container housing

digiteye

you could always try something like this

for guest housing or a roadside motel

1526_83f0.jpeg

A bit scary in mountain area. Claustrophobics back off!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• villagerNo8

• Willie

• Runian

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what I live in here in Baghdad the US government set these up as a temporary living shelters. I like it so much that they had offered me a new place to live and I turned it down(very quiet).

That house on stilts looks to be made of wood ... I would think that the termites would eat it up in no time here in the Phils.

Posted Images

Bob Ward

The Hobit!

• Admin (Retired)
broden

back in the 50's and 60's they would of made a great roadside motel kinda place

washingtonian88
Here's an outfit in Manila that is doing turnkey container housing: http://indigohouse.y...ainer-house.php container1.jpgcontainer2.jpg

That's so neat.... I hope they'd have 'em in SM-Cebu too *or do they have them already? with more choices on dimensions, and price (around P50k-P75k, quick no hassle thing, life span for at least 3 yrs, for storage or crashers).

All you need in an empty, flat lot behind your property.

Edited by washingtonian88
mattwilkie

Current shortage of containers in Cebu pushing the prices up drastically due to demand from goods going to Singapore.

Bet_Busta

Current shortage of containers in Cebu pushing the prices up drastically due to demand from goods going to Singapore.

For what its worth:

Rental of 20-footer is P15,000 per month.

I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to live in a steel shipping container ... but they are great as temporary jails.

These shipping containers used to be called a "Conex" back in the Vietnam War era. Used mostly as parts storage, they also could serve as a temporary jail cell. Hot as hell inside, but a great form of punishment (although not very humane)

"Long Binh Jail" (LBJ) inmates spent their days in tedious work details and mundane recreation. For those not inclined to follow the rules, there was always "Silver City," the maximum confinement area made up of converted Conex shipping containers, where temperatures could exceed 110 degrees. Some inmates considered this a form of torture, and Silver City dramatically contributed to LBJ's reputation as the worst place to be in Vietnam.

A military "Conex":

WACI+Conex1.JPG

Now I see some company is selling larger steel shipping containers as make-shift jail cells. Of course, unlike Vietnam, this version has AC:

exterior.jpg

Shipping Container Housing? .... I think I will pass!

washingtonian88

I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to live in a steel shipping container ... but they are great as temporary jails.

These shipping containers used to be called a "Conex" back in the Vietnam War era. Used mostly as parts storage, they also could serve as a temporary jail cell. Hot as hell inside, but a great form of punishment (although not very humane)

"Long Binh Jail" (LBJ) inmates spent their days in tedious work details and mundane recreation. For those not inclined to follow the rules, there was always "Silver City," the maximum confinement area made up of converted Conex shipping containers, where temperatures could exceed 110 degrees. Some inmates considered this a form of torture, and Silver City dramatically contributed to LBJ's reputation as the worst place to be in Vietnam.

A military "Conex":

WACI+Conex1.JPG

Now I see some company is selling larger steel shipping containers as make-shift jail cells. Of course, unlike Vietnam, this version has AC:

exterior.jpg

Well, you must admit, for temporary shelter it ain't bad.

And if you are to make a shelter for your relatives in Philippines, it's not a bad upgrade at all.

I bet close to 100% of them will say, HELLL YEAAAAAHHHHH! lol

Stranded Shipscook

Can u buy containers at the harbour in cebu ?

contact CIA (Cebu International Arrastre) in the port of Cebu for info.

Well, you must admit, for temporary shelter it ain't bad.

And if you are to make a shelter for your relatives in Philippines, it's not a bad upgrade at all.

I bet close to 100% of them will say, HELLL YEAAAAAHHHHH! lol

Personally, I would be a bit embarrassed to tell anyone that I put my wife's family into a shipping container

:scratch_head:

• 1 year later...
fanboat

A military "Conex":

WACI+Conex1.JPG

exterior.jpg

Sounds like a good place to lose some un-wanted pounds....maybe it will click as an extreme Heath Spa?

ps...where are you Turbota?

smokey

Sounds like a good place to lose some un-wanted pounds....maybe it will click as an extreme Heath Spa?

ps...where are you Turbota?

i know he has his new car and his wife roaming Florida i think wonder if he is going to visit his house soon in cebu