• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wombat No More

• Paul

• Willie

• DeezNuz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Phil, i am part wombat too mate..... just joined the forum and was looking at an intro too and stumbled on yours, your a hard act to follow my friend :thumbs_up:

I'm another Sydneysider but have been living in Indonesia and Thailand for past 20 years, planning to rent a place in Cebu from March with my Cebuano girl Cecille, we met in Phuket where Cecille and her family have lived for years. She's heading home to start a business and I can live anywhere with my work, so thought Cebu would be a nice change of scenery for a while, have been there about four times in the past.... I am a surfer so I will be taking off to other parts of the country a lot looking for waves.

Ayway it's always good to catch up with other kano's or kanga's and if you have ANZAC bickies all the better....

Cheers for now and happy new year

Willy

Wombat No More

Gidday again guys and gals (blokes and shiela's).

Just need to make a correction to my post on Ju Jutsu, for the sake of accuracy. I must have been tired when I wrote it and I only just noticed. Where I mention the art KENDO and go on to describe who developed it, the word KENDO should be replaced by AIKIDO. Kendo is related to the sword art of Kenjutsu and in laymans terms is an art using swords made from solid wood or split bamboo where they appear to beat the hell out of each other, which in fact they do. Sorry to any of you who understand about the martial arts and may have been a bit miffed (upset) with my mistake.

post-6386-126225522097_thumb.gif

aussieseaman

Hi i just want to say i read your introduction look s like you have led a full life and you seem very genuine , or dinky di aussie, I hope your place becomes a regular haunt for my self and my girl when we finally get there hopefully by mid next year all going well , as im a non drinker i look forward to having a few softies with and shooting the breeze , as you seem like a interesting guy with many stories to tell, and reading your intro you seem like a very good provider to your family

hooroo , Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
LifeofRiley

G`day Phil, hope you can get the cafe up and running soon. thumbs_up.gif

• 1 month later...
Wombat No More

Gidday mate. Look, I just realised what you said in the post to me last Dec 30 (derr). You live maybe 70 metres from my joint in Dorado St.? Sorry, I'm a bit slow sometimes. We moved out of there last May to Abuno where I am building the Wife's cafe/bar, (notice the capital W on wife, got to keep her happy.) You will see for sale signs up soon on both my apartments. Seeya mate.

welcome3.gif from your neighbour up the street! When im there,Im the one usually sitting in the garden looking for a home for the SM beer in front of me!! drink.jpg

Cool...Ju Jutsu..never heard of it, please elaborate.

I have had training in Kempo (well...I call it training, it was more like a kick BigRob's ass session for my 4' 5" tall filipino/japanese sensai). Although, I rarely have too much time to continue any training, plus the fact I gained my belly back the last two years I've been here so it threw my center of gravity off. I do make an excellent paper weight though. thumbs_up.gif

this might help you get an idea about juijitsu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Jiu-Jitsu

Hi Phil, i am part wombat too mate..... just joined the forum and was looking at an intro too and stumbled on yours, your a hard act to follow my friend wink.gif

I'm another Sydneysider but have been living in Indonesia and Thailand for past 20 years, planning to rent a place in Cebu from March with my Cebuano girl Cecille, we met in Phuket where Cecille and her family have lived for years. She's heading home to start a business and I can live anywhere with my work, so thought Cebu would be a nice change of scenery for a while, have been there about four times in the past.... I am a surfer so I will be taking off to other parts of the country a lot looking for waves.

Ayway it's always good to catch up with other kano's or kanga's and if you have ANZAC bickies all the better....

Cheers for now and happy new year

Willy

Phil & Willy...welcome to the forum from one of the Yanks in here.welcome3.gif

Wombat No More

Thank you Rodora, however, I'm not actually too interested in the DO based arts (modern era). The jiu jitsu u mention to check up and find out an idea about is a Judo based art and in fact it says that in the first para of the link u gave me. If you read my other posts in this section, you would see that I mention that Judo was developed from the actual art that I studied intensely in, Ju Jutsu, and that fact is mentioned in the first section of the link you gave me also.

Also, before I studied for thousands of training hours plus more study hours in jujutsu, I was a brown (kyu) belt in a Jiu Jitsu style which was, as all other jiu/jui/ju jitsu (do) arts are, almost exclusively a combination of judo, karate do and aikido, all modern era arts,and each jitsu art perhaps utilising different amounts of each of their base arts.All three of the latter have strong roots in the art I finally studied, Ju Jutsu.

Finally, you should read the other stuff I wrote on the subject, if u haven't already, and you may learn something you do not know, well one only hopes to learn new things when coming across new info. I'm no longer a physical player in the arts, due to disability, only a 'teacher' (as opposed to instructor) and I have not yet decided to open a dojo here in Lapu Lapu, but when I do you are quite welcome, if u are living here, to come along and submit yourself for consideration as a student.

