IMPORTANT - new policy at BoI

[quote name='ancienrocka' date='25 February 2010 - 01:15 PM'

Annual report fee for those with "permanent resident" status is 310p

Yeps, was there Tuesday and I was in and out in about 1.5-2 minutes with no hassle about receipts or anything. Very nice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SAM_NY

• lazydays

• musicman666

• ancienrocka

ancienrocka

I went to BoI today to do my first ACR card renewals for clients. Just thought I'd add a few pieces of information I gleaned from this experience.

1. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to carry on doing this for my clients as they might need photos, fingerprints, etc., but no problem - it seems all the information they need is taken from the passport itself. It means that you can continue to use your normal travel agent OR ME to do your renewals.

2. I was told that the cards would be ready for collection 2-3 days after renewal but was advised to leave it for 5 days to avoid "disappointment". I have made the decision to increase my fees for this "one off" extension to 1000p as it means I will have to go there twice for each client - normal fees of 700p, pick up and redelivery, will apply to all extensions where an ACR card is not required.

3. It seems the fee is not a flat 2300p but is based on $50 as I had to wait for the days conversion rate to be uploaded into the local system from Manila. Today I paid 2291p.

4 You will pay an extra 500p Express Lane Fee for this one off extension.

More information will follow as it comes to hand.

Paul

Edited by ancienrocka

I went and got my second extension Monday afternoon. I was charged 2305 pesos for the ACR and the additional express lane fee of 500 pesos. My total out the door was 7605 pesos. I go Thursday morning to pick up the ACR. I was told 3 days was the wait time for the card and that anytime after 9AM will be fine to get the card. While I was waiting one of the officers sat down and chatted with me for awhile. He stated that the ACR card is part of the process now due to the large number of complaints about not being able to get bank accounts without it. yeah right....

JohnFromTexas

I guarantee you if the exchange rate with the dollar changes dramatically in our favor, it's going to become a flat peso fee :stick_poke:

I'm going tomorrow to get mine done... hurray.

So I went today to pick up the ACR card as instructed 3 days earlier. The card was not ready so I was told to try tomorrow or wait till Monday and it would be there for sure. Seems the best thing to do is give it 5 working days before going back to get the card. YMMV.

wingandprayer

I wonder how this impacts coming in on a BB stamp? I bet that I wouldnt need it. I went down to BoI to pay my 310 pesos annual fee. They rejected my payment saying it wasnt needed as I was here on a BB stamp.

I don't think the BB is affected by ACRI,not seen anything mentioned.

I'm also on a BB stamp that doesn't expire until June. Am I reading this correct that when I visit the BI I'll receive an ACR card without any fee? If so, that sounds nice to me.

lazydays

I wonder how this impacts coming in on a BB stamp? I bet that I wouldnt need it. I went down to BoI to pay my 310 pesos annual fee. They rejected my payment saying it wasnt needed as I was here on a BB stamp.

I don't think the BB is affected by ACRI,not seen anything mentioned.

I'm also on a BB stamp that doesn't expire until June. Am I reading this correct that when I visit the BI I'll receive an ACR card without any fee? If so, that sounds nice to me.

Wrong assumption there.

You don't need to get ACRI card if you are staying on a BB.

If you revert later to Tourist Visa extentions,then after 59 days you will be required to get one,and you will have to pay for it.

No free lunch at the BOI,LOL biggrin_01.gif

ancienrocka

Here are the answers to a couple of questions I have been asked - I get so many questions aech day I'm not sure I'm posting them in the right thread, on the right forum or even if they were asked at all.

1. You cannot pay for your ACR card with a $50 bill even though the fee is based on the current rate for the US$50 - all transactions must be in pesos

2. Someone with a BB stamp cannot get the new temporary ACR card.

3. The card is almost identical to the permanent residents ACR card - it has a photo taken from your passport but varies in wording as follows:-

Visa type "Sec 13a" "TV"

Visa valid to "08-25-10" "Ref Passport"

Cert of Residence "CRTV12345" "NA"

I gave up on trying to format this - just a computer idiot!

Paul

Edited by ancienrocka
Markham

Visa type "Sec 13a" "TV"

Visa valid to "08-25-10" "Ref Passport"

Cert of Residence "CRTV12345" "NA"

If the temporary ACR card has "NA" against 'Cert of Residence' then I would very much doubt that the banks will accept it should you wish full-service banking for a Peso account. Banks require proof of residency before they are allowed to provide such a facility.

