Mango Hot Sauce Recipe

CardiacKid

CardiacKid

Made this last Sunday and it turned out so well I thought I would share the recipe. I used all local ingredients so they should be easy to find. The Sunshine Chili Sauce I use is really cheap and I suspect is made from Labuyo peppers. I buy it at White Gold for 46 pesos a quart. Sunshine is about the consistency of catsup and is extremely hot, much hotter than Frank's Hot Sauce. I mixed 1 cup plus 1 tbsp of Sunshine with 1 liter of unsweetened mango puree. Add the juice of 15 Lemoncitos, 2 tbsp of brown sugar, and 1 tbsp of cane vinegar. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes,stirring frequently, and cool before bottling. The sauce has a nice start when you taste the lemoncito and the mango. Then the heat kicks in. It is excellent on chicken, fish, and pork. I don't eat beef but I think it would be good with it also. Wife complained it is too hot but I think it's just about right. Unlike the straight Sunshine, this one doesn't require a fire extinguisher in the CR the next day.

lazydays

Yeah,most filipinas are not in to hot spicy stuff.When i make what i consider a mild curry,i always get,"oh its hot hun".

I must remember one day to see if i can find Tartare Sauce or ingredients for,i just love it with fish.