this 2010 is start very bad !

I been disappear for a while coz i got a dengue fever and i been monitored in hospital for 5 days, now i feel much better and my platlets blood is back to the normality. After this serious matter, i got another shit story.

Before to start to say what is happened to me today, i was thinking if was right or not share my bad experience here, and after a while i decided that is good to let you know to get open the eyes even in safety place.

Today about 1 pm i went with my friend in Gaysano gran mall in Basak near lapu lapu, we stop to eat something in jollibee, i put my backpack near my chair after 20 sec, i been stolen from somebody that i really dont know, but i have an idea who could be. at this time jollibee was full of peoples, but nobody see nothing, even the security guard, see nobody go out, of course it was sleeping, amazing...

by the way, i call other guards that was in the main entrance of Gaysano, even them they didnt see nothing even i give them a good description of this couples of young guys that stolen my bag, but they say nobody go out or maybe more easy to say that they dont remember , so i called the police and i explain what happened, they just told me to report the fact at police station. Anyway in all Entrance door of Gaysano in Basak no there one fecking camera, the guards even seems dont care nothing, so today i been stolen my driving license, my id card, 3000 pesos, money of course i dont care, but my driving license sure, now it will cost me time, and i have to remake when i will back next time in Italy!!

Even in jollibee we can find some snatch.....

Happy new year 2010.

ps: Im not here to complain about locals peoples or the country, just to advice that is good to pay attention to our belonging wherever we are, we dont know what could happen.

Giotto

Wow Giotto;

I am sorry that you had such trouble. When you get your things replaced it would be a good thing to make a copy of your id, passport, etc. Thats what I do when I travel. And keep the originals at your house so if this happens again you still have the originals. Goodluck to you.

lazydays

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Dengue fever is nasty,unfortunately there are no vaccines available to prevent this.

All you can do is try to avoid Mosquito bites.

Theft is prevalant everywhere around Xmas and New Year time.

A friends filipina wife had her handbag stolen from Greenwich Pizza in Limtekai Mall in CDO just before Xmas.

She had placed it on a seat next to her,she was busy chatting with friends and took her eyes off it.

She lost in the bag,credit/atm cards,cellphone,a brand new cellphone (bought for a Xmas present) and a small ammount of cash.Again,no one saw nothing including security guards.

Even if you lose little of value,the hassle and inconvenience of replacing things like credit/atm cards,passport,licence etc is a real pain.

ALWAYS stay vigilant.

I'm glad you are over your Denge, as it can be very bad. I guess I am quite fortunate, in that I get no mosquito bites here.

Anyway, don't feel as though you are the only one to make that mistake. One member here, Terp (an Administrator on the forums), will probably be able to remember a time when I was in Negros Oriental, Dumaguete City actually. My girlfriend of that time and I, along with another fellow and his girlfriend, were spending a late afternoon on the beach. As the sun went down, a snatch came down the beach and took a backpack I had. It had my passport, a couple of cell phones, clothes, as well as other items. Actually, the most important thing to me in it, next to my passport, was an early copy of English-Cebuano Made Easy that I had been learning from. I had many notes in that book, as I was still just learning the basics of the language.

The really bad part for me was, that I had already lived on the ground here full time, for several months. So, I already knew not to do that, but did it anyway. I guess, at that point, I was still naive enough to think everyone in this country were basically good people. I had a lot to learn...

Remember me posting about that incident, Dewey, on Don's Yahoo Group of the day? I still remember. Dewey's reply to me, which was quite truthful, got him banned from that Yahoo Group. LOL He said it was a pretty stupid thing for me to do, as I wasn't new to the Philippines then. He was right.

Snatch is something totally welcome where I come from! Sorry to here of your bad run of luck Giotto

A junkie snatched my school bag when I was in an arcade, late as i'd just finished my part-time job shift, in Dublin city centre once.

It was kinda funny, as the bag weighed a ton with books, the security guard and myself chased after him. He dropped it so he could get away.

It can happen anywhere, sorry to hear about it.

Anyway, if it was me, id me more upset about the dengue fever. One of my neghbours went off to hospital three days ago with it. I was out drinking & chatting with him the night before.

Also, I get a shit load of mosquito bites, especially on my ankles.

