Top Posters In This Topic

• lazydays

• Bilko

• Markham

• udonthani

ancienrocka

Mate, I sent you the address earlier, it is

P. Burgos St, Mandaue

and trust me, you do not need a copy of your passport - I am there at least 10 times a week and I have never seen anyone asked to do this - It was a requirement about 12 months ago but not any more.

Paul

Hey Paul;

Thanks for that information, my eyes must of glazed over that.

Regards;

Steve

Mate, I sent you the address earlier, it is

P. Burgos St, Mandaue

and trust me, you do not need a copy of your passport - I am there at least 10 times a week and I have never seen anyone asked to do this - It was a requirement about 12 months ago but not any more.

Paul

I have visited the Consulate and I'd strongly advise you to get the taxi to wait for you whilst you get your CNI from Mrs Jackson. Otherwise it's a fair hike from the Consulate to the main road which is the only place you'll find another.

Mark

Seems like everyone is saying that you need to go to Imigrations to get a Visa Waiver so you can extend that free 21 days out to 2 months.

Maybe Cebu is different, but if you were flying into Manila, you don't have to go anywhere but the airport .... When you go through Imigrations, they give you a free 21 day tourist stamp. Then ask the guy where you can pay for the Visa Waiver. He will direct you there. Pay the fee, and you get an additional 38 days. This gives you a total of 59 days.

There is no reason to travel to Imigrations to get this ... It's all done at the airport upon your arrival.

Ron,

lazydays

Bilko,

Just a reminder,make sure your gf has got a CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage) certificate from the NSO (national statistics office) Manila.

You will need to show this to the consulate in Cebu.It's their way of establishing that she is free to marry.

The CENOMAR is valid for 3months from date of issue.

Seems like everyone is saying that you need to go to Imigrations to get a Visa Waiver so you can extend that free 21 days out to 2 months.

Maybe Cebu is different, but if you were flying into Manila, you don't have to go anywhere but the airport .... When you go through Imigrations, they give you a free 21 day tourist stamp. Then ask the guy where you can pay for the Visa Waiver. He will direct you there. Pay the fee, and you get an additional 38 days. This gives you a total of 59 days.

There is no reason to travel to Imigrations to get this ... It's all done at the airport upon your arrival.

Ron,

As things seem to change here quite often, it's hard to be sure. BUT the BoI stopped this scenario and all other processes where any BoI fees were collected at the airport. This was due to the fact that most of the monies never actually made it to BoI. Big surprise!!! LOL

They do still offer to do these types of services in many cases. BUT they most likely are not official and in the computer system as they were mandated to stop collecting funds.

I was offered a 1 year Balikbayan stamp in Manila and promptly refused (not married). Just be wary as it's a seas of shifting sands. If you did get one of these extensions, demand a computer generated receipt, BEFORE you actually give them the money!

Edited by Bob Ward

My fiancee can get a CENOMAR in Cebu, Does anyone know the address of the place she needs to go to obtain one, I had it but lost it.

Regards;

Steve

Bilko,

Just a reminder,make sure your gf has got a CENOMAR (certificate of no marriage) certificate from the NSO (national statistics office) Manila.

You will need to show this to the consulate in Cebu.It's their way of establishing that she is free to marry.

The CENOMAR is valid for 3months from date of issue.

Edited by Bilko

THE National Statistics Office (NSO) in Cebu province recently transferred to its new office building on the third floor of City Savings Bank Financial Plaza along Osmeña Boulevard corner P. Burgos Street, Cebu City. The new office is located just across the Basilica del Sto. Niño.

That's where my fiancee is getting her CENOMAR from. Just thought I would share the information if anyone else needed it.

Regards;

Steve

Edited by Bilko

Here is the official memorandum from the commissioner of immigrations that authorizes the 38 Visa Waiver to be available to tourists upon arrival at the airport:

Visa upon arrival to no visa required temporary visitors MEMORANDUM CIRCULAR NO. MCL--08--003

Pursuant to Section 18 of Memorandum Circular No. MCL-005 and in the interest of public service, and effective immediately, no visa required temporary visitor arriving in the Philippines who wishes to stay here for more than Twenty-one (21) but less than (59) may apply for a visa upon arrival at the airport of entry instead of securing a visa waiver in the Bureau's main office or any of its field offices upon payment of $50.00 visa fee plus P500.00 Express Fee and P10.00 Legal Research Fee.

The Chief of the Immigration Regulation Division is hereby instructed to inform all Bureau personnel and all relevant government agencies to proper dissimination of the memorandum circular.

MARCELINO C. LIBANAN

Commissioner

http://immigration.g...d=258&Itemid=89

lazydays

The wording is easily misinterpreted like most documents,but having read it a few times i see it as:

NO Visa required temporary visitor...........may apply for a visa upon arrival at the airport of entry.....................

meaning,

Temporary visitors requiring a visa (21 to 59 days)may not apply for a visa upon arrival at the airport..............

just my interpretation.

I am with Bob Ward on this,as i also was aware that extending at the airport was trialled for a limited period,but then ceased due to missing fees.

A "No Visa Required" Temporary Visitor is a visitor from a country that is not required to get an entry visa prior to entering the Philippines (IE: Americans, Aussies, Brits, Germans. etc, etc). These visitors just need to arrive with there passport.

Pursuant to Section 18 of Memorandum Circular No. MCL-005 and in the interest of public service, and effective immediately, ....... "no visa required" temporary visitor arriving in the Philippines who wishes to stay here for more than Twenty-one (21) but less than (59) may apply for a visa upon arrival at the airport of entry instead of securing a visa waiver in the Bureau's main office or any of its field offices

I think this is pretty easy to understand.

Now, if this Memorandum has been suspended ... I don't have a clue.

The bottom line is ... Ask for the Visa Waiver when you get to Imigrations at the airport. If they don't give it to you, well, I guess you will be paying a visit to Imigrations at a later date to get it.

As things seem to change here quite often, it's hard to be sure.

Mates, this stuff changes like the wind. It's catch as catch can most of the time! Plus they are horrible about updating the web site and they hardly ever put dates on anything. Keep em guessing is their motto!

Edited by Bob Ward