Suspected American pedophiles nabbed in Cagayan de Oro

JamesMusslewhite

overthere-really

Forget 20 years. If they're found guilty, any sentence for these guys in a Philippine prison is a one way ticket.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamesMusslewhite

• lazydays

• Jess Bartone

• ashlogcreek

lazydays

They can now look forward to a retirement in the Manila "Hilton".sad.gif

Headshot

The term "pedophile" is way overused. Yes, it looks like these guys broke the law by having sex with underage girls (15 and 17), and will probably spend the rest of their lives in a Philippine prison, but pedophilia is sex with prepubescent children. I'm guessing that these girls are NOT prepubescent. It was not very many years ago that the legal age of consent in most states in the US was 16. Some states held that 14 was the age of consent. Sex with a minor has always been illegal, but it is only recently that the age was set at 18 for Americans (no matter what country they are in). So, call it sex with minors (which is an arbitrary age set by the government), but it isn't pedophilia. Just so nobody misunderstands me, I am in no way condoning what they did. They broke the law and they will probably pay for it.

Edited by Headshot
ashlogcreek

I agree they should both go to jail. But it will be interesting to see if they get a reduced sentence, after paying lots of money to the kids parents. If this happens you can be pretty sure it was a setup, which happens sometimes here.

Don't always assume that the police report is correct, BUT if it is, they should hang them.

I have a friend who once dated a girl, who had an ID saying she was 22, and it turned out she was 17. He didn't get into trouble because at his hotel the security guard had to check ALL IDs, and it was found to be false. But this could have been a problem if he had gotten her to his room.

The best rule is, IF she looks too young, she probably IS. Why take a chance?

The term "pedophile" is way overused. Yes, it looks like these guys broke the law by having sex with underage girls (15 and 17), and will probably spend the rest of their lives in a Philippine prison, but pedophilia is sex with prepubescent children. I'm guessing that these girls are NOT prepubescent. It was not very many years ago that the legal age of consent in most states in the US was 16. Some states held that 14 was the age of consent. Sex with a minor has always been illegal, but it is only recently that the age was set at 18 for Americans (no matter what country they are in). So, call it sex with minors (which is an arbitrary age set by the government), but it isn't pedophilia. Just so nobody misunderstands me, I am in no way condoning what they did. They broke the law and they will probably pay for it.

You make a very good point. I wish more people would understand that until a hundred years ago, virtually every society in history has recognized age of majority somewhere between 13 and 15. This is because that's the age when a normal human becomes an adult (biologically speaking). There's a vast difference between someone who is attracted to a young adult and a child.

That said, assuming the facts of the story are accurate, IMO these guys actually are pedophiles. Because:

Another thing, why are those two old buzzards going after teenagers? There are plenty of 20's around, just as cute and very legal.

Again, assuming the article is accurate, if these guys are targeting girls who are a couple of years younger than legal, my guess would be that it's because these are the youngest girls they feel like they can approach and is as close as they can get to what they really want.

Normally I'm the guy here saying, "Hold on, all we have is someone who was in a room with a girl doing nothing to her when he was arrested.".

In this case, if the guys were actually under investigation, had shown a pattern, and taped their activities for posterity (and prosecution), they're both guilty and stupid.

My girlfriend is 23 now but when I was there last year with her I felt a little stupid as she looks quite young and is only 5" + something while I'm nearly 6 ft. We did get a few people staring with raised eyebrowsrofl.gif

What's with all the elderly gentlemen tag-teaming Filipina minors lately?

