Sign in to follow this  
tom_shor

Don't Want to Start a Stampede but...

Cary

The Church is going to have a fit despite the stated goal of preventing the spred of AIDS.

lazydays

Well its good to hear that the authorities are finally waking up to HIV/AIDS awareness.

Condoms have been available free at many clinics for years,sadly,not enough filipino/a's make use of them.

Funny how it takes HIV/AIDS to spur the authorities into more action,and not the fast rising over population.

I sometimes think Phils could do with a Chinese style policy,(but not as harsh) maybe a 2 or 3 child limit on couples.

Just my humble opinion.

I will keep my address private,just in case any catholics may want to bomb my house.LOL.biggrin_01.gif

Edited by lazydays

lazydays

The Church is going to have a fit despite the stated goal of preventing the spred of AIDS.

You are probably correct,but isn't it really about time the Roman Catholic religion moved into the 21st century,like some other religions have.

The old indoctrination of keeping people poor so that they can be manipulated by religion,is so outdated and a blight on humanity.

Slayer

It is great that they are available often for free, but the larger issue they need to tackle and overcome is getting rid of the stigmatism and embarrassment a single Filipino incurs when he/she goes to get them, and also related to this is the same criticisms a single Filipina often has to endure to go for OB type check ups.

KeithAngel

The way I read it was the condoms were donated by the companies and only if you spend 250-300 will you get one, minor puchases recieve information only :party0023:

Edited by Keith Angel

lazydays

The way I read it was the condoms were donated by the companies and only if you spend 250-300 will you get one, minor puchases recieve information only beatdeadhorse.gif

Just another marketing gimmick then,all they need to do,is go to the local clinic and get a handful of condoms for free.

barty

funny I was just thinking last night if I should buy condoms here before I go or over there? How much suitcases can I take on the plane trip? party0023.gif

RogerDuMond

funny I was just thinking last night if I should buy condoms here before I go or over there? How much suitcases can I take on the plane trip? party0023.gif

Those extra small condoms won't take up much room barty.stick_poke.gif

broden

those are called finger cots :lol:

The Mason

It is great that they are available often for free, but the larger issue they need to tackle and overcome is getting rid of the stigmatism and embarrassment a single Filipino incurs when he/she goes to get them, and also related to this is the same criticisms a single Filipina often has to endure to go for OB type check ups.

I went to the Mercury around the corner from my house for condoms the other day. Usually when I go, the clerk smiles and says hello to me. This time, she didn't even look at me as she rang them up and collected the money. I thought it was kind of funny. It will be interesting to see if she is friendly to me again when I go back for something else.

Jess Bartone

You are probably correct,but isn't it really about time the Roman Catholic religion moved into the 21st century,like some other religions have.

The old indoctrination of keeping people poor so that they can be manipulated by religion,is so outdated and a blight on humanity.

I'll let you guys in on a little secret, if you promise not to dob me in to the Pope ok? Lots of Catholics use these things, get it? Lazydays, we are all indoctrinated in one way or another. Such a huge institution is bound to have bad eggs, and there are plenty of them I assure you, but ultimately, the goal of the Church is for all of us to find righteousness.

Too many Catholics turn the other cheek, as they are told to do, but it cracks me up how very few of their detractors are willing to direct the same abuse at a more deserving bunch, just in case a fatwah is issued against themthumbs_down.gif

Alan S

Post be Tex deleted, as well as the posts that quoted it.

barty

angry.gif ouch, tongue.gif

Alan S

Now I'll tell you a true, and funny, story.

Some years ago a client of mine was planning to set up a factory in the Philippines to make condoms. Whilst most would have been exported, some would go to the aid agencies who would distribute them locally. (It makes little sense to ship latex <which is around 50% water> from SE Asia, to US/Europe, process it, then ship the goods back again.)

It was going to be on the Bataan export processing zone, and I was doing all the leg work, dealing with the various officals, suppliers etc.

On one trip, the directors had flown to Manila from somewhere else, and they wanted some samples taken from the UK so that at the meetings they could show the different types they made.

So, at their request, I collected a couple of thousand from their existing factory, and packed them in my briefcase.

Arriving at NAIA, the guy asked to look in my briefcase, which I opened. He looked, did a rough count, then asked me how long I was staying.

I said, "two weeks".

The look on his face was priceless! Just wish I could have photographed it.