• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• srfc1

• Paul

• Ivantheterrible

• NOSOCALPINOY

musicman666

One good thing about HSBC there card works everywhere and no 150p fee

there is a fee but you do not see it because they embed it in their exchange rate..

musicman666

one fact about HSBC is that its a totally seperate bank to HSBC in hong kong. Think of HSBC in the philippines as BDO with an international HSBC atm machine in it. If you have any issues regarding problems with HSBC cards ect from Hong Kong ..I wouldnt bother asking the local branches anything. Sort of makes their "world bank" image a bit of a joke.

That is absolutely NOT true if you have a Premier account. You walk into any HSBC bank in the world and the Premier relationship manager at that bank will assist you immediately (as long as they aren't assisting another Premier account holder at the time).

for sure the premiere account is the way to go but when your HSBC atm card is refusing to work in the HSBC atm machine that is in an HSBC branch and all the staff can say is that its not their problem... well i needed to take a reality check. :thumbs_up:

George2010

I have opened two separate bank accounts here solely on a tourist visa. Both saving accounts at BPI.

One branch at Ayalya, the other in Labangon.

However, they require a resident card to open a checking account.

After I applied for a savings account ONLINE to BPI, they informed me that to complete the application that I would have to present a ACR card to them when I came to the Philippines next month. So, that really puts a stop to sending money over there now, which as my whole idea.