Mark

NOSOCALPINOY

Check this link out: http://immigration.g...=612&Itemid=103

It has a good explanation of the uses and disposition of the ACR I-CARD for tourists in the Philippines who's stay are over the 59 days, and if one wants to stay beyond the 59 days they will have to do the 2 month extension up to 16 months and be required to have an ACR I-CARD, anyway it's automatic since it is now mandatory, it will be added to your 2 month visa extension. For those on the BB stamps, prior to it elapsing and one wants to stay longer over 6 months up to 16 months, you will also have to do the 2 month interval extensions and at that time, the ACR I-CARD will be issued, paid in pesos (only U.S. Embassies can accept dollar payments for other services provided). All ACR I-CARDs are embedded with all your visa status into the micro chip and color coded Green and Orange. All temporary tourists must surrender their ACR I-CARD to BI Officials at the airport upon their departure. All departing tourists who have stayed more the than 6 months must have an (ECC) Exit Clearance Certificate prior to their departure. 13A&G visa permanent residents are the exception to the rule where they are required to use their ACR I-cards to exit and reenter the Philippines, they are also exempted from the follow on (throw away) ticket rule. Anyway, all this except for the "follow on" ticket rule is explained in this memorandum to read for yourself in the link provided above.

• 2 months later...

I believe we (aliens) should write/complaint to BI commissioner, the Secy of Department of Justice, Congress members and their leaders, and the President of the RP about all these rip-offs in the name of fancy justification, fees and taxes. Do not forget to remind them about the increases in all these fees and taxes but also all these exit clearance fees, travel tax and departure taxes. Those shouldn't be there or at least not this much. So what if PH is a poor country? Being a poor country doesn't mean it should generate its revenue on the expense of foreigners and on the basis of unfairness, unjust and injustice. They should find another way to generate money for their country.

Philippines shouldn't take the advantages of the foreigners. Writing to every of above people and by most foreigners might open their eyes. I know most won't bother to waste their time/energy/efforts in writing all this because of fear or something else but they should try to understand that if we don't raise our voice commulatively then nothing will ever change. Today is these high and new fees/regulations, tomorrow will be more. Then what you will do? It should be stopped somewhere at some point. Foreigners show their disagreement on this new regulations or high fees or all these fancy laws only on blogs/forums and to friends but talking this matter to these places won't help, rather it should be talked with where it might make things to change.

Yesterday I wrote a long email to BI commissioner and I was very bold in mentioning there all these fees/taxes and regulations are rip-offs and that PH is being unfair and unjust with foreigners. I'm not afraid to speak up against injustice nor anyone should be. I mean, making it mandatory to obtain ACR-i by all tourists staying for more than 59 days in the PH is unjust because not every foreigner wants to open an bank account or to get a driving license so to say they need this card. It should be optional so that those foreigners who like to get a DL or like to open an bank account then they can get it but making it mandatory to all tourists staying more than 59 days is completely wrong and injustice.

Further, why a foreigner is not allowed to keep it and use it for his/her next trip to the PH, afterall s/he has paid for it?? And why there is extra fees and time consuming process again for the same person who was holding it once? I think this goes to say that they just want to extort money out of foreigners; otherwise they could allow seasonal foreigners to keep it to use for next time without the need of paying again.

Also, why they don't allow staying in the country for 6 months upon entry in the country than just allowing for 21 days or 59days? Why do they force foreigners to have kept extending their visas in the increments of only 59days each time than just extending for 4-6 months as it's done in the US? Why do they allow foreigners to remain in the country for 24 months on extension of visa? Believe me, it's just money making tricks for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they increase fees or come up with another law/policy/regulation/provision. Trust me.

I think its about time we aliens should speak up about it. You have nothing to lose by speaking against all these being annoymous but at least there could be a hope of change if we do write to everyone. I think you all should think hard about what I have written and don't forget that it will also affact you one day.

musicman666

I believe we (aliens) should write/complaint to BI commissioner, the Secy of Department of Justice, Congress members and their leaders, and the President of the RP about all these rip-offs in the name of fancy justification, fees and taxes. Do not forget to remind them about the increases in all these fees and taxes but also all these exit clearance fees, travel tax and departure taxes. Those shouldn't be there or at least not this much. So what if PH is a poor country? Being a poor country doesn't mean it should generate its revenue on the expense of foreigners and on the basis of unfairness, unjust and injustice. They should find another way to generate money for their country.

