Anyone been to Hong Kong recently?

Paul...let me find a big enough box and I'll TNT Express you to Hong Kong. My company gets a great discount! thumbsup.gif

'BigRob looks in the back to see if he can find the box his refrigerator came in.'

LOL. Bitch.

-------------------------

Does anyone else have any further airline ticketing advice from Cebu to Hong Kong? That is basically what I was asking for here.

Thanks,

Paul,I am sure you searched Cebu Pacific already for October,I just looked and Go Fares each way were 4599P each way.Under a hundred bucks each way,Not Bad.

Sorry that was from Manila.

Interesting,its a lower price from Cebu to Hong Kong.Cebu Pacific Go Fares for October,lowest from cebu to hong kong-3499P each way.

David_LivinginTalisay

Does anyone else have any further airline ticketing advice from Cebu to Hong Kong? That is basically what I was asking for here.

Thanks,

The advice is Paul, to sign up for CebuPacific Newsletters, and learn of these 'Promo' Offers with enough notice and fore planning to book on-line and grab such Promo Rates whilst they exist.

You cant beat Cebu Pacific's 'Go Lite' PHP 1 seat sale to all international and domestic destinations.

OK so you needed to grab the following 'Promo' by Booking before November 22 for flights June 15 - Sep 30, 2010

But if you knew back in October/November last year, that you wanted to get to, Hong Kong say, in Jul/Aug/Sep 2010, then it was a fantastic deal.

HKD2.gif

P1 More Chance! Grab the PISO Fare while you can!

More than 50,000 seats up for grabs

Asia's third-largest low-cost carrier Cebu Pacific brings back the 'Go Lite' PHP 1 seat sale to all international and domestic destinations starting now until November 22, 2009 only, or until more than 50,000 seats have been sold out. Travel period is June 15-September 30, 2010.

32 domestic destinations are up for grabs through this website promo, including Cebu-Siargao, Cebu-Ozamiz, Cebu-Clark, Manila-San Jose, and Manila-Kalibo (Boracay).

We're offering the lowest fare alternative for international flights with our PHP 1 sale, including flights to Taipei, Kota Kinabalu, Pusan (Korea), Osaka and Jakarta.

Passengers with check-in luggage will just add PHP 100 upon booking. The PHP 1 is exclusive of government taxes and administration fees.

Hurry, this is your last chance! Grab the PISO Fare while you can! This promotion is only available via www.cebupacificair.com.

CEB sparks summer travel rush with international seat sale as low as P999

Offers Osaka seats for P1,999

The Philippines' leading flag carrier Cebu Pacific (CEB) encourages passengers to beat the summer heat with an international seat sale as low as P999 from January 16-18, 2010 for travel this April 1-June 30, 2010.

Passengers can avail of P999 'Go Lite' seats from Manila to Kota Kinabalu and Taipei, and from Clark to Bangkok, Hong Kong, Macau and Singapore.

For those going to Bangkok, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh, Kuala Lumpur, Macau or Singapore from Manila, the 'Go Lite' seat sale fare is only P1,499. The same goes for Cebu flights to Hong Kong or Singapore.

Meanwhile, for the 'Go Lite' seat sale of P1,999, passengers can travel from Manila to Incheon, Jakarta or Shanghai, and from Cebu to Busan or Incheon. Those with check-in luggage will just add P100 upon booking.

Osaka seats are also up for grabs at the 'Go' fare of P1,999.

To receive News alerts such as these, go here

http://www.cebupacif...mms/signup.html

help_header1.jpg

Low Fares alert!

Be the first to know about the latest Cebu Pacific promos.

Fields marked with asterisk (*) are required.

I expect you would have already signed up for such Cebu Pacific NEWS, Paul, and just left it too late to get these great Promos.

So perhaps you are just asking if anything other than Cebu Pacific Promo, paid in advance.

What I like about Cebu Pacific, is their approach to save the passengers money on the cost of flying. They don't have a City Airport Check-in @ Hong Kong to save costs, but you cant pay extra to avil of such either - they don't have a City Check in Desk anymore. I also like the fact that they offer Return flights that are 2 x Single. This means you can pick a 'Promo' at lowest cost, where you know exactly when you will be flying, since such 'fares' have restrictions on not being able to cancel for refund, nor change the flight, without charges. If you are not sure exactly when you will be returning, you can book a different class of Tickets for that 'leg', that allows changes to the booking.

