a new type of visa info..... wife is leaving this heaven on earth

Tex, you would not qualify for the IR-1 because you just got married and you need to be married for at least 2 years to qualify. You could go for the CR-1.

To respond to SkyMan....

Then they would marry and for 5 years they might not see each other except to produce the required number of children. He would get her to the US and once she had citizenship he'd divorce her and move back to get another customer.

As soon as the guy was on his 2nd or 3rd wife who was coming in on this route, they could escalate the processing and do a more manual process. This is the age of computers, cameras on every street corner, hover drones, and body scans, so there is no reason that such blunt and obvious "scams" should be used as the reason to bust everyones balls.

If a US citizen has never brought a wife in from another country before, and they have been married for a significant time (like 5+ years), and they have children, there really is no need to bend them over for almost $1000 and make them wait 8 months - ESPECIALLY if the wife has already been under the microscope for a b1/b2 visa AND has been to the USA on that visa AND went back home without any issues. She really should be able to file a form at the consulate, let the husband wave his hand, and $150~ later she has her citizenship.

Lets keep this in perspective - the USA seems to WANT immigrants. They dont stop the Mexicans, they cant stop drugs, and they are providing amnesty for the Mexicans that managed to continuously break immigration laws for many, many years. Over the years, I've hired dozens of illegals standing on the street corners waiting for day labor. Give me a break.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• GanjaBoy

• SkyMan

• The Mason

shadow

So Robert, How is this visa different from the K-1 or K2? Whichever is the regular spousal visa. Besides being married for 2 years first?

from what i see the visa numbers are automatic and she gets a 10 visa day one and a SS card when she gets there.... K1 is more paperwork and more hoops to jump thru

Some great info in this thread. I was going to go for the K3 visa but now am going to go for the other one.... i hope it takes 8 months or less as I'd really like to take my wife home to the family for christmas as they've never met and i'd love to be back home even though i get along fine here in the philippines. i'll be staying with my parents for a few weeks to a few months when i get back so i can use their address as my permanent residence there :) the lil woman will be very happy to hear about this as she really wants to go back with me in december. i have a registered lease here til the end of the year so i can prove permanent residence, although the lease is in my spouses name. i do have receipts that show i pay the rent... :)

in order for the husband and the wife to do this FROM the philippines we were told i had to have an acr and if not i would have to do the petition from the US

Although the ACR requirement is sometimes overlooked, it will take a little more to prove residence than a lease on an apartment. If someone can prove they have been in the Philippines for 3-5 years, and have a home here, etc., then sometimes they will allow the DCF filing without the ACR.

Otherwise, one must file the I-130 and K3 if desired from stateside. Quite frankly, these days the K3 does little, and adds a lot of extra paperwork.

Larry in Dumaguete

wingandprayer

Am I the only one getting a headache following this? haha

I agree, very useful info, but it just reminds me of the last year or so of what I've gone through trying to find out with confidence what I need to do to take my wife with me back to the States. I've heard about 100 different opinions from 50 different people (no, not a typo..hehe). My wife and I visited the consulate for a recommendation....instructions. Domingo (is that his name? I think I'm the only guy from the States who doesn't have a close personal relationship with him) made everything sound pretty simple. A few weeks later, the Embassy sent a few folks here for Q & A sessions. We were then given a slightly different recommendation as we gotten from Domingo, but still, it sounded pretty simple. My buddy and his wife (who have been through this much longer than us....2 rejections already) followed us for their Q & A session and were given paperwork that we hadn't been. Haven't we all been told multiple ways of achieving something that should be relatively simple? The dealings with the US government are just the most "stunning"examples. The 100 different answers to 50 questions was referring to friends and fellow expats that I've had brief conversations with. And yes, it's only a joke. I mean no offense to anyone.

Governments are bad enough, but since 911....Geez.

Again, I love the information and wish I had been checking this site much more often than I have in the year or so since I've been a member. I've been trying to keep up with all the acronyms, thus the headache....haha. Thanks everybody. I've learned a lot today. At the very least, I have better questions to ask when the wife and I really get rolling on this.

My Father died a little over a year ago and that is the only reason I think it would be a good thing for me to be back in the States. Not a permanent move, but just so Mom has some family living near her. I also want my wife to meet my Mother.

I don't look forward to dealing with the bureaucracy back there.

fanboat

Super Robert...Its time for some great steak,fresh milk,just plain good eating,and the 4 seasons...even some since of control...Lake Tahoe,just the best...pine trees...oh yes...fresh air...cafes!!!!....great coffee.have a hell of a good time...back in the USAerik

loosehead

Robert from how you have described your wife as a partner and mother, the USA should be rolling out the red carpet for her. Good luck with the move.

By the way you are my role model as far as working hard and saving for retirement but my funds to buy your house are still a bit short. I will keep working and saving.

