Sign in to follow this  
kanoboy

Protection..

Mailman

LOL Nice, broden!

Cipro
So you typically walk around with a gun, switchblade and brass knuckles.

I used to always legally carry at least one gun at all times. Now that I live in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia I have to probably hire a lawyer to successfully get a permit again.

Mailman

I used to always legally carry at least one gun at all times. Now that I live in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia I have to probably hire a lawyer to successfully get a permit again.

Yeah, it's a bit weird on how many restrictions are implemented in a so-called 'open carry' state. The silliest being that you cannot carry loaded. Seems that a good number of police like to harass open carriers to discourage the legal practice of doing so.

I prefer Arizona... it's perfectly okay to carry 'locked and cocked'. :o

HHammer
I'll be taking my laptop, playstation3, etc. I'd definitely be willing to lay my life down for those things, but I think I'm gona leave the gun alone.. I know it'll be too much of a burden for my short stay there. So maybe a machete?

My good man, did you really say you'd be willing to lay down your life for a laptop, a playstation3, etc? Incredible!

I'd be willing to lay down the crooks life. Those guys really jack my jaws. If I ever got the drop on one he cannot expect any mercy from me.

The pen is mightier then the sword...........

Especially if you jam it between the third and forth rib.

I usually go for the thorax or eyes...... nothing beats my trusty stainless Parker Pen.......

Jess Bartone

I just tell 'em a story from my vast plethorarolleyes.gif of experiences. After they fall asleep, I disappear into the night.

crack-up.gif

redman69

I sent something to my brother in-law in a Forex box 15 years ago with amo of course. I would only carry when with my children. I can not bear the thought of the NPA getting one of them. And would rather end it right then and there.

Besides them I would only carry a knife that would be dual purpose like a swiz army with can opener and other good stuff.

I would not carry in the city. Only out visiting some inlaws in Bukinnon and other places like that. Where they rob the whole bus and shot the soldiers and stuff.

Edited upon the good advice of mailman

Edited by redman69

Mailman

I don't think a public forum that is read by various government officials is the place for admitting to smuggling a firearm into the country.

Of course, I am sure that I am extremely tired and just read that completely wrong. :rolleyes:

ChrisCHI

Another thing about carrying a weapon that has not already been stated enough, you will be a target because of it. And because you as a foreigner with a weapon. You will be the one that will detained more than a local. Final word, if you really feel the need to arm yourself, really do a reality check because the RP is just like anywhere else in the world. You have good and bad people. You have good and bad areas. You just need to use common sense and be a good neighbor to get along.

this is so true...when i was first in the phils i was a little worried....but after my first time there i realized your lady will watch out for you.....

other than that its common sense....way better to be humble then to get into a mess

DeezNuz

PROTECTION?

No problem...I got one in my wallet, and always keep two in my car in case of emergencies.

My preference is Trojan, but is hard to come by here in Cebu. Although, I found Kama Sutra (the glow-n-the-dark ones) to fit snuggly.

HHammer

Kanoboy, to save you all the hassles and potential trouble of been armed and caught with it ( hence current carry ban in the Philippines ) i will gladly rent you one of my people for 4000 php a day.... plus expenses.....

smokey

Kanoboy, to save you all the hassles and potential trouble of been armed and caught with it ( hence current carry ban in the Philippines ) i will gladly rent you one of my people for 4000 php a day.... plus expenses.....

one of your people??? do they do windows?

Jess Bartone

i will gladly rent you one of my people for 4000 php a day.... plus expenses.....

Have your people call my people and we'll do lunch.

broden
a-lawn.jpg

Jess Bartone

How many thousand rounds a minute for all 3?

I was amazed to learn that the modern mechanism for them is virtually exactly the same as the original Gatling gun, with modern steel, tolerances and manufacturing methods. I want one for Christmas.

sam12six

I was amazed to learn that the modern mechanism for them is virtually exactly the same as the original Gatling gun, with modern steel, tolerances and manufacturing methods. I want one for Christmas.

Damn Jesse, you must be a rich man. I can't even afford to shoot my .460 for fun and its max rate of fire is about 1 shot every couple of seconds.

