garlic

oil

vinegar

salt

boil water in the pot, put fish and garlic

put vinegar, oil and salt

Edited by cebuanaako

Paksiw outside Cebu. Only lechon paksiw here! LOL

Really my favorite food.....don't know why but it is!

For me I put eggplant, okra and camote tops on top, it's yummy to me but yucky to Alan but can't help it....I love inun unan!

not exacly my favourite but i love em......... as well as paksiw....... pity cant get lechon here......

but its the first time i heard of adding camote in inun unan dish...... im not sure i would like that as camote is sweet, i would have thought potato would be better. anyway, ill try it sometime...... another thing, i wish i know how to reduce the gravy in inun unan as mine usually is floating in gravy..... just want it like they do it in PI - little gravy left and sometimes taste spicy....... hmmmm.... it making me feel hungry now.....tongue.gif

not exacly my favourite but i love em......... as well as paksiw....... pity cant get lechon here......

but its the first time i heard of adding camote in inun unan dish...... im not sure i would like that as camote is sweet, i would have thought potato would be better. anyway, ill try it sometime...... another thing, i wish i know how to reduce the gravy in inun unan as mine usually is floating in gravy..... just want it like they do it in PI - little gravy left and sometimes taste spicy....... hmmmm.... it making me feel hungry now.....tongue.gif

Ging, dahon sa kamote oi...! LOL

Miss yah!

dahon sa kamote oi...! LOL

Miss yah!

oh right......... sorry, but i dont know that either - wonder whats equivalent here or if i can find camote leaves in the chinise shop.... will have a look.... TA

AngelofBroden

Really my favorite food.....don't know why but it is!

For me I put eggplant, okra and camote tops on top, it's yummy to me but yucky to Alan but can't help it....I love inun unan!

I'm with Daisy on this. I always have kabuhi whenever I eat fish (sad and surprising since I am from Pasil but true), but inun-unan is still my favorite fish dish! I like it with eggplant as well, but have never quite tried it with camote tops..

When we have fish it's usually either tinolang isda or just pan-fried. We may have to give this a try. It sounds like adobo without the soy sauce and bay leaves.

• 5 months later...
OFW Filipina

Ging, dahon sa kamote oi...! LOL

Miss yah!

And try to add little bit silver swan soy souce...

Mang Kanor

When we have fish it's usually either tinolang isda or just pan-fried. We may have to give this a try. It sounds like adobo without the soy sauce and bay leaves.

good luck to you...

though it taste okay but the smell is stoo stinky for my nose and when you burp it still there for a day... thats how strong this dish is.

i like dried fish and the tinabal though..

mahogany

I was tortured for many months with the heavy smell of fish and hot vinegar permeating our bedroom from the kitchen downstairs as the maid prepared inun unan for her breakfast: it's really not my cup of tea. Anyway, the maid did not last long...

Athena

i like dried fish and the tinabal though..

hmmmm ......... tinabal, now thats one of my favourites ........ with lots of tomatoes on it. my mother alway have tinabal on the ready when come to visit.

too bad my HB.........

I was tortured for many months with the heavy smell of fish and hot vinegar permeating our bedroom from the kitchen downstairs as the maid prepared inun unan for her breakfast: it's really not my cup of tea. Anyway, the maid did not last long...

biggrin_01.gifbiggrin_01.gifbiggrin_01.gif

the boys also complained if i cooked inun unan ....... the husband cant stand the smell of the cooking venigar and strong garlic smell. ill need to have the garden door open and the exhaust fan on and the kitchen door closed - fingers crossed the smell wont waft thru the house.... (never mine the neighbours rolleyes.giftongue.gif )