Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Dengue Fever Information / Files

fanboat

I just had a quick browse thro the "Dengue Final"download and it backs up what i also learnt.

A couple of years ago i knew a Japanese guy (teacher) who went down with Dengue in Davao,he was critical and approaching the need for a blood transfusion.

Initially diagnosed as Flu,the symptoms are similar.

Once diagnosed as Dengue,a filipino friend took him a drink made from Euphorbia Hirta Linn,known as Tawa-Tawa weed in Phils.

He was told to drink some every couple of hours,within 24 hrs,to the amazement of his doctors he made a full recovery.

After learning of this incident,i did some research on Dengue.What i learnt is also similar to the writers understanding.

Dengue carrying mossies are active in the day time,unlike the malaria carrier that is mostly active at night.

They are most active around dawn and dusk,minus and +1hr,especially after rainfall.

They are low flying,mainly biting feet and ankles.

They can bite through thin cotton socks,(i have personal experience of this) if wearing socks spray some repellant on the socks.

A good repellant is mans best friend against mossies,especially around dawn and dusk.

What does this Tawa-Tawa weed look like?is it also called milk weed?

lazydays

I think many provincial locals will recognise it.

post-6307-127638246458_thumb.jpg

post-6307-127638250646_thumb.jpg

David_LivinginTalisay

I think many provincial locals will recognise it.

Here in the Philippines, many people know and have attested to the fact that they and many others have been cured of dengue via a simple weed. This weed is called Gatas Gatas in the province of Leyte. But in Butuan City they call the same weed Tawa Tawa.

Tawa Tawa Tea

Here in the Philippines, many people know and have attested to the fact that they and many others have been cured of dengue via a simple weed. This weed is called Gatas Gatas in the province of Leyte. But in Butuan City they call the same weed Tawa Tawa.

My aunt Portia Mabaling is the known herbalist in the government office NHA in Quezon City. There are lots of Tawa Tawa weeds growing around the NHA compound. Many NHA employees who have had trouble with dengue fever in their family have gone to Auntie Portia for help with the dengue cure. She picks a bunch of the Tawa Tawa weeds and gives it to the grateful guardians of dengue victims that promptly cures every dengue case.

My auntie Portia’s recipe for curing Dengue Fever using Tawa Tawa weeds is as follows:

• Take 5 to 6 full whole Tawa Tawa plants.
  • Cut off the roots, throw it away, it is not included in the tea.
  • Wash and clean
  • Fill your boiling pot with clean water.
  • Boil the Tawa Tawa for 1 (one) minute in a slow rolling boil.
  • Pour the tawa tawa water and let cool.
  • Let the dengue fever victim drink only the tawa tawa water for 24 hours.
  • Sip 1 to 1.5 glasses of tawa tawa water every 1 hour

The internal hemorrhaging will stop and the dengue fever will be cured after 24 hours.

That’s it. Simple cure. Give it early enough. Tawa Tawa does not interfere with your western medical treatments. You can slip it in through to the patient in a water bottle. You do not need to ask permission from your doctor.

Here is a photo of the Tawa Tawa or some people call Gatas Gatas:

dengue-cure-tawatawa-gatasgatas.jpg

Here is another image from Stuart Exchange for a side view of Tawa Tawa.

gatasgatas.jpg

EUPHORRIA HIRTA is the 'formal name for this Plant

More information about Tawa Tawa / Gatas Gatas / AUTRALIAN ASTHMA WEED, SNAKE WEED / Fei-yang ts’ao at StuartXchangehttp://www.stuartxch...GatasGatas.html

Experts study 'tawa-tawa' plant as cure for dengue

08/02/2010 | 08:26 PM

http://www.gmanews.t...cure-for-dengue

<iframe src="http://www.gmanews.tv/evideo/64174/experts-study-39tawa-tawa39-plant-as-cure-for-denguelinkevideo=http://www.gmanews.tv/evideo/64174/experts-study-39tawa-tawa39-plant-as-cure-for-dengue" frameborder="0" style="width:360px; height:290px; display:block; background: black;" scrolling="no"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.gmanews.tv/">For the latest Philippine news stories and videos, visit GMANews.TV</a>

