IMPORTANT - new policy at BoI

Hi Sam;

Since you are new to the forum you may not know this. But government officials regularly watch this forum and its been stated that they can check your identity. I'm not trying to scare you. Really I am not, just giving you a heads up.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SAM_NY

• lazydays

• musicman666

• ancienrocka

lazydays

Geez,another foreigner who thinks he can dictate to another country,on how they should run their own country, lee_popcorn.gif

I think there are a few people on this site who keep animosity against Americans or perhaps they think they are superior than any other foreigners, but their attitude doesn't bother me nor I care even a bit of what they think of.

Also, these very same people think (obviously mistakenly) that one must need to be in the PH for his whole life to know even a simple cultural thing about the PH. According to them, if you were in the PH only once or if you have never been to the PH then you cannot possible be an expert on anything about PH. I guess these people are living in a stone age who don't even know that everything is readily available to know these days online. Besides, hanging out with Filipinos for the last 20 years (probably more than they have been known to any Filipino) is more than enough to know about Filipinos and their way of doing things. And who tell them that one is an expert as they say so?? Oh, wait a minute. I got it. Whenever someone gets involved more here on issues then that person is considred by these people as an expert. Is this it?

And by the way, these very same people don't even seem to know the meaning of dictating I guess; otherwise making a simple request to a foreign govt about any injustice would not have seen as "dictating". When a business of foreign govts. involves foreigners like us then it doesn't remain only these foreign govts' matter anymore; instead it becomes a matter of every party involved.

Anyway, these people's remarks don't matter to me nor I give a shit about them. I can very easily take them on arguments on their statements to its eternity but I would prefer to spend my time/energy/efforts in discussing matters regarding PH laws and life in general over there which is what really matters than their shitty and offensive talks. They don't scare me even a bit about being so "patriotic" to their this new land nor I give a rat @ss about them. They better stay out of my way.

Edited by SAM_NY
A_Simple_Man

. . . but I prefer to spend my time talking. . . .

You're in the right place

:P

Hi Sam;

Since you are new to the forum you may not know this. But government officials regularly watch this forum and its been stated that they can check your identity. I'm not trying to scare you. Really I am not, just giving you a heads up.

Thanks Cary. I appreciate that. Nevertheless, its okay for govt. officials to see my postings because I have expressed my opinions than trying to throw out their govt. I think I have already starting to believe that there are some PH govt. officials on this site who post often and always be a mouthpiece for PH govt but they are under the disguise of another nationality. They can be a mouthpiece for the PH govt and be so "patriotic" to PH govt. as much as they want but they don't and scare me up. I'm NOT under the jurisdiction of PH govt. nor I care about being in the PH if govt. don't want me there. I've not spoken anything about throwing the govt. so to say that I should be scared of. All I said about writing respectfully to PH govt. about all these unnecessary fees/taxes that they impose on foreigners which is really not fair. But I guess they have left one of their spokeperson on this site to be their mouthpiece. Anyway, appreicate for letting me know but I already figured that out that a govt. must have been here...

Mailman

What's all this talk about overthrowing the government?

Jess Bartone

Sam, I can't help feeling that you've somehow missed the intended purpose of this forum, and that of the government of the RP (the ruling class). To a greater or lesser degree, your complaints will fall largely on deaf ears.

musicman666

What's all this talk about overthrowing the government?

the rally starts at the terraces tonight 8pm sharp.. be there! loads of us negative malcontent types will be gathering in huge numbers!! :taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz::taz:

Headshot

Do you know for sure how much an immigrant visa holder (13a) would pay for exit clearance fees (not a certificate) and travel tax if s/he would leave the PH after staying for 4-5 months?

I'm a US citizen married to a Filippina and living in NYC with my wife. My wife and I have no plan whatsoever to move permanently to the PH, but I plan on staying in the PH for maximum of 4-5 months each year. I've been extensively researching all the pros and cons of both, immigrant visa (13a) and tourist visa 9a, but both turn out to be pretty much same when it comes to the cost especially when I don't have any plan to stay in the PH for a longer period. Can anyone tell me which is one better in my situation given I won't be staying in the PH more than 4-5 months? BB privilege is the best but it's not applicable to my situation because my wife won't be able to accompany with me to the PH each time. She will join me later on. I will be traveling directly from another asian country while she will fly directly from the US because of limited day-off. That's why BB program is out of our way; otherwise it is the best option...no money to pay for any extension and no worry about paying all these fancy fees/taxes except departure tax.

Looking forward to your response. Thanks.

