IMPORTANT - new policy at BoI

Sam;

You are preaching to the choir. The guys on this forum agree with you. But as you read through the archives and also talk to your wife, she will sadly back us up. The RP for whatever reason has a protectionist attitude about many things and as a result it stymies their economy and so they try to make up for their losses with the OFWs and foreigners.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SAM_NY

• lazydays

• musicman666

• ancienrocka

musicman666

I also believe that people can take their plights to media like to the newspapers. I'm sure it will get the attention of these powerful people. People can even write to their own respective Consulate and copy forward it to all these powerful people. This way they would know that how world is going to view about them. Then they cannot ignore all these voices if they want to live in and between the world...lols

i think the only thing that will make the philippines change their stance on foreigners is if they started to go elsewhere.. but as long as they keep coming and spending then they see no need to change.

musicman666

also they love the line "if you dont like it then go somewhere else" which drives me nuts.. ..also "you are guests here" ect ect..

personally i wish everyone just did what the law says .. no matter where they are or where they are from... the rest is all bullshit.

Lee From Cebu

I tried to give my Acr card back at the airport and no one wanted it ??

"also they love the line "if you dont like it then go somewhere else"

No wonder why this country is still a poor country and it doesn't attract as many foreigners as many Asian countries do like Malaysia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Japan and etc. I myself have no reason to be in the Philippines except just to spend a few weeks with my wife's family; otherwise I personally don't see much goodies there, to be honest. Yes they have beaches but so do we have in the US and many countries well. This country, PH, is full of corruption, poor instrafructure, not to safe for foreigners, too warm/hot, electricity rate is so high. I mean, nothing attracts me about PH except kindness of some Filipinos and of course some beautiful young females who are known to be the MOST submissive in the world...lols

I totally understand Cary what you mean and I also know a way long ago about this kind of attitude of this country and the people who are running this country, yet still I believe it shouldn't stop us writing to all these "big shot" people since we have nothing to lose. Who knows they might change their way of doing things?? At least, we should try. So far foreigners might have putting off this and tolerating as a way of things in the PH which might have been the reason to this to have continued. I think it has to start from somewhere and its about the time we speak up about it especially when we have nothing to lose except a few minutes in writing to all these bureocrats. We they cannot run their country with justice and fairness then let's us (United States) run. I've never dealt with so much corruption in my life as I've noticed in the PH even though I've lived in many poor Asian countries. It's so sad.

Sam;

You are preaching to the choir. The guys on this forum agree with you. But as you read through the archives and also talk to your wife, she will sadly back us up. The RP for whatever reason has a protectionist attitude about many things and as a result it stymies their economy and so they try to make up for their losses with the OFWs and foreigners.

Mailman

We they cannot run their country with justice and fairness then let's us (United States) run. I've never dealt with so much corruption in my life as I've noticed in the PH even though I've lived in many poor Asian countries. It's so sad.

Quezon got his wish!

NOSOCALPINOY

We just did our 2 months extension today for the months of June and July, it came out to P7,070 for me and my wife. we're at the 6 month mark, so an additional fee was charged included in the P7,070, I believe was an extra P1,200 something. So, our next 2 month extension for August and September will then be around P5,000 or less. We plan to leave the country on vacation to California in September and return a month later using our BB stamp good for another year stay. So actually. our extensions only averages out to around $40 per person for each month of extensions and $50 each for the ACR I-CARDS.

For retirees on a tight budget, that would be expensive wouldn't you say? My wife and I have the option to get our Dual Citizenship or go by way of a 13G Non Quota Immigrant permanent resident, but that will be in the works eventually after our return, I just hate the run around, greasing of palms and the red tape involved.

If anyone would care to draft some sort of a petition to forward via email to the appropriate people and agencies here in the Philippines and in the U.S., I will jump on the band wagon with the rest of the people who cares to add their names to the petition making our grievances known of all the unfair fees and immigration bureaucracy in the Philippines and hope someday changes will be made to simplify and reduce immigration fees in the near future benefiting the country, tourists and residents alike! It would be a WIN WIN situation for all eventually! Some one has to listen and react, if enough people will complain to the right people and agencies in authority!

Mailman

Wouldn't such a petition or rally of support constitute as foreigners protesting in the country and/or 'interfering with internal matters' and be subject to deportation?

musicman666

We just did our 2 months extension today for the months of June and July, it came out to P7,070 for me and my wife. we're at the 6 month mark, so an additional fee was charged included in the P7,070, I believe was an extra P1,200 something. So, our next 2 month extension for August and September will then be around P5,000 or less. We plan to leave the country on vacation to California in September and return a month later using our BB stamp good for another year stay. So actually. our extensions only averages out to around $40 per person for each month of extensions and $50 each for the ACR I-CARDS.

For retirees on a tight budget, that would be expensive wouldn't you say? My wife and I have the option to get our Dual Citizenship or go by way of a 13G Non Quota Immigrant permanent resident, but that will be in the works eventually after our return, I just hate the run around, greasing of palms and the red tape involved.

