a new type of visa info..... wife is leaving this heaven on earth

smokey

Robert....got a question for you.

I am planning to go to california soon....My divorce will be final sometime in july....I want to bring Gigi to ca on a finance visa.

we are living together and have pics together,so that takes care of meeting in person....she has never been married.

we are 37 years age difference(first red flag)usa standards.

I can prove income levels from my tax return.

I have a residence address in ca.

So if all the paper work is done right the first round...how long to get her to the USA?

look up a web site the visa journey lots of info... watch the tax returne thing they check

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• GanjaBoy

• SkyMan

• The Mason

booger10

Congrats Roberts.

Has your wife ever been in the US before ? If she spends anytime over here (in the USA) I am willing to bet that all of those preconcived ideas of life here will change very quick. My wife(living here over 6 years ) now understands that $ does not grow on trees. That it is not always cold here - if U are living in the south. Not all women in the USA are beautiful. There are no maids waiting on her hand and foot. There is such a thing as a time clock and being late is not acceptable. She now knows that living day to day is not as easy as she once belived.

I hope your wife enjoys herself on her visit. If ya'll get down south near Memphis PM me.

HaHa... yess, things are different here than I think most pinay's think.. regular people and regular living mostly.. and you are right.. I do live in the south. haha

booger10

Congrats Robert.. My gf and I are starting the K-1. We have another friend that brought his wife here, had to wait for almost a year for the visa to be approved.. I can't give you all the particulars, but I thought it was such a long time.. they were married there in phils too. I hope yours goes smooth and quickly.

smokey

well we are in manila right now and my wife has a scar on her x ray and has to wait two months for a re do of her medical seems they are not allowing anything to pass including asthma . she has to give a sample three days in a row and then wait two months for the lab to be done if she is negtive she goes to the interview if not she has to get the treatment up to 8 months.. what can you say but stuff happens i told her dont worry the us will still be there next year,

Edited by robert51
booger10

Robert....got a question for you.

I am planning to go to california soon....My divorce will be final sometime in july....I want to bring Gigi to ca on a finance visa.

we are living together and have pics together,so that takes care of meeting in person....she has never been married.

we are 37 years age difference(first red flag)usa standards.

I can prove income levels from my tax return.

I have a residence address in ca.

So if all the paper work is done right the first round...how long to get her to the USA?

Fanboat... I am ready to send my K-1 information out probably this next week or next. Great website with lots of answers and forms I have here for you. I got my editible forms here and the US Imigration department.. link is to the step by step instructions... and yes it will take about 5-6 months.. The US Imigration site says 5-9 months.

http://www.visajourn...content/k1guide

good site. (edit) also, you will have to have certified copies of your divorce, so you won't be able to file until it is completed.

Edited by booger10
The Mason

well we are in manila right now and my wife has a scar on her x ray and has to wait two months for a re do of her medical seems they are not allowing anything to pass including asthma . she has to give a sample three days in a row and then wait two months for the lab to be done if she is negtive she goes to the interview if not she has to get the treatment up to 8 months.. what can you say but stuff happens i told her dont worry the us will still be there next year,

I'm sorry to hear that Robert. My wife and I live about 40 yards from St. Luke's clinic. If you or your wife wants to talk to someone that's been through the whole process and can explain it from the patient's side, PM me and we can get together.

Also, if her sputum test does come back positive and she needs to get treatment in Manila, definitely PM me and I'll put you in touch with our landlord. He has reasonable rents and has several condo units very lose to the clinic.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

almost everyone over there is probably a TB carrier at least.. my Wife is/was .. she just finished a many months long treatment regimen that she only had to take because of her working in the medical industry

my Dad was a carrier .. never had a bother with it .. for all i know i am too maybe my entire family is

so long as it's not active TB .. it's a hassle but not that big a deal

if she has to take the pills as the main part of her treatment let me know what kind .. just curious if they are the same exact stuff my wife had to take .. apparently it's strong stuff

smokey

I'm sorry to hear that Robert. My wife and I live about 40 yards from St. Luke's clinic. If you or your wife wants to talk to someone that's been through the whole process and can explain it from the patient's side, PM me and we can get together.