eggnoggin
:drink: har har ...co inky dink lee the girl said these guys burned her a year ago ...and the cops say theyve been watching these guys for a year...found some pics of girls and a movie :( ...its more likely these two alzheimered out old geezers were having sex with one another..got confused ..and thought they were in kindergarden playing doctor with this chick who is almost certainly working for and supplied by the cops and assorted crumbs no better than pedophiles themselves ...many of these old guys have been here for years..dont spend much ..prbly get a couple grand a month...have a little s..hole somewhere...maybe spend 500 a month...18 grand times 7 or 8 years ....144000 times 2....288000 plus maybe one has a home in the states say at least 70000...already at 358000..plus pensions while in jail if they live 5 years..another 240000 or so.... were close to 600 grand...insurance at least 80000 combined closing in on 700 grand...the only apparent glaring foible exhibited by these scamming monsters is going for the insurance before it lapses back to the minimum at 72 for many pensioners...these old guys make great victims and are easily beaten and intimidated into signing over the works in short order...pretty good paycheck for a bunch of morons with 88 eye cues :):(:steve::drink: Edited by eggnoggin

Old guys don't live long in a filthy crowded cell. A prison sentence can be a slow death sentence, and perhaps just wages for a serial predator.

Edited by M.Morey
ashlogcreek

Here is a comment from one of the bloggers replying to the news service article:::

Thank you God for more arrest of these pedophile Americans. It is about time that these perpetrators for young and innocent filipina are put to jail and I hope they will go rotten in jail. There should be no bail out allowed for these sex maniac. All the women in the Philippines, must report or please continue to report any anomalies of European and American podophiles.

This is what Philippine news is all about. Also it's an election year. The police are showing that they are protecting the innocent people here.

I guess the blogger didn't read that the 17 year old AGREED to the marriage proposal and the 16,000 peso for sex payment???

She only reported it to the police because he DIDN'T pay her. Otherwise everything would have been fine, because the police SUPPOSEDLY only followed the men due to her accusation.

Either way IF the men are guilty, they should go to jail, also the 17 year old should go to jail for accepting the man's proposition. She already admitted to HER guilt.

Edited by ashlogcreek

AGREED.

Again to Sam's point these two have not been proven guilty yet, but assuming everything stated is true they both should get a prison funeral. As for the 17 year old girl, I don't care that she is not 18, she agreed and should get some type of punishment. And finally to the blogger, sex perverts are not only American or European, they happen to be of every race including Filipino.

Here is a comment from one of the bloggers replying to the news service article:::

Thank you God for more arrest of these pedophile Americans. It is about time that these perpetrators for young and innocent filipina are put to jail and I hope they will go rotten in jail. There should be no bail out allowed for these sex maniac. All the women in the Philippines, must report or please continue to report any anomalies of European and American podophiles.

This is what Philippine news is all about. Also it's an election year. The police are showing that they are protecting the innocent people here.

I guess the blogger didn't read that the 17 year old AGREED to the marriage proposal and the 16,000 peso for sex payment???

She only reported it to the police because he DIDN'T pay her. Otherwise everything would have been fine, because the police SUPPOSEDLY only followed the men due to her accusation.

Either way IF the men are guilty, they should go to jail, also the 17 year old should go to jail for accepting the man's proposition. She already admitted to HER guilt.

As for the 17 year old girl, I don't care that she is not 18, she agreed and should get some type of punishment.

Good luck with that.

Even in the States, minors are not held accountable for agreeing to anything an adult requests in trade for a little lovin'.

My girlfriend is 23 now but when I was there last year with her I felt a little stupid as she looks quite young and is only 5" + something while I'm nearly 6 ft. We did get a few people staring with raised eyebrowsrofl.gif

I would be staring at you too if you were with a 5 inch filipina...you being 6ft and all!

Edited by samatm

AGREED.

Again to Sam's point these two have not been proven guilty yet, but assuming everything stated is true they both should get a prison funeral. As for the 17 year old girl, I don't care that she is not 18, she agreed and should get some type of punishment. And finally to the blogger, sex perverts are not only American or European, they happen to be of every race including Filipino.

I agree these two assholes should be locked up with some unsympathetic cellmates.

A 17 year old girl shouldn't be held accountable. She is a minor and it is the disgusting sex tourist or sexpat whio is responsible for his own actions in making sure his actions are lawful.

Jess Bartone

Barty were you speaking metaphorically? because raised eyebrows is actually a greeting.