If anyone would care to draft some sort of a petition to forward via email to the appropriate people and agencies here in the Philippines and in the U.S., I will jump on the band wagon with the rest of the people who cares to add their names to the petition making our grievances known of all the unfair fees and immigration bureaucracy in the Philippines and hope someday changes will be made to simplify and reduce immigration fees in the near future benefiting the country, tourists and residents alike! It would be a WIN WIN situation for all eventually! Some one has to listen and react, if enough people will complain to the right people and agencies in authority!

how will it be win win for the guy who gets all your money that you just had to fork out?

NOSOCALPINOY

How will it be win win for the guy who gets all your money that you just had to fork out?

musicman666

Just a bunch of malcontents on this forum! No wonder why people get negative attitudes and don't contribute anything worth while! Nothing but negative remarks that don't help the cause!

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY
musicman666

How will it be win win for the guy who gets all your money that you just had to fork out?

musicman666

Just a bunch of malcontents on this forum! No wonder why people get negative attitudes and don't contribute anything worth while! Nothing but negative remarks that don't help the cause!

just get your dual nationality ... dont really know why your sweating it out with us lowlife foreigners.

Edited by musicman666

I don't think that requesting a govt. peacefully and respectfully could be considered as a protest against the govt. No wonder why all these fears and ifs, buts and negativism and overall being quiet about all these mess contribute this mess to have kept going so far. Again, someone has to tell me what one would lose by standing up annoymously against all these unfairness, injustice and bureacracy. Why are some of you even questioning or having second thoughts about standing up against this stuffs? We all know quite well that a change is not easy to come along especially in a messed country like PH and we also know it would be dream come true if ever there will be a change in this regard but hey if we foreigners won't stand up then who would. If we will not speak up then these policy makers would never know that we are not okay with their such practice. Whether they care or not about our voices is an another thing but I strongly believe that it will PH govt. to think twice about all this mess if our Filipino spouses and their fellow up citizens would also join us in this plight.

I know what I'm writing and saying might seem like a fairytale to some but I'm darn serious about it that we should do something about it at least writing to these policy makers; otherwise don't be surprised if you would also pay a higher fees/taxes and would go thru new regulations all the times. I dont want to stand up just for myself but rather all of you. I've no plan on living in the PH permanently neither my wife. I just want to go there for 2-4 months in a year at most which I could easily do that without worry about all these fancy fees/taxes...let alone when I'm financially sound. But it's not about the money; rather being fair and just with foreigners. I can not speak for anyone else except for myself, and as far as I'm concerned that this is the only country I've seen in this world wherein one needs to pay to get into, to live in there and to exit. To be honest, it's all going on because we foreigners have been quiet on their ways of things.

Woolf

Before you americans complain too much about philippine visa rules, I think you should have a look at this

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhniv1.html

visa application fee of $131. with no garranti that a visa will be issued

Woolf, I would appreciate if you don't go into country-side arguments to justify yourself. I've never said that America or any other country in the world is totally perfect nor I've said that people from other countries can't raise their voice/concerns to American govt. (or to any other foreign govts. for that matter) if they fee/see/sense some kind of unfairness, injustice and unjust process. That being said, foreigns are allowed to and they should speak up to American govt. if they feel something is not fair. However, comparing this reported application fees with the mess in the PH at every level of the govt. is insane if you ask me. By the way, do you expect US govt. to issue visa to everyone who likes to pay for an application fees?? I wouldn't mind if PH govt. would like to refuse granting visa to foreigners on a valid grounds like other countries do but they dont. Why? Because all they ever care for is-cash/money.

On this very site a guy reported his experience in obtaining an immigrant visa 13a in Manila. He stated that he knew very well before going to interview on his immigrant visa application that his application would be denied without a doubt because he and his wife didn't submit not even one proof/evidence as to how he would be supported while in the PH which is a requirement in order to obtain this immigrant visa. Both, husband and wife, are deadly broke and don't have even $100 and living off on the expense of his wife's family expense. Point to remember- they did not submit any documentary evidece to overcome a public charge ground as to how he will support himself in the PH, which is a requirement. He stated that during the interview, immigration officer called his wife a liar and him a fraud, yet still they got an approval notice in the mail. He went on saying that one got to slap his Filipino spouse in front of the immigration officer or go to the interview as a totally drunk or on drunk to get denied because they just don't deny anyone. That being said, US govt. is not like govt. of PH so you to make an comparission. Further, once a US visa is granted, US allows foreigners to stay the country for at least 6 months upon arrival at its port of entry and even their extension of visa also goes for standard 6 months unlike in the PH wherein extension is for 38 or 59 days at most at one time so that they can extort more and more money out of you. Moreoever, once US govt. grants a green card to a foreigner, they don't require foreigners to make a personal visit to their immigration office each year and pay fees each time unlike in the PH. So please don't talk about US laws.

Before you americans complain too much about philippine visa rules, I think you should have a look at this

http://manila.usemba...v/wwwhniv1.html

visa application fee of $131. with no garranti that a visa will be issued