New policy regarding late visa renwals

ancienrocka

I was told today by one of my friends at the BoI that a new policy has been introduced for late visa renewals.

If you are as much as one day late, you will be required to submit a letter with your application to renew, explaining why you are late. I have yet to verify this fact as being part of the actual policy of the BoI, but be aware that late renewals or overstaying are probably things of the past!!

Paul

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Markham

• herenow

• hypoman

• ancienrocka

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your mother can't stay mad at you forever. She will let you come back if you are nice to her.

Guys last week I went in to BOI to extend my overstayed VISA. I was 4 months over (Gulp) and armed with info from this site.. I already had my typewritten printed out letter. My note expressed my

udonthani

overstaying anywhere is always a bad idea anyway. I don't think people that would like to do it would have the same cavalier attitude about it if it was a Nigerian or Columbian or whatever from wherever they come from doing it. It might have seemed before to have been a non-issue, but it really shows a basic lack of respect for the laws and conventions of wherever it is you think it's OK to stay without permission.

also if you get away with it in the Philippines, it might give you the idea that you can get away with it elsewhere. I got deported from somewhere once for overstaying, in most places it's regarded as being a pretty serious thing.

RogerDuMond

I got deported from somewhere once for overstaying, in most places it's regarded as being a pretty serious thing.

Your mother can't stay mad at you forever. She will let you come back if you are nice to her.rofl.gif

• Like 1

Anyone who's been following the news of new policies being introduced by the BoI Commissioner, Nonoy Libanan, will not be at all surprised by this - even if it does sound like get a sick-note from your mum.

I think it's an odds-on certainty that ACR-I cards will soon be required for all who stay more than six months.

I'm personally in favour of both policies.

Mark

I'm in overstay since last September but I can't afford to pay all in one shot. Also, I am legally married to a

Cebuana, if that has any bearing.

What is your take?

smokey

I'm in overstay since last September but I can't afford to pay all in one shot. Also, I am legally married to a

What is your take?

sept. of 2008?? i though you were overstay more then a year.. pay the fine and move on with your life...

What is your take?

sept. of 2008?? i though you were overstay more then a year.. pay the fine and move on with your life...

Who are u, knowing virtually

NOTHING of my circumstances, to judge me thus?

Edited by Markham
Renoved personal attack

What is your take?

Last September would be in 2009, Robert .

What is your take?

Calm down. Robert may well have misread your post and assumed you've been overstaying for around 16 months when in fact you've overstayed for four months but that's no reason to over-react. I have edited your post to remove the ad-hominem attack you made on him which is contrary to the rules of this Forum.

Up to now, you owe BoI around ₱12 to ₱15 thousand in unpaid fees and fines, depending on which Extensions you've missed. I suggest you find the money and get yourself current as soon as possible.

Mark

Best bet is go and see BOI before they come to see you!

What is your take?

Calm down. Robert may well have misread your post and assumed you've been overstaying for around 16 months when in fact you've overstayed for four months but that's no reason to over-react. I have edited your post to remove the ad-hominem attack you made on him which is contrary to the rules of this Forum.

Up to now, you owe BoI around ₱12 to ₱15 thousand in unpaid fees and fines, depending on which Extensions you've missed. I suggest you find the money and get yourself current as soon as possible.

Sorry Mark, I did not mean to overreact...just stressed,,,trying to stay with my wife and

family after making some "rookie" mistakes.

...But what the hey, there are the odd long-timer posters here who might look up "condescension"

in their dictionary.

All told,

Thanks for this site!

Mark

tom_shor

What is your take?

Sorry Mark, I did not mean to overreact...just stressed,,,trying to stay with my wife and

...But what the hey, there are the odd long-timer posters here who might look up "condescension"

in their dictionary.

All told,

Thanks for this site!

Mark

If they find you first you might end up getting deported. I don't know your financial situation but paying now will be a lot cheaper and less inconvenient that sitting in BOI confinement and then being deported.

In other words, yes of course I want to sort it out, but without being blacklisted and deported......If you would wonder why I talk like that, peruse

the many responses I have had since first posting this topic.

Majority of informed (or otherwise) responders to my post suggest that I must pay and leave,>>>this of course pre-supposes that I want to leave when in fact I want to stay,,,I''m sure u see the paradox...I would not be issued an exit "

visa" or whatever, until I Paid my fines. But I DO not want to leave but rather to stay.

So where does that leave me?

What is your take?

in their dictionary.

All told,

Thanks for this site!

Mark

If they find you first you might end up getting deported. I don't know your financial situation but paying now will be a lot cheaper and less inconvenient that sitting in BOI confinement and then being deported.

Ok then,. would the punch-line be this? As fast as I can (which would be another 9 weeks) accumulate funds and then go plead my case with the letter etc?

My concern is that, despite marriage to local, reasonable intent, etc,,,,they might deport me if I present myself.

Edited by herenow