truck there, 99 ford ranger, excellent condition and plan to drop a new engine into it before doing so.. But, import duties... whew Look into how much it costs to import a vehicle. I found out that the import price of my truck really will keep me from taking it with me. I will still drop a new engine into it, it has 278,00 miles on it now, but will still be cheaper to put a new engine into it than buying another truck. I plan to sell it when I am ready to leave... what I found out.. being a 99, the import duties are 50% or the new selling price of my truck.. that means if the new selling price of my truck is $20,000 then I will pay $10,000 for import duties.. you have a nice vehicle. Cost about $25,000 new? You will pay like me, $12,500 to import it.. think about it. I bought mine used in 2001 for $12,000, $10,000 to import it.. whew buy it again it seems... do look at the import duties, I think it will surprise you..post-6383-126910729286_thumb.jpg

Uncle Rusty

Thanks will sell and buy there unclerustystick_poke.gif

smokey

Hey, I am in 'Spring Hill, not far from you. I have been checking how much it will cost to send my truck there, 99 ford ranger, excellent condition and plan to drop a new engine into it before doing so.. But, import duties... whew Look into how much it costs to import a vehicle. I found out that the import price of my truck really will keep me from taking it with me. I will still drop a new engine into it, it has 278,00 miles on it now, but will still be cheaper to put a new engine into it than buying another truck. I plan to sell it when I am ready to leave... what I found out.. being a 99, the import duties are 50% or the new selling price of my truck.. that means if the new selling price of my truck is $20,000 then I will pay $10,000 for import duties.. you have a nice vehicle. Cost about $25,000 new? You will pay like me, $12,500 to import it.. think about it. I bought mine used in 2001 for $12,000, $10,000 to import it.. whew buy it again it seems... do look at the import duties, I think it will surprise you..post-6383-126910729286_thumb.jpg

unless its something really nice like one of our neighbors has a 928 Porsche Mazda RX-7 a Chevy Van and a mitsubishi 3000 GT turbo now that guy must have some connections he is a fil am /// want a sample of prices of whats here go to Autolink ph

Edited by robert51
  • 2 weeks later...
booger10

unless its something really nice like one of our neighbors has a 928 Porsche Mazda RX-7 a Chevy Van and a mitsubishi 3000 GT turbo now that guy must have some connections he is a fil am /// want a sample of prices of whats here go to Autolink ph

U

It is a solid truck, I do cable for the cable company here, actually a trainer, but it is really good other than I know the engine will eventually go down..over 279,000 now.. (smile) unless I can find a cheaper way to get it there, I will just have to look for something there. I will look at the link.. I have a lot of time to see what is available.. With all that is here, I hope I still have retirement.. haha, government is really getting crazy here.

KennyF

I have a friend here on Camiguin island who has one.

He loves it BUT parts are next to non existant.

Even a simple hose, belt or filter might need ordering from USA.

And of course local mechanics don't have a clue about them.

Kenny on Camiguin

DeezNuz

Forget the Jeep.

Just come buy an all original Philippine Jeepster!

Toyota Corolla or similar undercarriage with a sheet metal body formed in Jeep style and flare!

19483784_1.jpg

Only P110,000-P150,000

And you got access to all the parts you need.

smokey

I have a friend here on Camiguin island who has one.

He loves it BUT parts are next to non existant.

Even a simple hose, belt or filter might need ordering from USA.

And of course local mechanics don't have a clue about them.

Kenny on Camiguin

there are places of course in manila where you can get hard to find parts... i had to get some for a older ford explorer this guy specialized in ford and chevy parts...