Government Gone Wrong

softail

I have a family member that falls into the category of an abuser. He brought his lady over a few months ago and has kept her totally isolated from us. A few weeks ago we got our first look at her and we were totally shocked. The weather outside was around 16 deg F and she was wearing things that she had brought from the PI, was freezing to death, he wont buy her anything to wear. She told my wife in private that my family member told her that he refuses to put her on his health insurance from work and that she better not get sick because he is not paying any medical bills. Her bags are always packed because he is always threatening to take her back to the airport.

I could go on but I think you get the idea, the rest of the family and I are trying to figure out how to help her without making things worse for her. Next month I am going to go to an immigration lawyer for advice. I just brought this up to show what can happen and probably dose more than one would think.

I feel that the ladies being brought in as brides do need to know what there rights are and where to turn if they end up in the situation that this gal is in.

Softail

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aka

• tom_shor

• Bob Ward

• lazydays

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a family member that falls into the category of an abuser. He brought his lady over a few months ago and has kept her totally isolated from us. A few weeks ago we got our first look at her and we were totally shocked. The weather outside was around 16 deg F and she was wearing things that she had brought from the PI, was freezing to death, he wont buy her anything to wear. She told my wife in private that my family member told her that he refuses to put her on his health insurance from work and that she better not get sick because he is not paying any medical bills. Her bags are always packed because he is always threatening to take her back to the airport.

I could go on but I think you get the idea, the rest of the family and I are trying to figure out how to help her without making things worse for her. Next month I am going to go to an immigration lawyer for advice. I just brought this up to show what can happen and probably dose more than one would think.

I feel that the ladies being brought in as brides do need to know what there rights are and where to turn if they end up in the situation that this gal is in.

Softail

kick his low life,scum sucking, piece of crap ass for him and either take the poor girl in or buy her a ticket home. Then kick his low life, scum sucking, piece of crap ass for him again just for grins. Is he in Texas by chance? I'd be happy to help.

softail

kick his low life,scum sucking, piece of crap ass for him and either take the poor girl in or buy her a ticket home. Then kick his low life, scum sucking, piece of crap ass for him again just for grins. Is he in Texas by chance? I'd be happy to help.

No not in Texas. I suspect that I more than likely will be takeing her in. I want to talk to the lawyer to find out the best way to help her. Am thinking it would be best to wait untill she gets her green card otherwise she might be asked to leave the country. Thats why the chat with the lawyer.

Softail

One of the lessons taught is the use of domestic violence...if she uses this system,she will get an automatic green card.she can also get him out of the house with this set up.he will have to spend a good deal of money to resolve his case.this is also a felony,so if convicted he can not go to the philippines again.

lazydays

Seems like this guy has adopted some Asian male ethos.

Keep them barefoot,pregnant and chained to the kitchen.

Seriously,its these type of guys who get us a bad reputation.

Without these sort of guys, there would be no need for those Visa seminars.

Its modern day slavery,those type of guys make me sick and deserve to lose everything.

tom_shor

I was married for 8 years to a filipina...she got an A plus,in that course...cost me $50,000 us so far...and she had a boy friend for half the marriage?

You could have had her disappear for half that.

tom_shor

My wife attended the seminar in Manila.

Told me it was a waste of time.

No nuns, minimally informative and experiences (war stories good & bad) of those who have made the journey.

Apparently there is a difference between the classes in Cebu/Manila.

ooooh Cubi Point. I haven't seen that view for a long time.

While there probably a need to distribute some of the information they have they really gone overboard with the negativity for sure.

softail

Seems like this guy has adopted some Asian male ethos.

Keep them barefoot,pregnant and chained to the kitchen.

Seriously,its these type of guys who get us a bad reputation.

Without these sort of guys, there would be no need for those Visa seminars.

Its modern day slavery,those type of guys make me sick and deserve to lose everything.

Believe me, he isn

tom_shor

Softail

When he goes to sleep roll him in the blanket then work him over with a ball bat.

When my ex-wife went through it about 10 years ago it was the same thing with them also telling her that I would either take her to America to sell her for money or kill her for insurance money.

So... how much did you get for her? :P

Is this class a requirement for those receiving a spouse visa or only the fiance visa?

The CFO course is for any Filipino married/engaged to a foreigner who wishes to leave the Philippines on any visa. It is also a requirement if they are applying for a passport whether they are leaving the country or not.

The CFO course is for any Filipino married/engaged to a foreigner who wishes to leave the Philippines on any visa. It is also a requirement if they are applying for a passport whether they are leaving the country or not.

My fiancee got her passport a couple months ago and did not have to attend the CFO course. It was my belief that you had to bring your actual approved visa to the CFO so they could stamp it before you could leave the country.

Maybe I'm wrong about that?

Pete of New Hampshire

Don't get mad at me for asking, is there anyone or an agency that we can tell this too? I'm guessing that because these nuns Paul is talking about puts so much junk in these girls heads that it helps to cause the relationship fail. I'm not saying they are the cause of breakups, but they don't help.

It is also a requirement if they are applying for a passport whether they are leaving the country or not.

Dili Oi!!

Although it is incorrectly stated on their website.

In accordance with Republic Act 8239 and Department of Foreign Affairs Order No. 28-94 and No. 11-97, a Filipino traveling abroad as fiancé(e) or spouse of a foreign national is required to attend the CFO’s guidance and counseling programs as a pre-requisite to the issuance of a passport.

It's not listed in the requirements to get a passport!

http://www.dfa.gov.ph/consular/passport-eng.htm

But most of all, the CFO Seminar is the very last requirement before you can leave the country. You already have to have an approved K-1 or Spousal visa in order to attend the course. So you have to have a passport already before you take the seminar.

So it just ain't so!

Edited by Bob Ward