Im sure im a high risk. Even checked my travel insurance documents were all up to date, just in case.

Sorry to hear about your stay in hospital.Im sure you didnt intend to go to Cebu just to go to see the hospitals!Im always worried about Malaria/Dengue when im there.Always using cream and taking very expensive medication.

About the snatch,never nice when that happens,no matter if its Phils or anywhere.Like my parents always said when it happened to me,you wont make that mistake again.Doesnt sound nice at the time,but you learn from your mistakes.

Dude that sucks...I know how it feels to have something stolen in a public place. Theft is very rampant in many areas in close proximity to poverty stricken areas...more so the areas that tourists frequent.

You can only imagine the stolen goods I've come across when trying to buy stuff off the online classifieds on the internet. I had a Sony digital camera stolen from me and decided to scour the online ads for similar camera's being sold in hopes I would find the culprit.

After many weeks of searching and viewing (with my receipt and camera serial number in hand) I never found it. Most likely pawned. Although, while I was meeting with all these guys selling camera's, I would say half of them were stolen. Most I viewed had no chargers, no manuals nor any other accesorial item. Then practically all of the half I would consider stolen were in Japanese.

Wombat No More

rofl.gifAh, you're a wag dave (friendly Aussie term) but a man who perhaps follows the same path. Snatch is totally welcome wherever you come from ya mug. (another friendly Aussie term)

Snatch is something totally welcome where I come from! Sorry to here of your bad run of luck Giotto

post-6386-126248078634_thumb.gif

Jess Bartone

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Giotto. The year started on such a low, so things can only get better from here, right? I've heard the Italians are a tough breed, you'll be alright matethumbsup.gif

udonthani

sorry to hear about this, but you should never put anything remotely valuable, such as a driver license or money, in anything portable like a backpack. Even wallets, being so easy to snatch, I personally don't bother with.

sometimes I walk around a mall with a backpack. But if anybody ever snatched that, all they'd basically find is a piece of paper with the word 'Later' written on it.

Panserhansen

Sorry to hear that, Giotto. Happened to a friend of mine too, at Country Mall. He only had some sweaty trunks and a towel from the gym there.

Always put a leg inside the straps when you put your bag down on the floor.

mattwilkie

Sorry to hear of your bad luck.. i try to look at things as it "could always be a lot worse". So there is a positive to it. You got your health and

your possessions will hopefully be covered on your insurance etc.

Ive said before regarding dengue the local "milk milk" plant works well as I had Dengue previously and although the milk milk plant is still in trial on how it works obviously no doctor is going to be handing out plants as a cure unless its got into pill form. Also a reminder that the mosquito that carries Dengue is around in the afternoon not the same as the ones in the evenings. I actually caught Dengue at the immigration office in Cebu as its the only place I had been to that week. Off lotion is cheap and a good preventative action to take.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Giotto. The year started on such a low, so things can only get better from here, right?

+1

A few lousy days to start the year, hopefully it's all upside from here. Amazing how brazen the snatchers can be. And how useless most security guards at these places are.

Hi guys, thanks very much for your nice words and support, my dengue fever its been a serious matter, had 40 degree of fever, blood out of my eyes, even from my urine, and my platelets below 128 thousand.

i care this dengue to drink 4 litres of water per day, nd stay monitored my blood every 10 hour, lucky that slowly slowly im back to the normality.

honestly i dont know where i been bite from a mosquito, coz here everywhere there are mosquito, maybe at work, or home or somewhere else, who know ?

past is past ,about my stolen belonging, what i can say ? next time i will be more careful, its good from this bad experience to pay more attention.

Sorry if i just now im reply to this topic, but i m so much busy with the restaurant, and not much time to come here, anyway we are on 70% of our

job, in the next 3 weeks will be finish so i can give the exactly date of mine grand opening.

About the name, we choice already, but i wait to say coz the registration is not yet complete.

i wish to all of you good time here in Cebu, this place deserve to be visited and have good time, and lucky im that i come here to live smile.gif

i try think always positive cause is part of my attitude, and i know there are in the world things more serious than a dengue or some snatch that

catch me, the life is go on, eheheheh.

Thanks again with true sincerity

Giotto