JohnFromTexas

Does the ACRi card they're making us all get count? Can I just get the full ACR even tho I'm on a visitors visa?

The Mason
well we applied for a IR-1 visa((( wife to the US ))) officially nov 23,2009 that is when they finally received all the papers from the ever slow as mud post office... we heard back Jan 17 and this time brought the papers required and handed them in person in manila Feb 23, 2010 well today she received her medical appointment for march 29 and her interview April 5,, guess if your married over two years it is as easy as I was told... much quicker then a K1... but the trick is to be married 2 years or more. needless to say she is excited.

Good luck with the medical and the interview. Hope everything goes smoothly for both of you. I'm a bit jealous, my wife and I were supposed to be moving to the US about this time, but instead we're stuck twiddling our thumbs in Manila waiting for her medical clearance.

Markham

Does the ACRi card they're making us all get count? Can I just get the full ACR even tho I'm on a visitors visa?

No. That's a Temporary ACR, confers no rights whatsoever and has to be surrendered upon departure from the country.

Mark

smokey

So Robert, How is this visa different from the K-1 or K2? Whichever is the regular spousal visa. Besides being married for 2 years first?

well instead of a two year temp visa she gets a 10 multi entry green card right aways... and can come back to the PI a few months a year for the first 3years

well we applied for a IR-1 visa((( wife to the US ))) officially nov 23,2009 that is when they finally received all the papers from the ever slow as mud post office... we heard back Jan 17 and this time brought the papers required and handed them in person in manila Feb 23, 2010 well today she received her medical appointment for march 29 and her interview April 5,, guess if your married over two years it is as easy as I was told... much quicker then a K1... but the trick is to be married 2 years or more. needless to say she is excited.

Good luck with the medical and the interview. Hope everything goes smoothly for both of you. I'm a bit jealous, my wife and I were supposed to be moving to the US about this time, but instead we're stuck twiddling our thumbs in Manila waiting for her medical clearance.

did she get stuck with the old excuse TB ... ?? our daughter went thru that and what was funny is cebu doc cleared her choa cleared her but ST Lukes did not guess who won

RogerDuMond

Over the years, I've hired dozens of illegals standing on the street corners waiting for day labor. Give me a break.

It has been stated before that many government agencies monitor this and other forums. It might not be the most intelligent action to publicly announce breaking US federal laws.

It has been stated before that many government agencies monitor this and other forums. It might not be the most intelligent action to publicly announce breaking US federal laws.

troll.gif

LOL - Thanks Dad.

evan_iliadis.gif

bashtroll.gif

smokey

I would say its not obvious if a "mail box etc" or an extended stay hotel address would work for these visas. They do make it a point on the US gov website to say you MUST have a perm domicile address, so if they are checking for that it wont take much for them to know you dont actually have your own domicile. So you'd wind up having to go over to the USA to find an apartment first, while you wait for the months of time to go by as you wait for the processing.

I do wonder if a friend's address would work.

Robert51, can you comment on how much they checked your Nevada address? Did you have to provide a bill in your name, or some other proof that the address was really your place and not a friends or a mail box etc?

I also would like to know if you could be in the USA while doing this. I think the wife must stay in the Philippines while the process is happening. So if your wife has a b1/b2 visa and COULD be in the USA for 6 months, I believe she cannot do that as she must be in the Philippines at the time.

if you have an acr you dont need a us address yet they figure your both going together....

The Mason

did she get stuck with the old excuse TB ... ?? our daughter went thru that and what was funny is cebu doc cleared her choa cleared her but ST Lukes did not guess who won

Same thing with my wife. Her sister had active TB a while back, so the entire family has been chest x-rayed and skin-tested every year for the past decade or so and never had a positive test. She goes to St. Luke's, and she tests positive. If the treatment weren't free, I'd think they were just skimming money from visa applicants.

fanboat

Robert....got a question for you.

I am planning to go to california soon....My divorce will be final sometime in july....I want to bring Gigi to ca on a finance visa.

we are living together and have pics together,so that takes care of meeting in person....she has never been married.

we are 37 years age difference(first red flag)usa standards.

I can prove income levels from my tax return.

I have a residence address in ca.

So if all the paper work is done right the first round...how long to get her to the USA?

shadow

Robert....got a question for you.

I am planning to go to california soon....My divorce will be final sometime in july....I want to bring Gigi to ca on a finance visa.

we are living together and have pics together,so that takes care of meeting in person....she has never been married.

we are 37 years age difference(first red flag)usa standards.

I can prove income levels from my tax return.

I have a residence address in ca.

So if all the paper work is done right the first round...how long to get her to the USA?

If all paperwork is in order, current timelines are 5-6 months.

Larry in Dumaguete

[email protected]