Be careful or you'll end up like the cowboys in movies - they learned how cool and fun it is to ride through town shooting up into the air but only realized once they had become addicted that such an expensive hobby would force them into the seedy underworld of bank robbery. :thumbs_down:

lazydays

one of your people??? do they do windows?

thats-funny.gifrofl.gif

lazydays

4k a day+ kidding.gifdreams.gif

Arkanmo

"Just being with your girl minimises any potential threat towards you"

And if your girl happens to be a psychiatrist that might help also.

tom_shor

In the US the old style hand cranked ones are legal. (They are not automatic weapons because they are hand cranked) I think I'll buy me 800rpm of sustained fire for home defense. Take that ATF :thumbs_down:

Bukwali

Or you could buy one of these from Cebu classified, Ideal for home protection and Jeepney moments.

http://www.cebuclassifieds.com/detail.php?id=107778

107778_2008121823.jpg

Edited by Bukwali

Jess Bartone

Damn Jesse, you must be a rich man. I can't even afford to shoot my .460 for fun and its max rate of fire is about 1 shot every couple of seconds.

Be careful or you'll end up like the cowboys in movies - they learned how cool and fun it is to ride through town shooting up into the air but only realized once they had become addicted that such an expensive hobby would force them into the seedy underworld of bank robbery. :thumbs_down:

Yeah imagine hand loading them allsurrender.gif

By the way, is that a .460 Weatherby magnum? You just about need a dump truck to fill them with powder. I heard about a Ruger No 1 falling block action (with the Henry fore end) chambered for .460 W'by. I never saw it "in the flesh" so to speak, but I heard it had a trapdoor at the bottom of the pistol grip to store a spare cartridge, and no muzzle brake. I would love to try one out on the feral buffaloes we have running round up north, or, say, a dozen home invaders lined up to bust in.

broden

Or you could buy one of these from Cebu classified, Ideal for home protection and Jeepney moments.

http://www.cebuclassifieds.com/detail.php?id=107778

107778_2008121823.jpg

man if i was over there i would be first in line to be taking a look see at that baby

sam12six

Yeah imagine hand loading them allsurrender.gif

By the way, is that a .460 Weatherby magnum? You just about need a dump truck to fill them with powder. I heard about a Ruger No 1 falling block action (with the Henry fore end) chambered for .460 W'by. I never saw it "in the flesh" so to speak, but I heard it had a trapdoor at the bottom of the pistol grip to store a spare cartridge, and no muzzle brake. I would love to try one out on the feral buffaloes we have running round up north, or, say, a dozen home invaders lined up to bust in.

It's a Weatherby. It was one of those "get all A's for 2 years and I'll buy you the gun of your choice" deals from my mom when I was 9 years old.

After accomplishing the deed, we headed down to the local gun shop where the guy obviously saw us coming. I was ignorant about guns (I could shoot great and knew about safety, but didn't actually have any book learnin' as we call it around here).

I told the guy that I wanted the baddest deer rifle he had because I planned to be a deer hunter when I was older. He pulled out the .460.

My mother, who knew less about guns than I did (to the point that the $2000 price tag didn't seem crazy to her) said OK and I had a Weatherby. Then I discovered that it would cost my entire weekly allowance to shoot it 7 times.

By the time I was old enough to drive I was burned out on hunting and I literally haven't fired it in 15 years (I dread to think what ammo for it costs now), but hey, if a rift in time opens and I need to start hunting dinosaurs, it's there...

Jess Bartone

It's a Weatherby. It was one of those "get all A's for 2 years and I'll buy you the gun of your choice" deals from my mom when I was 9 years old.

steve.gifYou fired a .460 Wetherby at age nine??? You have my eternal respect Sam. I believe there are two bullet weights, 350 grain and 500 grain... they're both quite a lump of lead. I've never fired one, but I have fired a .458 Winchester, and they kick almost as much as pulling both triggers on a side by side shotgun. The Wetherby does have a muzzle brake, but I imagine it still has a mighty kick... "kills at both ends" kind of thing.

Spent many happy hours reloading as a youngster, quite a variety too. My best mate had a .300 Wetherby magnum, and a .224 Wetherby magnum high speed varminter (although they're not as fast as a .220 Swift). I had a custom Mauser action .270, a .22 Hornet in a Ruger #3, and a Winchester 30/30. We both had Ruger Super Blackhawk single action .44 magnums and Remington 870 12-Guage pump actions, mine a 20" rifle sight "Deer gun".

Edited by JesseB

sam12six

You fired a .460 Wetherby at age nine???

Hey, the first real gun I ever fired was when I was 5. That was my grandfather's old black powder 8 gauge - knocked me on my ass every time I pulled the trigger.

For a long time I just thought that was a normal part of hunting. :P