Philippines shouldn't take the advantages of the foreigners. Writing to every of above people and by most foreigners might open their eyes. I know most won't bother to waste their time/energy/efforts in writing all this because of fear or something else but they should try to understand that if we don't raise our voice commulatively then nothing will ever change. Today is these high and new fees/regulations, tomorrow will be more. Then what you will do? It should be stopped somewhere at some point. Foreigners show their disagreement on this new regulations or high fees or all these fancy laws only on blogs/forums and to friends but talking this matter to these places won't help, rather it should be talked with where it might make things to change.

Yesterday I wrote a long email to BI commissioner and I was very bold in mentioning there all these fees/taxes and regulations are rip-offs and that PH is being unfair and unjust with foreigners. I'm not afraid to speak up against injustice nor anyone should be. I mean, making it mandatory to obtain ACR-i by all tourists staying for more than 59 days in the PH is unjust because not every foreigner wants to open an bank account or to get a driving license so to say they need this card. It should be optional so that those foreigners who like to get a DL or like to open an bank account then they can get it but making it mandatory to all tourists staying more than 59 days is completely wrong and injustice.

Further, why a foreigner is not allowed to keep it and use it for his/her next trip to the PH, afterall s/he has paid for it?? And why there is extra fees and time consuming process again for the same person who was holding it once? I think this goes to say that they just want to extort money out of foreigners; otherwise they could allow seasonal foreigners to keep it to use for next time without the need of paying again.

Also, why they don't allow staying in the country for 6 months upon entry in the country than just allowing for 21 days or 59days? Why do they force foreigners to have kept extending their visas in the increments of only 59days each time than just extending for 4-6 months as it's done in the US? Why do they allow foreigners to remain in the country for 24 months on extension of visa? Believe me, it's just money making tricks for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they increase fees or come up with another law/policy/regulation/provision. Trust me.

I think its about time we aliens should speak up about it. You have nothing to lose by speaking against all these being annoymous but at least there could be a hope of change if we do write to everyone. I think you all should think hard about what I have written and don't forget that it will also affact you one day.

have you been to the philippines before?... because anyone here will tell you that although you are right nobody in power in the philippines cares.. in fact they like it when forigners get annoyed .. like its some kind of payback thing.

Do you know for sure how much an immigrant visa holder (13a) would pay for exit clearance fees (not a certificate) and travel tax if s/he would leave the PH after staying for 4-5 months?

I'm a US citizen married to a Filippina and living in NYC with my wife. My wife and I have no plan whatsoever to move permanently to the PH, but I plan on staying in the PH for maximum of 4-5 months each year. I've been extensively researching all the pros and cons of both, immigrant visa (13a) and tourist visa 9a, but both turn out to be pretty much same when it comes to the cost especially when I don't have any plan to stay in the PH for a longer period. Can anyone tell me which is one better in my situation given I won't be staying in the PH more than 4-5 months? BB privilege is the best but it's not applicable to my situation because my wife won't be able to accompany with me to the PH each time. She will join me later on. I will be traveling directly from another asian country while she will fly directly from the US because of limited day-off. That's why BB program is out of our way; otherwise it is the best option...no money to pay for any extension and no worry about paying all these fancy fees/taxes except departure tax.

Looking forward to your response. Thanks.

Hello Musicman,

Yes, I was in the PH, only once and which was recently. I personally didn't feel any annoying things from govt. officials but then I didn't deal with them as well. However, I was treated so nicely and respectfully at the airport at both time, while entering and existing. But I understand what you mean, nevertheless, it shouldn't stop anyone from raising their voices. I am for one would never be discouraged by all these annoying nor it will stop me to stand up against wrongdoing. There is nothing wrong to disagree with anything respectifully.

I also believe that people can take their plights to media like to the newspapers. I'm sure it will get the attention of these powerful people. People can even write to their own respective Consulate and copy forward it to all these powerful people. This way they would know that how world is going to view about them. Then they cannot ignore all these voices if they want to live in and between the world...lols