• Take 5 to 6 full whole Tawa Tawa plants.
  • Cut off the roots, throw it away, it is not included in the tea.
  • Wash and clean
  • Fill your boiling pot with clean water.
  • Boil the Tawa Tawa for 1 (one) minute in a slow rolling boil.
  • Pour the tawa tawa water and let cool.
  • Let the dengue fever victim drink only the tawa tawa water for 24 hours.
  • Sip 1 to 1.5 glasses of tawa tawa water every 1 hour

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
  • Like 1

David_LivinginTalisay

MUST SEE!

Excellent Slide Show, on all aspects of DENGUE FEVER - most COMPREHENSIVE - best I have seen!

DENGUE FEVER

Dengue Fever

"View Dengue Fever on Scribd"

http://www.scribd.com/doc/4732245/Dengue-Fever

<object id="doc_22776340496642" name="doc_22776340496642" height="500" width="100%" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdViewer.swf" style="outline:none;" rel="media:presentation" resource="http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdViewer.swf?document_id=4732245&access_key=key-d7x9uhdwvkqnf3odxjj&page=1&viewMode=list" > <param name="movie" value="http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdViewer.swf"> <param name="wmode" value="opaque"> <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff"> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"> <param name="FlashVars" value="document_id=4732245&access_key=key-d7x9uhdwvkqnf3odxjj&page=1&viewMode=list">

<embed id="doc_22776340496642" name="doc_22776340496642" src="http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdViewer.swf?document_id=4732245&access_key=key-d7x9uhdwvkqnf3odxjj&page=1&viewMode=list" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="500" width="100%" wmode="opaque" bgcolor="#ffffff"></embed> </object>

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

Daisy

I've heard this among some friends that papaya leaves is a very good medicine for dengue. As we are all desperate about its cure so I might as well share this link I've got from my facebook account.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=498073&id=100000222608933&ref=fbx_album

PASS THIS INFORMATION TO AS MANY AS YOU CAN, IT MAY SAVE LIVES.

Dengue Fever Remedy

I would like to share this interesting discovery from a Friend who has just recovered from dengue fever. Apparently, his son was in the critical stage at the ICU when his blood platelet count drops to 15 after 15 liters of blood transfusion.

His father was so worried that he seeks another friend's recommendation and his son was saved. He confessed to me that he gave his son raw juice of the papaya leaves. From a platelet count of 45 after 20 liters of blood transfusion, and after drinking the raw papaya leaf juice, his platelet count jumps instantly to 135. Even the doctors and nurses were surprised. After the second day he was discharged. So pass this good news around.

Accordingly it is raw papaya leaves, 2pcs just cleaned and pound and squeeze with filter cloth. You will only get one tablespoon per leaf.. So two tablespoon per serving once a day. Do not boil or cook or rinse with hot water, it will loose its strength. Only the leafy part and no stem or sap. It is very bitter and you have to swallow it like "Won Low Kat". But it works.

*Papaya Juice - Cure for Dengue*

Amazing but it's true. It's believed one's body would be overheated when one is down with dengue and that also caused the patient to have fever papaya juice has cooling effect. Thus, it helps to reduce the level of heat in one's body, thus the fever will go away. I found that it's also good when one is having sore throat or suffering from heat.

Please spread the news about this as lately there are many dengue cases. It's great if such natural cure could help to ease the sufferings of dengue patients.

Furthermore it's so easily available.

