ASIDE from paying up to P7,000 in fines, those who will be caught drunk driving could also have their driver

I have a part time driver that usually goes out with me on the evenings I drink...otherwise I ride with friends or have my friends drive the car the entire night.

I only had one 'El Gecko' occassion that transpired without me having my designated driver. Actually on that night, I didn't expect to drink that much since I went there directly from the office. El Gecko was fun as hell though...got the numbers of two chicks that rocked my world a couple weeks later. Wahooo!! So I guess I wasn't that drunk. biggrin_01.gif

No matter how much they inforce the drunk driver laws here in the Philippines, it will NEVER be anything remotely as bad as getting a DUI in the U.S.

How come they don't pull over drivers that don't have headlights and/or tailights and brake lights that work on there vehicles at night? ... That is dangerous as hell and it happens all the time here (at least here in Bacolod)

Bottom line ... They have laws that cover just about everything here in the PI, but there is zero inforcement ... This drunk driving inforcement deal won't last for long at all ... not in this country.

I wouldn't worry about it ... just keep an extra 1,000 pesos in your pocket in the very unlikely event you get unlucky with these crocodiles.

That's good news even for the few idiots who continue to drive while drunk. It might save you from a bad crash. For the rest of us and our families it means less chance of becoming the victim of a drunk driver. Jeez cabs are cheap in Cebu. Why take the risk ?

musicman666

usually the drunk drivers are the ones who drive real slow down the middle ..taking up two lanes and being real carefull... if speeding and swerving are indicators of drink.. well thats just cebu driving ..not drink at all.

That may work okay for locals, but they may have to consider something else for the foreigners. Personally, I have three driver's licenses.

Not only Cebu, Manila and Subic as well. They drive like that everywhere.

usually the drunk drivers are the ones who drive real slow down the middle ..taking up two lanes and being real carefull... if speeding and swerving are indicators of drink.. well thats just cebu driving ..not drink at all.

It's funny...I would think the vast majority of people driving in Cebu without licenses or safe vehicles way out number those that would be driving drunk. That's who they should set up the check points for and more often.

:thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:

Please say it is not so ... :(

This could be the end of Cebu being a cool place to live. If this is the case I may not want to live here anymore. I drink and drive at least 2 times a week and have been for over 20 years. I have gotten very good at it and never got into an accident.

I wonder what the percent of alcohol will be to be considered drunk ?

What happens if you refuse to take the test ? Of course you may be automatically guilty but at least maybe you can fight it later and pay a fine.

:drink:

:wt-hell: I agree totally Balay !!