Tourist Visa From The UK

The bottom line is ... Ask for the Visa Waiver when you get to Imigrations at the airport. If they don't give it to you, well, I guess you will be paying a visit to Imigrations at a later date to get it.

If you don't hold a current Visa (stamped into your Passport by a Philippines Embassy or Consulate in your home country), then you may be admitted into the Philippines under the "Visa-Waiver Programme" which grants a maximum stay of 21 days unless extended at an office of the Bureau of Immigration. You do not need to ask for a "Visa-Waiver" as it is normally granted automatically for citizens of those countries accepted into the scheme. There was a pilot-scheme operating for a few months whereby Extensions of Stay could be obtained at the arrival airport but this practice has ceased at both Manila and Cebu (and I would assume Clark as well).

If you are staying for less than 9 months, then there's no cost advantage in holding a 9(a) Visa but if you're planning to stay a year, or longer, then the cost of Extensions will work out cheaper (over the year) and the savings will more than cover the cost of the Visa. Having said that, there is an immediate saving of ₱3800, or so, for the first 38-day Extension which is equivalent to two-thirds of the cost of a one year, multiple-entry 9(a) Visitors Visa.

Mark

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lazydays

• Bilko

• Markham

• Turbota

mattwilkie

Mate, I sent you the address earlier, it is

P. Burgos St, Mandaue

and trust me, you do not need a copy of your passport - I am there at least 10 times a week and I have never seen anyone asked to do this - It was a requirement about 12 months ago but not any more.

Paul

Its always worth getting a few copies of your passport anyway though Paul as at some point you will end up using it. I have recently completed my paperwork for 13(a) which involved 3 copies. Keeping the "extra" paperwork is cheap when passing nearby a photocopier to speed up the process if ever requested ;-)

mattwilkie

The bottom line is ... Ask for the Visa Waiver when you get to Imigrations at the airport. If they don't give it to you, well, I guess you will be paying a visit to Imigrations at a later date to get it.

If you don't hold a current Visa (stamped into your Passport by a Philippines Embassy or Consulate in your home country), then you may be admitted into the Philippines under the "Visa-Waiver Programme" which grants a maximum stay of 21 days unless extended at an office of the Bureau of Immigration. You do not need to ask for a "Visa-Waiver" as it is normally granted automatically for citizens of those countries accepted into the scheme. There was a pilot-scheme operating for a few months whereby Extensions of Stay could be obtained at the arrival airport but this practice has ceased at both Manila and Cebu (and I would assume Clark as well).

If you are staying for less than 9 months, then there's no cost advantage in holding a 9(a) Visa but if you're planning to stay a year, or longer, then the cost of Extensions will work out cheaper (over the year) and the savings will more than cover the cost of the Visa. Having said that, there is an immediate saving of ₱3800, or so, for the first 38-day Extension which is equivalent to two-thirds of the cost of a one year, multiple-entry 9(a) Visitors Visa.

Mark

There is one important factor you havent added Mark "time wasted" as it is one thing that does cost a lot at immigration. Losing a day virtually every time you got there. One of the main reasons I have gone for 13(a) regardless of cost once a year is enough for me.

lazydays

Mark

There is one important factor you havent added Mark "time wasted" as it is one thing that does cost a lot at immigration. Losing a day virtually every time you got there. One of the main reasons I have gone for 13(a) regardless of cost once a year is enough for me.

Must be a very busy BOI office in Cebu,to take best part of a day.

Maybe we are lucky in Davao City,i go early,i,m usually in and out within 30 to 45 mins,then cross the highway pedestrian bridge outside,to Victoria Plaza Mall,do some shopping then have lunch,simple.