Blend them and squeeze the juice! It's simple and miraculously effective!! ( shared with my friends in Qatar)

broden

at the very worst it papaya leaf juice wouldn't hurt you it seems

so in need, worth a try i would say

Greatyear1966

Years ago, the UN came up with an oral rehydrating solution (ORS) that anybody can make. You don't have to go looking for sports drinks and it is very cheap to make. It consists of one level teaspoon of salt, eight level teaspoons of sugar and one liter of clean water (don't just use tap water unless it has been purified or boiled). Just mix or shake until everything is dissolved and drink. Just drinking water isn't as good because you are losing tons of electrolytes, which the salt makes up for. We think of table salt as sodium chloride, but it is typically a mixture of sodium, magnesium and potassium chlorides (what we think of as electrolytes). Sports drinks are generally made of approximately the same proportions (with a bit of flavoring added in). If you need the extra flavor to drink large quantities of the solution, mix in some koolaid, lemon juice, or tea to the mixture. It won't cause any problems with absorbing the liquid into your body. The solution helps with dengue, cholera, diarrhoea and and other disease that dehydrates the body. Keeping hydrated is only one part in the treatment though. If you start feeling ill in a tropical country, you need to get to a doctor. There are many things that can kill quickly if you delay treatment, and most of us aren't very good at diagnosing ourselves.

Thanks good tip...But would honey be better for the body than using the sugar?scratch_head.gif Please give comments guys...

abw

I thought this was an interesting article about a potential way of combating dengue. It involves the use of a bacterium, common in other insects, inserted into the mosquito, which in turn blocks out and prevents the spread of dengue. Trials of this technique will soon start in Queensland, followed by Vietnam.

Andrew

Mozzies infected in war on dengue

BIOLOGICAL warfare will be unleashed on Queensland's mosquito population within months in a bid to fight dengue fever.

It's part of a world-first $18 million program that experts hope will lead to a more effective brake on the disease.

The Australian researchers leading the international research push will today announce regulatory approval to begin releasing mosquitoes infected with bacteria they hope will stop dengue in its tracks.

The trial received $14m of its funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and if successful could have a huge impact in reducing the worldwide toll of dengue, which infects between 50 million and 100 million people annually.

The disease, which can be fatal in severe cases, has no vaccines or treatments and is currently causing concern for athletes travelling to the Commonwealth Games in Delhi, which is experiencing an outbreak with more than 3000 recent cases.

The bacterium, called wolbachia, does not harm the mosquitoes once it infects them, but once inside the insects displaces the dengue virus and prevents it from multiplying.

The only way wolbachia can be passed from mosquito to mosquito is through the generations, in infected eggs, and the researchers hope it will gradually spread through the wild mosquito population.

If a wolbachia-infected male mosquito mates with an uninfected female, her eggs will fail to hatch, whereas the eggs from two infected parents will grow normally.

Project leader Scott O'Neill, professor of biology at the University of Queensland, said the environmental risk of releasing the bacteria-infected insects had been assessed by both the CSIRO and the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority as "negligible".

The clearance means the releases can go ahead from January.

Professor O'Neill said wolbachia was thought to be already present in up to 70 per cent of insects, although not in the Aedes aegypti species of mosquito responsible for spreading dengue.

The bacteria could not live in humans and could not infect them or other animals mosquitoes feed on, because they are too large to travel down the insects' salivary ducts, Professor O'Neill said.

Extensive studies of people bitten repeatedly by other species of mosquito that did carry the bacteria had failed to find any ill-effects, he said.

"With all of that, we are very confident that it poses no risk to human safety or the environment," he said.

"In the laboratory it's working beautifully, but it's very hard to predict from that how it's going to perform in the field. We are quietly confident, but we really need to do these tests before we can confidently say it's going to work."

rainymike

Dengue is definitely something we all need to be aware about. Lesser known (at least I was ignorant about it) is Japanese encephalitis which is also transmitted by mosquito and found in the Philippines. Learned about it on a recent trip to Hong Kong which had a lot of public health signs warning the public about dengue and the Japanese encephalitis.

USMC-Retired

I had it here and it suxs. Your head feels like its going to explode. Then your burning so hot you shiver. After that happens and you think it is over. Your feet and hands start to feel like you dipped them in acid and burn for a day. It comes in waves so you can feel good one hour and like a truck hit you the next. This lasted for 4 days. In that time I drank at least 20 liters of water. My wife force fed me water almost every single hour.

All in all I thought I was going to die.

Edited by Norseman