Sign in to follow this  
Jay

Blood urgently needed at Chong Hua

Jay

Karen's best friend Goldie's father is in Chong Hua Hospital with some kind of internal problem; I don't know what exactly but there's internal bleeding. Goldie is looking for blood donors to pay back the blood bank for units her father has received already. Any type will do as it will go into the general blood bank, not into the patient.

You mustn't have any tattoos or piercings, be on no medications, and have had no surgeries for a year. Chong Hua seems to be a lot more careful screening blood donors than Cebu Doc was.

The patient's name is Felipe Gotiong. Just donate in his name. Contact Karen at 09228475182 for more information.

Update: Karen just texted me that the hospital just ran out of B+ and that's what Goldies dad needs: 7 units ASAP.

Edited by Jay

kar wren

Hi all!

My friend's father has been stabilized so far. An improvement from the ER room and transferred to the ICU just recently (Praise God). Blood pressure seemed to rise to normal. However, they badly need blood of his type already (B+) aside from the other blood replacement donation. I am B+,, and had myself screened, but aside from the factors mentioned above by my hubby, you should have no tooth extractions (which i had last June 2009) in the past 12 months,weigh 50 kilos or more, no ear piercings, no tattoos. I hope you could find it in your heart to donate. God bless. :biggrin_01:

PS

They Need B+ Whole Blood to be specific.

Edited by kar wren

Cary

Jay and Karen good luck with your blood drive for your friend's father. I'm glad that he is stable now. If I was there I would donate because I do this all the time at my local Red Cross. Again good luck.

kar wren

=) Prayers count! =) If you like to pray. Thanks kaayu! God bless!

KeithAngel

There will be very few expat donations with those requirements who would qualify ?

Under 50 kilo no piercings or tatoo,s yikes

kar wren

Thanks Moderators and Paul, and whoever did the BIG RED FONT THING on top of the topics.God bless!

thebob

There will be very few expat donations with those requirements who would qualify ?

The post says over 50 kg.

Steve

Thanks Moderators and Paul, and whoever did the BIG RED FONT THING on top of the topics.God bless!

Walang Anuman!

KeithAngel

Your right i misread it in a list of "no,s"

kar wren

Hi guys,

My friend's dad just died at around 5:30ish this afternoon. They may still need the replacement blood (any type would do) for Chong Hua Hospital. Thanks for the thoughts! God bless! :biggrin_01:

makes me think about the kind of death i prefer, either in sleep or a quick one ( if i do get to die before He comes).

Edited by kar wren

Bob Ward

Very sad! Sorry for the loss!!!

kar wren

..Loss is a fact of life. Thanks.

redman69

Well I am sorry for the death. And I am in the states so of no use there.

Yet I see it listed here on the board alot. Just want every one to know I have Hep A and B and tat's. So I do not give blood as it could kill a sick person.

Daisy

Hi guys,

My friend's dad just died at around 5:30ish this afternoon. They may still need the replacement blood (any type would do) for Chong Hua Hospital. Thanks for the thoughts! God bless! :P

makes me think about the kind of death i prefer, either in sleep or a quick one ( if i do get to die before He comes).

Karen, I could send you some card from CCF CDO if you wish! We have lots of it because we do have a precious blood ministry here. How many? I hope your friend's father just return home..! God bless.

Durham

50kg or more mate