If you want to eat on board, then you pay extra.

Ryan Air was considering charging those who wanted to use the Toilet on-board! Perhaps that is taking cost savings to far but would work for short Domestic Routes, but more diificult on International Routes, such as say a flight to Hong Kong?

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

Ryan Air was considering charging those who wanted to use the Toilet on-board! Perhaps that is taking cost savings to far but would work for short Domestic Routes, but more diificult on International Routes, such as say a flight to Hong Kong?

It might be a concern if Ryan Air flew to Hong Kong. But they don't, so the point is moot.

how is the prices of computer components in HK compared to Cebu ?

My Pc may need some upgrading in 6-8 months :littleangel: by then I hope to well settled on Cebu Island

Oh maybe some1 have a link to a Pc parts outlett in HK

Edited by Runian
happyvalleyjoe

Paul,

I'm impressed you're planning now for a trip next October. Mr. Plan-Ahead!

I took my gf Honey Mae to Hong Kong this past September. Here's my experience:

TICKETS

I bought two round-trip tickets on Cebu Pacific, CEBU > HKG > MNL > CEBU

Ticket cost total P17,112 = $370 US.

As others have pointed out, there are buy-ahead-promos, but I'd guess there is a 90% chance you can get a reasonable deal like mine if you buy just a week before your trip.

LODGING

I gave my gf a choice: Did she wanna stay in a "nice" hotel and have a tiny shopping budget, or stay in a "kuripot" place and have a big shopping budget? In the twinkle of an eye, she chose door #2.

So,

Chungking Mansions! (I'm 100% with Balay on this one.) I've been sacking out there since my first visit to Hong Kong in 1974. Yes it's dirty, and a firetrap, and there are some unsavory characters hanging about, but its also very safe and a classic Hong Kong experience.

We stayed at Travellers Hostel, A Block, 16th Floor, TEL. +852 2368-7710

You can reserve over the phone without deposit.

We got an aircon room with private CR for 150 HKD ($19 USD.) Highly recomended.

ENTERTAINMENT

There are countless opportunities for entertainment and fun in HKG. Here are the ones Honey Mae enjoyed the most:

Peak Tram (Hong Kong Island)

MTR (Mass Transit Railway)

Stanley Market (budget shopping)

Mongkok ladies market (budget shopping)

World Wide House (Filipino shops and carenderias on Hong Kong Island)

and, last but not least,

Jolibee Hong Kong (next to Wide World House on Hong Kong Island)

David_LivinginTalisay

It might be a concern if Ryan Air flew to Hong Kong. But they don't, so the point is moot.

I quoted Ryan Air, as taking Budget costs to the extreme, by having passengers pay for the Loo on board.

I was considering 'What If' Cebu Pacific started considering such cost savings also.

I could see that might be OK for flight Cebu-Manilla, but not sure if it practical for Cebu-Hong Kong flights or longer routes?

Perhaps they would make money from those who don't have strong enough bladder, bowels to go 3+ hours?

No way I could last for flights from Hong Kong to UK, without going to the CR on board (over 12 hours). Expect it will cost more than a 'penny' (Ryan Air was talking

Cathay Pacific airlines usually have a promo during summer time.it cost us last summer $400 per person 3days 2nights,includes airport transfer,hotel accomodations,bus from airport to disney & vice versa w/disneyland ticket good for 2days inclusive of any rides. Cathay pacific also offers 3+1.check it guys this summer.

I quoted Ryan Air, as taking Budget costs to the extreme, by having passengers pay for the Loo on board.

I was considering 'What If' Cebu Pacific started considering such cost savings also.

I could see that might be OK for flight Cebu-Manilla, but not sure if it practical for Cebu-Hong Kong flights or longer routes?

Perhaps they would make money from those who don't have strong enough bladder, bowels to go 3+ hours?

No way I could last for flights from Hong Kong to UK, without going to the CR on board (over 12 hours). Expect it will cost more than a 'penny' (Ryan Air was talking

David_LivinginTalisay

emms_header.jpglatestsale_head.gifrytbar_corners.giflatestsale_head2.gifGet your free domestic connection in our Hong Kong and Singapore Seat Sale

Other Asian destinations for as low as P999!

Great news for passengers in select Visayas and Mindanao destinations, here's your chance to go to Hong Kong and Singapore (via Cebu) for the