Suspected American pedophiles nabbed in Cagayan de Oro

JamesMusslewhite

ashlogcreek

I understand and agree with your point. I'm just saying that it's VERY easy to set up a scam. Trust me, it's easy for the police to go "by the book", especially when they are writing the book as they go by it.

I'm not saying that's this is the only country that does this, It's just much easier here, and probably depends on the area you are in, and your basic intentions. If you are looking ONLY for sex, SOMEONE will provide it.

My basic point is, if someone is providing sex, whether free OR for money, they SHOULD be held accountable for their actions.

There's no difference between the man paying for the sex, and the person PROVIDING the sex. The old verbage "JUST SAY NO" is applicable here.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesMusslewhite

• lazydays

• Jess Bartone

• Cary

.... The Philippines has long been regarded as a paradise for paedophiles. ....

They are not really pedophiles, ....

1234097249734.jpg

smokey

if its true these two perverts will have lots of trouble... but lets be realistic this is the land of double talk.. as for the 69 year old i would say what is the difference between the 69 year old who has sex with a 18 year old and one that has sex with a 17 year old... well in one case he is a loving husband and boy friend and the other his is a pervert.. hummmmmm There was a case in angeles city one time where a foreigner was arrested for sex with a minor but it was thrown out of court... because the 16 year old minor was in reality 19 and was using her sisters id... wonder why..

My first trip to phil, i committed to not being with anyone younger than 18. I have read so many stories since then, that I changed the youngest age I mess with to 22, and am considering going higher. The older women are more fun anyway in my view.

RogerDuMond

PHILIPPINES LAWS: 1. Has no sodomy laws, the age of sexual consent is 12 for all, but contacts with minors (under 18) are an offense, if the minor consents to the act for money, gain or any other remuneration or as the result of an influence of any adult person.

http://www.chanrobles.com/republicactno8353.htm

There is an attempt in Congress to change this age to 16 with HB683 Child Anti-exploitation Act, but it is not receiving full support.

There is an international law that makes it an offence to have sex with someone under 18, even when the country where it happens allows sex at a younger age.

It is that law, to which the US/UK/Oz and many other countries are signatories, that permits them to have laws of their own to allow prosecution of mtheir citizens for an offence that happens elsewhere.

So, basically, 18 is the "magic" age if you are a foreigner.

The two things that I dislike, and specifically relating to the PHilippines, are, (1)the difficulty of establishing age (even the authorites arent always able to do so) which allows some scams to take place, and (2) the lack of action against the many Filipino offenders or when there is action, the differene in treatment to the offenders.

Now, that is NOT saying that it is right, just that the law (and punishment) should apply to all.

There is an international law that makes it an offence to have sex with someone under 18, even when the country where it happens allows sex at a younger age.

It is that law, to which the US/UK/Oz and many other countries are signatories, that permits them to have laws of their own to allow prosecution of mtheir citizens for an offence that happens elsewhere.

This is the sort of law that pisses me off (and please, nobody misinterpret my position as "I really wish we could have sex with kids").

If you remember when Clinton was president, there was a big stink about a kid getting caned (in Singapore I think) for vandalizing cars. People in the US felt it was a barbaric punishment and wanted the kid let off. The whole thing ended up being one of those "You're in a foreign country with foreign laws and consequences. Deal with it." situations.

Now, if you're subject to the laws of the country you're in, this supercedes the law of the country you're from. Basically I'm saying a country shouldn't be able to extend its jurisdiction into another country when the laws conflict or differ.

JamesMusslewhite

PHILIPPINES LAWS: 1. Has no sodomy laws, the age of sexual consent is 12 for all, but contacts with minors (under 18) are an offence, if the minor consents to the act for money, gain or any other remuneration or as the result of an influence of any adult person.

Silly question, if this be true. Why then are these two gentlemen presently in jail, she was 15 and the other was 17? So they broke no law? Curious.

This is the sort of law that pisses me off (and please, nobody misinterpret my position as "I really wish we could have sex with kids").

If you remember when Clinton was president, there was a big stink about a kid getting caned (in Singapore I think) for vandalizing cars. People in the US felt it was a barbaric punishment and wanted the kid let off. The whole thing ended up being one of those "You're in a foreign country with foreign laws and consequences. Deal with it." situations.

As an aside, the cars he damaged actually belonged to some members of Singapore's judiciary. Bad choice.... but I'd hazard a guess he no longer vandalizes cars though.

What if caning was a penalty for scumbags that bonk young kids...?

Edited by Admin
Fixed quotes - Paul
lazydays

Now, if you're subject to the laws of the country you're in, this supercedes the law of the country you're from. Basically I'm saying a country shouldn't be able to extend its jurisdiction into another country when the laws conflict or differ.

And so it should be,its like "When in Rome,do as the Romans do".

On a side note,you can still get caned in Singapore for overstaying your Visa. steve.gifoldtimer.gif

RogerDuMond

There is an international law that makes it an offense to have sex with someone under 18, even when the country where it happens allows sex at a younger age.

It is that law, to which the US/UK/Oz and many other countries are signatories, that permits them to have laws of their own to allow prosecution of mtheir citizens for an offense that happens elsewhere.

Alan, there is an international treaty that addresses sexual tourism that suggests that all signatory countries produce such laws. The US law based on this treaty states that it is illegal for a US citizen or permanent resident to engage in a commercial sex act with a person under the age of 18 or any sexual contact with a person under the age of 16 regardless of consent. This law covers US citizens traveling abroad and also covers any person of any country who sets up a liaison of this sort. The penalty is imprisonment up to 30 years. Reasonable belief that the person was at least 18 is an affirmative defense.

smokey

well today in the Freeman there is a guy arrested for having sex with a 4 year old and suspected of doing the same with his own daughter also 4 but he has already made bail .. this story was only worth a 100 words of so in the paper on a back page... hummmmmmmm enforce the laws but lets make the same laws apply to everyone..

JamesMusslewhite

It seems whenever some filthy old foreigner (or in this case 2 of the mongrels) gets sprung with an underage girl there are guys on this board making excuses and dreaming up conspiracy theories in their defence. The Philippines has long been regarded as a paradise for paedophiles. Why is it such a surprise when some get caught ? I miss USMC Retired on these threads as he is also a hard liner with kiddy fiddlers like all family men should be.

I fully understand and agree with what you are saying. The truth is these men are old enough to be acting their age, and conducting themselves as responsible adults.

If they fail to do so and rather chose to do wrong, then they need to bend over grab their angles and enjoy their just deserts. :evan_iliadis:

goggleye

when i am in the phils i feel like am a guest there. I am not a citizen. As a guest i will respect the laws and customs of my host. If these old guys knew she was 15 they deserve the full weight of the law, the people of the Philippines and their children deserve our respect. My feelings about the age of consent has no impact on whether the law is the law or not. If we choose to come to the Philippines we have to expect to obey laws - if we dont like the laws stay at home. Dont make the rest of us look bad.