IMPORTANT - new policy at BoI

lazydays

Does this new system affect those married to Philippine nationals?

Jesse,

I would say yes,if they are staying in the country on tourist extension visa.

If they have a 13a visa,then they have a resident ACRI (different animal) which is renewable ever 5yrs.

Last i heard,the tourist ACRI card would be valid for 1yr,but if you have to hand it in on leaving the country,that could cause problems.

It begs the question,if you stay for 4months,leave the country for 1 month,then return for another 2+ months,do you get your original card back,or have to get yet another ACR1 card.

Ideally you should be able to keep it as you have paid for it,and may wish to re enter the country within 1yr.

I think its still a case of wait and see.

Paul(ancienrocka) could you check if there is extra express lane fee.

I will be there again tomorrow - I will try to ask any questions you all may have.

Just post them and I'll do my best to find out for you.

Paul

Thanks Paul. smile.gif

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SAM_NY

• lazydays

• musicman666

• ancienrocka

ancienrocka
The cost will be - 2 versions, $50 or 2300p. I think the peso figure is more likely otherwise the rate would change daily.

I think the fee will likely be $50. The fee for the regular ACR card is quoted in dollars but payable in pesos at the prevailing exchange rate. I'm surprised to hear you won't need to provide photo/fingerprints to get the tourist ACR card. As I recall, there was a biometric fee I had to pay to provide my fingerprints for my ACR card. Seems they're missing out on charging everyone that fee.

As I said, I only have scant information of the way the new policy will work.

I guess we'll all find out over the next few weeks.

Paul

Ivantheterrible

I've never been to the PI but I'm considering moving/going there soon.

If I arrive without a visa and get the free 21 days, will I have to get the ACRI card then? At the airport? or will I have to get it at my first extension? or not until the 2nd extension?

JohnFromTexas

So if we are almost due for renewal, we should do it now if we don't want to pay the fee for a couple months? :1frog:

Slick made me do this!!!

gallery_919_70_16518.jpg

The ancient one said he will update everyone soon!

Edited by Bob Ward
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Slick made me do this!!!

gallery_919_70_16518.jpg

The ancient one said he will update everyone soon!

:1frog:

that almost looks dirty Bob

ancienrocka

If I arrive without a visa and get the free 21 days, will I have to get the ACRI card then? At the airport? or will I have to get it at my first extension? or not until the 2nd extension?

I think you will need to pay for the ACR card when you extend after being here for 59 days

Paul

ancienrocka

So if we are almost due for renewal, we should do it now if we don't want to pay the fee for a couple months? :shocked:

Hi Tex,

I don't think that would work.

I think you need to pay for the new ACR card if your extension takes you beyond 59 days.

As I've said before, all of this is speculation - an educated guess on my part, but still a guess!

Paul

Ivantheterrible

If I am expecting to stay for a while, maybe half a year or more, can I just get the ACR card as soon as I arrive. By this I mean not waiting until I go back to get an extension, but arriving and then getting the ACR card within a day or two of my initial arrival into the country.

It seems it should be fine to do that, is it?

I have been here for 8 months and only recently went for my 10 month extension. I went to Cebu asking about this ACRI card and was told to come back in 3 months time as they did not have the resources to issue me one at the time. In 3 months time i still do not think they will be able to give me one. I usually go to Dumaguete and they still use an old styled type writer, for them to be able to issue me with an ACRI card is pretty unimaginable. I was told by an official that until they can issue these cards throughout the Philippines, the law will not be implemted. For example if you lived in Mindanao you would have some journey to get an ACRI card in the first place. I was told to come back in 3 months time and then maybe they will be in a position to give me one. Well this is my experience since being here. I may have been given bad advice by some official, but i am not really worried about it for now, when i next go for a renewal and have the capacity to issue me one then i will get it, if they do not mention it then i will not. Simple.

JohnFromTexas

I hope it drags out... this seems like a purposeless additional tax to me.

lazydays

Your first extension will be for 38days which makes up 59days (21+38),you don't have to wait until your 21days is nearly up to add the 38days,you can go and get it at anytime within the 21 days.

Your 2nd extension will be for the full 59days,this is when you will be required to get the ACRI card.

All further extensions are for 59days.

To obtain all extensions you must visit,(or use an agent) the nearest BOI office (Bureau of Immigration).

BOI offices are in most major cities.

lazydays

If I am expecting to stay for a while, maybe half a year or more, can I just get the ACR card as soon as I arrive. By this I mean not waiting until I go back to get an extension, but arriving and then getting the ACR card within a day or two of my initial arrival into the country.

It seems it should be fine to do that, is it?

No,i would think not,it states it will be issued at the time of the full 59 day extension.

lazydays

I hope it drags out... this seems like a purposeless additional tax to me.

Welcome to the Philippines,the land of beaurocracy. biggrin_01.gifas-if.gif