You really shouldn't worry about visas. With all of those letters you wrote (if you really did), you will likely be "black listed" by the Philippine government anyway. Therefore, the kind of visa you should get becomes quite rhetorical (because you may not get into the Philippines again). Each country has the right to write laws, charge fees, and manage its borders as it sees fit (they don't have to ask for our permission). Since you are NOT a voter here, it is unlikely that anybody you write will care at all what you think. If they do care, it will only be enough to label you as a radical...and therefore undesirable.

Headshot

Just a bunch of malcontents on this forum! No wonder why people get negative attitudes and don't contribute anything worth while! Nothing but negative remarks that don't help the cause!

What cause? Whose cause? My cause is to get along in the country where I have decided to live. That is the only cause I will support.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

what? mailman's gonna overthrow the government?

not really surprised i guess

Headshot

what? mailman's gonna overthrow the government?

not really surprised i guess

Mailmen don't overthrow governments. They just go "postal" and wipe out all the other mailmen.

Sam, I can't help feeling that you've somehow missed the intended purpose of this forum, and that of the government of the RP (the ruling class). To a greater or lesser degree, your complaints will fall largely on deaf ears.

Jesee, I know all along and very well that my complaints will fall largely on deaf ears especially when I know too well how things work in the PH. Nevertheless, this didn't stop me making complaints nor it stopped me for standing up against the unfairness. I'm at least proud of myself that I stood up against unfairness. injustice and bureacracy unlike most folks here who are either scared or trying to ignore all these mess in the name of nagativsm, fear, and etc.. but I'm not one of them. I always stand up against wrongdoing regardless things will change or not, at least I can raise my concern and be fair to myself in knowing that I at least spoke up against the wrongdoing.

Besides, I know that bringing a change is not that easy, and even US President Obama said once that- "to change a thing is not easy because there will be too many obstacles and many people will come along its way to prevent it from changing because they are just got used to the way its".

As for the purpose of the forum then I do know too well about the purpose of the forum and even this whole board. People talk pretty much every issue here in respect to their life in the PH, which you might like to check that out, and unfairness and injustice to foreigners is and should be the top priority of this board because its directly impacting us (perhaps not to those who are being the mouthpiece to PH govt. and hiding here under the disguise of another name).

You really shouldn't worry about visas. With all of those letters you wrote (if you really did), you will likely be "black listed" by the Philippine government anyway. Therefore, the kind of visa you should get becomes quite rhetorical (because you may not get into the Philippines again). Each country has the right to write laws, charge fees, and manage its borders as it sees fit (they don't have to ask for our permission). Since you are NOT a voter here, it is unlikely that anybody you write will care at all what you think. If they do care, it will only be enough to label you as a radical...and therefore undesirable.

And, do you HONESTLY think I would give a shit about being blacklisted in there??? Perhaps, you and others who are being the mouthpiece to the PH govt. and/or perhaps like to live in there so desperately because couldn't make it at your own countries?? Just for your information, my wife is a Filipino citizen who votes each occassion. But I'm sure PH govt. don't care about the wish of their own citizens. If you don't believe me then ask your Filipino spouse to write to PH govt. and then tell me if they would make changes because of her. The bottom line is- PH govt. don't care anyone regardless of the nationality; instead grabbing money is all matter to them. No wonder why the Politicians and actors over there have filthy money but then almost every Filipino wants to be in abroad if not already.

musicman666

Jesee, I know all along and very well that my complaints will fall largely on deaf ears especially when I know too well how things work in the PH. Nevertheless, this didn't stop me making complaints nor it stopped me for standing up against the unfairness. I'm at least proud of myself that I stood up against unfairness. injustice and bureacracy unlike most folks here who are either scared or trying to ignore all these mess in the name of nagativsm, fear, and etc.. but I'm not one of them. I always stand up against wrongdoing regardless things will change or not, at least I can raise my concern and be fair to myself in knowing that I at least spoke up against the wrongdoing.

Besides, I know that bringing a change is not that easy, and even US President Obama said once that- "to change a thing is not easy because there will be too many obstacles and many people will come along its way to prevent it from changing because they are just got used to the way its".

As for the purpose of the forum then I do know too well about the purpose of the forum and even this whole board. People talk pretty much every issue here in respect to their life in the PH, which you might like to check that out, and unfairness and injustice to foreigners is and should be the top priority of this board because its directly impacting us (perhaps not to those who are being the mouthpiece to PH govt. and hiding here under the disguise of another name).

do you think it would work if you launched a petition to convert iran over to christianity??