IMPORTANT - new policy at BoI

ancienrocka

We have all been expecting that ACR cards will be mandatory for tourists - well it seems that the policy is being implemented in Cebu from today.

I can't say that the facts below are completely accurate as I have yet to test them out for myself, but this is what my friends at BoI told me this morning.

An ACR card will be required for every tourist that stays longer than 59 days.

The cost will be - 2 versions, $50 or 2300p. I think the peso figure is more likely otherwise the rate would change daily.

The 2300p will be on top of the 2nd extension fee of 4800p.

All those who have been here longer than 59 days will be charged the 2300p fee at their next extension.

The ACR card can be collected 3 days after payment.

The applicant does not have to go there as they take the information from your passport - you can use myself or another agent to renew for you.

It seems from that, that no fingerprints or photos are taken.

As I said before this is all I have been told at the moment; I will update the information when I know more.

Paul

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SAM_NY

• lazydays

• musicman666

• ancienrocka

Lee From Cebu

Paul is there any advantage in having a ACR card, how long is it good for,I,ve been here for over the 59 days so my next renew will be 2300 more ? whats ACR stand for ...thanks buddy

I'm coming for three months that makes it around $A170 to renew I am seriously thinking of going to another country for a few days or week if the fare is cheap enough instead of renewing and come back for 21 days.

ACR I believe is the acronym for Alien Certificate of Registration.

Lee From Cebu

Thats a great idea Art because after my next extension I believe I will only be here for 3 weeks ....

ancienrocka

Hi Lee,

I think the ACR card will expire as soon as you leave, but that is honestly only a guess!

Any advantages; well most banks required an ACR card to open a peso account before - the question is, will they accept one of these "temporary" ACR cards in the future?

Hi Art,

I think many people will need to consider whether staying beyond the initial 59 days makes financial sense.

Regards,

Paul

Edited by ancienrocka
lazydays

Last i heard,the tourist ACRI card would be valid for 1yr,but if you have to hand it in on leaving the country,that could cause problems.

It begs the question,if you stay for 4months,leave the country for 1 month,then return for another 2+ months,do you get your original card back,or have to get yet another ACR1 card.

Ideally you should be able to keep it as you have paid for it,and may wish to re enter the country within 1yr.

I think its still a case of wait and see.

Paul(ancienrocka) could you check if there is extra express lane fee.

Edited by lazydays
lazydays

Hi Lee,

I think the ACR card will expire as soon as you leave, but that is honestly only a guess!

Any advantages; well most banks required an ACR card to open a peso account before - the question is, will they accept one of these "temporary" ACR cards in the future?

Hi Art,

I think many people will need to consider whether staying beyond the initial 59 days makes financial sense.

Regards,

Paul

It would only make sense if you were staying 6+months,coz i believe it will eliminate the need to acquire an exit permit from BOI.

I believe that was one of the intentions for this card.We will have to wait and see.

Edited by lazydays

I wonder how this impacts coming in on a BB stamp? I bet that I wouldnt need it. I went down to BoI to pay my 310 pesos annual fee. They rejected my payment saying it wasnt needed as I was here on a BB stamp.

lazydays

I wonder how this impacts coming in on a BB stamp? I bet that I wouldnt need it. I went down to BoI to pay my 310 pesos annual fee. They rejected my payment saying it wasnt needed as I was here on a BB stamp.

I don't think the BB is affected by ACRI,not seen anything mentioned.

You were confusing a Balikbayan stamp in your passport, with a 13(a) visa, which your wife would apply for on your behalf. There are no fees to pay during your one year stay here, under the Balikbayan Privilege.

My ACRi card has a photo and finger print and other security features so one assumes this is a acri mkII card for temporary visitors. Just another way to make a few bob but I suspect it will not give you the same validity of the full card, which as far as I am aware only gives you the right to pay your 2500p exit tax at the airport without prior application. Never been asked for it otherwise.

ancienrocka

Last i heard,the tourist ACRI card would be valid for 1yr,but if you have to hand it in on leaving the country,that could cause problems.

It begs the question,if you stay for 4months,leave the country for 1 month,then return for another 2+ months,do you get your original card back,or have to get yet another ACR1 card.

Ideally you should be able to keep it as you have paid for it,and may wish to re enter the country within 1yr.

I think its still a case of wait and see.

Paul(ancienrocka) could you check if there is extra express lane fee.

I will be there again tomorrow - I will try to ask any questions you all may have.

Just post them and I'll do my best to find out for you.

Paul

Edited by ancienrocka
Jess Bartone

Does this new system affect those married to Philippine nationals?

JohnFromTexas

Why not just raise the renewal fee? why do they have to make up extra cards/regulations that aren't needed?? silly

The Mason
The cost will be - 2 versions, $50 or 2300p. I think the peso figure is more likely otherwise the rate would change daily.

I think the fee will likely be $50. The fee for the regular ACR card is quoted in dollars but payable in pesos at the prevailing exchange rate. I'm surprised to hear you won't need to provide photo/fingerprints to get the tourist ACR card. As I recall, there was a biometric fee I had to pay to provide my fingerprints for my ACR card. Seems they're missing out on charging everyone that fee.