Also, if her sputum test does come back positive and she needs to get treatment in Manila, definitely PM me and I'll put you in touch with our landlord. He has reasonable rents and has several condo units very lose to the clinic.

if the wife has to stay here for treatment we started looking at a place like a condo they have a studio unit furnished including electric for 24,000p a month close to st lukes.. of course its only about 12 sq meters but its close..

The Mason

almost everyone over there is probably a TB carrier at least.. my Wife is/was .. she just finished a many months long treatment regimen that she only had to take because of her working in the medical industry

my Dad was a carrier .. never had a bother with it .. for all i know i am too maybe my entire family is

if she has to take the pills as the main part of her treatment let me know what kind .. just curious if they are the same exact stuff my wife had to take .. apparently it's strong stuff

Yes, many people are carriers, but being a carrier is enough to get your medical clearance denied. They take your chest x-ray and if there are ANY spots, blemishes, or abnormalities they send you for more rigorous testing. Most of the people that have 'suspicious' chest x-rays end up getting held up because they are TB carriers. The part that kills me is, if you're going for a tourist visa, no TB screening is done.

The worst part though is that they give you no real options to getting your treatment in Manila. You cannot return to your hometown and take the meds there. Actually, you can do that, but if you do, the embassy makes you wait an additional year to ensure you are TB free. So, with a 6-7 month treatment regimen your visa is delayed 6-7 months if you go to St. Luke's and 18-19 months if you go to a different clinic.

The treatment consists of a 4-in-1 pill containing isoniazid,pyrazinamide, rifampicin, and streptomycin. Initial dose is four 900 mg pills per day. I think the amount of drugs is equal for each kind. After 30-60 days, the dosage is dropped to 4 pills of 300 mg each. Major side effects are fatigue, rash, itching, increased appetite, and numbness in hands and feet. If you are over 35, there is an increased chance of liver damage so they do regular blood tests to monitor liver chemistry.

If you have a non-drug resistant strain of TB, cure rates are nearly 100%. If you have a drug resistant strain you'll usually be given more/different drugs and may need a course of meds longer than the usual 6 months. If you have a drug resistant strain the med course is longer than the normal 6 months and the cure rate drops down to about 80%.

Edited by The Mason
smokey

so far my wife has spit a negtive ... now wait two months and see....

• Admin (Retired)
broden

best wishes on her health all the tests and what not aside of course

AngelofBroden

Yes, many people are carriers, but being a carrier is enough to get your medical clearance denied. They take your chest x-ray and if there are ANY spots, blemishes, or abnormalities they send you for more rigorous testing. Most of the people that have 'suspicious' chest x-rays end up getting held up because they are TB carriers. The part that kills me is, if you're going for a tourist visa, no TB screening is done.

The worst part though is that they give you no real options to getting your treatment in Manila. You cannot return to your hometown and take the meds there. Actually, you can do that, but if you do, the embassy makes you wait an additional year to ensure you are TB free. So, with a 6-7 month treatment regimen your visa is delayed 6-7 months if you go to St. Luke's and 18-19 months if you go to a different clinic.

The treatment consists of a 4-in-1 pill containing isoniazid,pyrazinamide, rifampicin, and streptomycin. Initial dose is four 900 mg pills per day. I think the amount of drugs is equal for each kind. After 30-60 days, the dosage is dropped to 4 pills of 300 mg each. Major side effects are fatigue, rash, itching, increased appetite, and numbness in hands and feet. If you are over 35, there is an increased chance of liver damage so they do regular blood tests to monitor liver chemistry.

If you have a non-drug resistant strain of TB, cure rates are nearly 100%. If you have a drug resistant strain you'll usually be given more/different drugs and may need a course of meds longer than the usual 6 months. If you have a drug resistant strain the med course is longer than the normal 6 months and the cure rate drops down to about 80%.

They still do just x-rays at St. Lukes's nowadays, no skin test? I was good and passed the medical (they did x-ray). The first year I worked in a medical facility in the U.S. my skin test was negative.. The following year I tested positive, but my x-ray was clear. I still had to take an 8-month long (once daily) medication to get rid of the infection. And yes, the drug I was on has similar side effects as you mentioned, except for the rash and itching. I gained a lot of weight during the 8 months I was on it (yeah, yeah, blame it on the medicine, hehehe)!