Headshot

Others have posted their house plans here, so I thought I would put mine out there for comment. You will notice that I have 5 bedrooms upstairs (including a master suite), with the maids quarters and common areas on the first floor. I'm also allowing for semi-outdoor living with covered verandas and balconies.

The style of the house will be Spanish Colonial, with arches over ballusters in the veranda and balcony openings. I am the Architectural Home Designer program, which I have found was somewhat limiting. I haven't figured out how to make arched openings, so the are just shown in the perspective as squared openings.

My lot is 546 square meters and has room for a small pool and some fruit trees. I will have a deep well drilled on the property, so there will be a small building behind the house for the filtration system and recirculating/water treatment system for the pool.

post-6379-126750182157_thumb.jpg

post-6379-126750185292_thumb.jpg

post-6379-126750279913_thumb.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• fanboat

• Turbota

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin (Retired)
broden

that looks real nice .. i like it .. do you really need 5 bedrooms? or could you make less but larger rooms? that's just my personal prejudice

oh and you could have more room if you park the boat in the pool :notallthere:

really i quite like it ... when do you expect to begin on it?

Headshot

There are five bedrooms because we are planning for children (we don't know how many yet) and we would also like a place for visitors (read that family) to stay. Actually, if you count the maids room as a bedroom (which is how some developers here count), there are six bedrooms.

By the way, how do people put their pictures in here so they are large? There must be a trick that I am missing.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

There are five bedrooms because we are planning for children (we don't know how many yet) and we would also like a place for visitors (read that family) to stay. Actually, if you count the maids room as a bedroom (which is how some developers here count), there are six bedrooms.

By the way, how do people put their pictures in here so they are large? There must be a trick that I am missing.

ah ok that's cool and congrats on those future plans too

the pics.. i dunno .. i just use the insert image dealie ... and whatever happens happens .. but like how yours are when you click on the pic it expands

Use BBCode tags. You wrap URLs of the images around the other BBcode tags such as [ i m g ] Insert URL of image here [/ i m g ] ( remove spaces )

Edited by Balay
Athena

very nice......... looks like gracious living to me.........

when youve finished building - give us a shout......... we'll give a test to your guestrooms ..... wink_01.gifthats-funny.gif

Headshot

when do you expect to begin on it?

Sorry I missed this question before. Buying land (and getting all the legal stuff done) takes forever here in the Philippines. I have a good lawyer who is handling the details for me (like getting the title transfered to my wife's maiden name, since we weren't married when we bought the property, and making sure that all the taxes and fees are paid during the transfer). We took care of the long-term lease and rent at that time as well. We should get a certified true copy of the title in the next couple of weeks. I am trying to find some decent contractors in the Danao area, so I can put the plans out for bid. I will get at least three contractors to bid the project (and tell them there are others bidding), so they give me a competitive bid. I think that is the surest way to avoid Kano pricing. It would be better if I could supervise the construction myself, but I have an apartment in Bulacao (one-year lease) and the lot is in Danao. It's a bit too far to be bouncing back and forth every day. I'm hoping to start construction by April or May.

smokey

coming in at bid is a lesson in crazy... they always underbid get the house half done and then say ... sir we are out of money what do you want to do sir... there should be a bid bond... but that is only a dream

JohninCebu

For a property that large you really need a bill of quanities with associated specification to price against. I hope you have a good architect who can provide a clerk of works. It may seem more expensive but it will save you the heartache in finding yourself in the position Robert describes.

Unless you have experience of the construction trade over here and dont have professional advise, just double the average of the quotes you receive and you may not be far off.

NOSOCALPINOY

Yup! Nice floor plan and large lot! :stooges:

Headshot

For a property that large you really need a bill of quanities with associated specification to price against. I hope you have a good architect who can provide a clerk of works. It may seem more expensive but it will save you the heartache in finding yourself in the position Robert describes.

Unless you have experience of the construction trade over here and dont have professional advise, just double the average of the quotes you receive and you may not be far off.

I'm a big one for good plans, bills of materials, work schedules and specifications. I will be using an architect to get things more precise (including the materials and costs). I have built homes before, but NOT here. It would seem there are ways to avoid the scenario of having the contractor coming back for more money in the middle of construction, and I will talk with my lawyer about that. It has been my experience that the more time you spend fine-tuning the plans, specifications, costs and schedules, and then making sure that you have complete understanding with the contractor on what is expected, the less likely it is for things to go wrong later.

Bet_Busta

Which specific part of Danao? My wife is from that area.

I assume that the lot wa bought with only a tax declaration and you process for the title as most lost in Danao are not titled.

As to the start date, I suggest you wait until June or buy the bulk of material in that time when the prices goes down. Just start monitoring prices.

I just found out that Holcim cement is now marketed here and are priced lower than Apo.

Portland is at P200 while Apo is above P210.

Good Luck in your project.

Very impressive design. I LOVE it. I would extend the roof line for shade, add solar power and water heater on the roof. Add a mud room and give REAL thought to window tints for UV etc. Other than that it is GREAT.

What did you use to draft it up?