New policy regarding late visa renwals

I got deported from somewhere once for overstaying, in most places it's regarded as being a pretty serious thing.

Your mother can't stay mad at you forever. She will let you come back if you are nice to her.rofl.gif

LMFBO, Now thats a good one Roger! hahahahahha

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Markham

• herenow

• hypoman

• ancienrocka

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your mother can't stay mad at you forever. She will let you come back if you are nice to her.

Guys last week I went in to BOI to extend my overstayed VISA. I was 4 months over (Gulp) and armed with info from this site.. I already had my typewritten printed out letter. My note expressed my

batman2525

Judging by your own admissions though, I am thinking that the 13(a)'s requisite proof of financial stability (as well as the associated fees) may not be readily available. :scratch_head:

Personally I agree with you but let's not speculate about his personal circumstances - and certainly not in this thread. This gentleman has opened a thread elsewhere about his visa issue which is a more appropriate venue for such discussion.

The bottom line here, folks, is that you really don't want to be late in getting your Extension renewals. If your due date falls on Public Holiday, I suggest you obtain your Extension no later than two working days beforehand. BoI will not accept as an excuse the fact their office was closed on your due day - so plan ahead! If you find getting Extensions too much of a bother or it doesn't fit in with your busy schedule, then consider employing the services of an Agent - such as AncienRocka - to obtain them on your behalf.

The following is a partial list of Public Holidays for the next six months: Feb 24 (EDSA Revolution Day), Feb 25 (People Power Day), Apr 1 (Maundy Thursday), Apr 2 (Good Friday), Apr 9 (Bataan Day), May 3 (Labour Day), June 14 (Independence Day), Aug 23 (Ninoy Aquino Day) and Aug 29 (National Heroes' Day). The Philippines also celebrates Chinese New Year as a Public Holiday which this year falls on Feb 14 (Sunday), it's likely that there will be a Public Holiday on the following day. There will be other Public Holidays during this period, usually announced at fairly short notice.

Mark

I used the AncienRocka last year to renew myself and my sons visa/s...he came to our hotel at 9am and was back in a couple of hours with new visas.He did a good job for us and I recommend his service.

Some people are so naive they shouldn't be allowed out of there home town, never mind allowed out of the country and into the Philippines.

Some people are so naive they shouldn't be allowed out of there home town, never mind allowed out of the country and into the Philippines.

Tally-ho mate, only it's not a fox, maybe a turkey!

Anyway, the letter is not a serious issue as long as you have a plausible reason for the overstay. But just don't do it if you can help it. Cheers!

• 2 years later...

Still feels like a rip off to me. First extortional visa fees as a tourist, Now I have to pay to leave with residency. It cost me less than 3000 peso a year when I first lived in Japan. Residency is just that. you are free to come and go with a multiple re entry visa and enter through the Japanese passport section.

With some 'official' here taking me upstairs and offering to meet me at the airport and stamp my passport for 'a price' its all b.s. anyway.

dc3driver

Still feels like a rip off to me. First extortional visa fees as a tourist, Now I have to pay to leave with residency. It cost me less than 3000 peso a year when I first lived in Japan. Residency is just that. you are free to come and go with a multiple re entry visa and enter through the Japanese passport section.

With some 'official' here taking me upstairs and offering to meet me at the airport and stamp my passport for 'a price' its all b.s. anyway.

It most certainly is, but then it IS more fun in the Philippines.....

Wow.  People are still replying to something more than 2 years old?

ed villas

I'm in overstay since last September but I can't afford to pay all in one shot. Also, I am legally married to a

Cebuana, if that has any bearing.

What is your take?

you could pay the "fee" and then take a 3-4day visa run to HKG or SIN, come  back and get the "stamp" so your protected for what 12months?

edit,,, he states, allow me to post it, as i know that sometimes when a person reads something they sometimes . as they are in a rush, may not see exactually what was posted.

"but I can't afford to pay all in one shot"".

yes he says he cant pay all in 1 shot, but it may mean he can pay the fee, yet NOT ALL AT ONCE(correct?)

when he does this, then . to keep current and not run a foul of the BI (not the boi)

i suggested what he or another may do it such a situation,

AGAIN DAVAOENO. i truly appreciate the post you made, it allowed me to be more CLEAR or show clarity on my post..

Edited by ed villas
Davaoeno

you could pay the "fee"

I believe he said he doesnt have the fee 

ed villas

you could pay the "fee"

he does say""but I can't afford to pay all in one shot"

its not clear on what you mean? could you further explain what your trying to post?

Edited by ed villas

I'm in overstay since last September but I can't afford to pay all in one shot. Also, I am legally married to a

Cebuana, if that has any bearing.

What is your take?

you could pay the "fee" and then take a 3-4day visa run to HKG or SIN, come  back and get the "stamp" so your protected for what 12months?

Great advice ed villas!!

You are answering a post that is 3 years old,

I hope the guy already solved his problem by now,

maybe he won the lottery or maybe he is already deported

Davaoeno

you could pay the "fee"

he does say""but I can't afford to pay all in one shot"

its not clear on what you mean? could you further explain what your trying to post?

my post was only 9 words long - which word dont you understand?

Skywalker

Did the 'note from your mother' letter actually become fact?  That is to say a letter explaining why you overstayed?

I was a day late, earlier in the New year.  Absolutely nothing was said.  Perhaps it was because of the festive season.  My renewal date was Christmas Day, I got in there on Boxing Day.