After writing all this, I find that checking ur message again, you were not messaging me but BIGROB, and I confused his post with what you put in. No worries, I will leave it there for more info to interested persons.

Goodnite now. Kyoshi Phil Keen, Nanadan (7th Dan) and Menkyo Kaidan, Kokusai JuJutsu Kenkyukai (Australia)

I have had training in Kempo (well...I call it training, it was more like a kick BigRob's ass session for my 4' 5" tall filipino/japanese sensai). Although, I rarely have too much time to continue any training, plus the fact I gained my belly back the last two years I've been here so it threw my center of gravity off. I do make an excellent paper weight though. thumbs_up.gif

http://en.wikipedia....ilian_Jiu-Jitsu

Edited by WombatPhil

Thank you Rodora, however, I'm not actually too interested in the DO based arts (modern era). The jiu jitsu u mention to check up and find out an idea about is a Judo based art and in fact it says that in the first para of the link u gave me. If you read my other posts in this section, you would see that I mention that Judo was developed from the actual art that I studied intensely in, Ju Jutsu, and that fact is mentioned in the first section of the link you gave me also.

Also, before I studied for thousands of training hours plus more study hours in jujutsu, I was a brown (kyu) belt in a Jiu Jitsu style which was, as all other jiu/jui/ju jitsu (do) arts are, almost exclusively a combination of judo, karate do and aikido, all modern era arts,and each jitsu art perhaps utilising different amounts of each of their base arts.All three of the latter have strong roots in the art I finally studied, Ju Jutsu.

Finally, you should read the other stuff I wrote on the subject, if u haven't already, and you may learn something you do not know, well one only hopes to learn new things when coming across new info. I'm no longer a physical player in the arts, due to disability, only a 'teacher' (as opposed to instructor) and I have not yet decided to open a dojo here in Lapu Lapu, but when I do you are quite welcome, if u are living here, to come along and submit yourself for consideration as a student.

After writing all this, I find that checking ur message again, you were not messaging me but BIGROB, and I confused his post with what you put in. No worries, I will leave it there for more info to interested persons.

Goodnite now. Kyoshi Phil Keen, Nanadan (7th Dan) and Menkyo Kaidan, Kokusai JuJutsu Kenkyukai (Australia)

http://en.wikipedia....ilian_Jiu-Jitsu

thanks for the invite... maybe i should check out .. okay good you noticed my post, it was meant for BIGROB

• 1 month later...

Where are you located from Cebu city?

I will be back in Cebu in 2 weeks, we should do lunch......

Leave a contact number here if you want.....

• 3 weeks later...
Wombat No More

Sorry Hammer, I didn't see your post til today and is well into April. Maybe ur off again. I guess you wish to discuss something on the arts. I reckon if you get me started I'm hard to stop. Anyway, I have done very little for some years and haven't decided to start again just yet. My Number is 0910 600 0066. Seeya mate.

Where are you located from Cebu city?

I will be back in Cebu in 2 weeks, we should do lunch......

Leave a contact number here if you want.....

redman69

Phil, welcome and thanks for the story. It is people like you that draws me to this board.

• 5 months later...
Wombat No More

Gidday you mugs. Thought I would re ignite my intro post as the ones coming in recently seem to be a bit tame. Anyway, the newbies probably don't know I exist anyway.

If you don't like it, don't worry, come and have whinge and a game of pool and a couple beers with us when I open Wombat's Womb Cafe' next year.

ooroo all, Phil (Wombat)

.....................................................................................

One explanation on the nickname of WOMBAT....

When I was a young fella, early 20's, I occassionally ran into the odd bloke with the nickname of Wombat. I remember asking a couple of times something like "What's with the Wombat?" The answer came back that a Wombat eats roots, shoots and leaves!!! Yeah well, I know that ya wanker and I was oblivious of what they actually meant until one day it was explained to me. Boy, did I feel like a dickhead for not picking up on it sooner.

What they meant was that a person with the name Wombat (not me though) eats (has a feed, tucker, grub, fang, food), roots (has sex), shoots (ejaculates), and leaves (goes home). Hmm. Now you know you blokes and shiela's.

Also, to all you Aussies out there (in Cebu), if you have ANY Australian paperworks that need certifying in any way, then you can see me if you like. I am a Justice of the Peace, Qualified, for the State of Queensland, Reg No. 69990. Unlike the Philippines, it is against Aussie Law to charge fees or accept any gift or gain any advantage whatsoever, to process your paperwork. In other words, like Aussieland, it's free.

post-6386-128512382909_thumb.jpg