Has anyone gotten a USA Visitor Visa for girlfriend?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptor

• Cary

• RogerDuMond

• Paul

How about, almost impossible?

Well, you didn't mention where you would want her to visit, so I am assuming you are talking about a western country.

My wife's aunt was able to get a tourist visa but she had to first show that she would come back to the Philippines as well as proof that she had property in Manila as well, and finally she promised up and down that she would not stay in the US.

How about, almost impossible?

Well, you didn't mention where you would want her to visit, so I am assuming you are talking about a western country.

USA. I can show I would be financially responsible for her there including place to stay, but showing she has ties in Phils may be more difficult. If a work Visa easier, I have a business and could bring her as an *employee*...

The reason why Paul said its next to impossible is because so many Filipinos in the past have not left, they stayed in droves and as a result now the Philippines is unoffically been black listed. And if you try that trick of listing her as your employee, are you sure you want to do that? If she is caught you are the one that will face the music.

Well, I don't know your true intentions concerning this girl. I assume you are considering her for marriage. If so, have you even seen her yet? If not, I would strongly suggest that you come here, visit her, and then consider just filing a fiancee visa for her to go there. If you come here to visit her, you can see more of what she is like, and what her family is like.

Attempting to deceive the US government is a pretty serious crime and can cause her to not be eligible to apply again for ten years, if I am correct.

10 years is correct.

Well, I don't know your true intentions concerning this girl. I assume you are considering her for marriage. If so, have you even seen her yet? If not, I would strongly suggest that you come here, visit her, and then consider just filing a fiancee visa for her to go there. If you come here to visit her, you can see more of what she is like, and what her family is like.

Attempting to deceive the US government is a pretty serious crime and can cause her to not be eligible to apply again for ten years, if I am correct.

My wife's aunt was able to get a tourist visa but she had to first show that she would come back to the Philippines as well as proof that she had property in Manila as well, and finally she promised up and down that she would not stay in the US.

I don't know the circumstances surrounding Cary's case, but it is a rarity. Typically, she would have to also show that she has ties, a business, land, vehicles, etc., in the Philippines, giving her a reason to return.

Short version: If she is wealthy, most likely she would be granted a tourist visa, even a ten-year multiple entry tourist visa. If not, it is highly doubtful that she would be approved.

So, my best advice to you, would be to consider a fiancee visa for her. You would spend the money one time. Not to mention, if she were turned down for the tourist visa, I am not sure how long she would have to even wait before being eligible to apply for a fiancee visa. Definitely do your research before making your decision. But, I think most everyone with knowledge here will give you similar advice.

What is the link to Visa Journey? http://www.visajourney.com ? Try that site as well, for advice.

Edited by Admin

The reason why Paul said its next to impossible is because so many Filipinos in the past have not left, they stayed in droves and as a result now the Philippines is unoffically been black listed.

I haven't seen or heard that at all for USA, it sounds like you're describing Mexicans which cross the border.

And if you try that trick of listing her as your employee, are you sure you want to do that? If she is caught you are the one that will face the music.

It wouldn't be a trick, I have a business and could employ her for temp work etc.

Short version: If she is wealthy, most likely she would be granted a tourist visa, even a ten-year multiple entry tourist visa. If not, it is highly doubtful that she would be approved. So, my best advice to you, would be to consider a fiancee visa for her.

That would demand we get married within 90 days of arrival, something I don't want to do yet. For now I am here in Phils with her, and when I go back to USA to visit temporarily, I would like to bring her with me for a month or so, then both back here.

Since this is a legit "Visitor / Tourist Visa" request, I would hope that I can prove it, including that I would be responsible for her in USA, even though she is not wealthy, does not own land or a car or a business or anything else.

That would demand we get married within 90 days of arrival, something I don't want to do yet. For now I am here in Phils with her, and when I go back to USA to visit temporarily, I would like to bring her with me for a month or so, then both back here.

Since this is a legit "Visitor / Tourist Visa" request, I would hope that I can prove it, including that I would be responsible for her in USA, even though she is not wealthy, does not own land or a car or a business or anything else.

True. But, please do yourself a favor and at least verify the length of time she would have to wait before applying for a fiancee visa, IF she were to be denied a tourist visa. If it is something like ten years, then you may have shot yourself in the foot. Well, if you wish for her to stay in the US long term anyway, down the road.

I wish I could give you better advice, but I have given you all I can. Perhaps others may be able to shed more positive light on this for you.

Either way, I understand your feelings. I wish you the best. If you would, please let us know which way you decided to go, and what happens. It would be great to hear another positive story, having a tourist visa approved.

Edited by Admin
edit text.

sorry to disappoint you raptor...... the way you describe your gf's situation......... i sincerely doubt your success....... The mexicans might be a problem for the US but the filipinos are a close 2nd. there are a lot of pinoys in the US - which we called TNT - tago nang tago......

because, your gf is on a tourist visa - its not enough to just prove that you can support her. your gf has also have to prove that she intends to go back to PI and that shes only in the US as a tourist. being single, unattached, no job, no properties - she has no way of proving that or should i say likely to be believes by US officials.......

A few years ago i asked my sister to come over to UK on a tourist visa. my sisters application was denied. we have to appeal for the decision and go to court to overturn the decision before my sister was allowed in.

True. But, please do me a favor and at least verify the length of time she would have to wait before applying for a fiancee visa, IF she were to be denied a tourist visa.

I didn't find anything about that, only:

IS A DENIAL UNDER SECTION 214 PERMANENT?

No. The consular officer will reconsider a case if an applicant can show further convincing evidence...If the consular officer should find it necessary to deny the issuance of a visitor visa, the applicant may apply again if there is new evidence to overcome the basis for the refusal.

because, your gf is on a tourist visa - its not enough to just prove that you can support her. your gf has also have to prove that she intends to go back to PI and that shes only in the US as a tourist. being single, unattached, no job, no properties - she has no way of proving that

When I'm ready to do this, we will try to explain/prove to the officials that this may not be the normal situation since she will be flying with me, staying with me, and most importantly leaving with me, 2 round trip tickets. There should really be a "Girlfriend Visa" :biggrin_01:

Edited by Raptor

My wife's aunt owns a sign making business in which she employs her sons and when she came to the US it was 2007 and business was good. Now today like everyone else she is hurting. But again Raptor, she had to basically beg to get the visa, we had to write letters on her behalf. I hope none of this is a joke to you because I'm telling you what happened to her. The advice Paul and Ellinel have given you is right on. Like me I am sure that you work with some Filipinos, ask them about the tourist visa and Filipinos, they will tell you what we are saying and much more.

RogerDuMond

Work visas require specialized skills. http://immigration.f...MP=KWC-B-PUBLIC

The penalty for defrauding the US for immigration purposes is steep. It used to be exclusion from future entry to the US, $250,000 fine and up to 5 years in federal prison.

Edited by RogerDuMond