Government Gone Wrong

Well I got my best friend in deep kimchee. I came to the Phils three years ago and he's going to be the first one to get married to a Filipina, go figure. They have completed the K-1 process and she had one step left.

So his fiancee had to come to Cebu, from Tacloban, to get her CFO Seminar. She came with another Pinay who will be heading to the US soon as well.

They are excited, yet nervous, so they woke up at 3 am for the 7 am seminar that was right around the corner. LOL

This seminar is supposed to help you understand immigration procedures and some of the other knowledge you will need to acclimate to the US. BUT, what they got was a different story.

They teach it like it's an us (Filipinas) against them war in the US. They tell them not to let their husband make them into a yaya or a sex slave. They bring in women with horror stories to scare the shit out of them. Not one person was there who said anything good about going there.

The next part was all about your rights and how to take advantage of any situation that arises. How to file for divorce. How to get the right division of assets during the divorce. How to ensure custody of the children. How they should behave as American women. Supporting the family back home! The list goes on!!!!

I know that there are bad cases where Filipinas have been abused, and it should be warned against. But as is typical of government, they have just gone overboard. The two young ladies were so upset and shaken that they could not eat dinner and just went to bed to try and forget it! VERY Sad!!!!

Edited by Bob Ward
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aka

• tom_shor

• Bob Ward

• lazydays

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, ever since the nuns took over doing the processing for the CFO, it has gone to shit. They make Filipinas feel as though they are going to be raped and murdered when they go abroad.

The nuns started doing the processing for the CFO in 2005, if I recall correctly. They have been practicing that same buillshit ever since.

Its not just the girls going to the US either Bob. Maria had to sit through the same crud in the Aussie/Kiwi version. She wasn't happy about it either. She did tell me though, that there was a young lady in her group that was going for her 3rd?? CFO certificate. She had already been through 2 failed romances in NZ. The nuns didn't approve it.

Bob, ever since the nuns took over doing the processing for the CFO, it has gone to shit. They make Filipinas feel as though they are going to be raped and murdered when they go abroad.

The nuns started doing the processing for the CFO in 2005, if I recall correctly. They have been practicing that same buillshit ever since.

When my wife did this CFO thing eight years ago, she had the same propaganda preached to her about the evils of life in Australia :blink:

Andrew

Yep. Ever since the nuns took it over, it has gone to shite at the CFO. They try to poison the mind of every Filipino / Filipina that goes through there, letting them know how "bad" it is going to be once they go abroad.

Well I got my best friend in deep kimchee. I came to the Phils three years ago and he's going to be the first one to get married to a Filipina, go figure. They have completed the K-1 process and she had one step left.

So his fiancee had to come to Cebu, from Tacloban, to get her CFO Seminar. She came with another Pinay who will be heading to the US soon as well.

They are excited, yet nervous, so they woke up at 3 am for the 7 am seminar that was right around the corner. LOL

This seminar is supposed to help you understand immigration procedures and some of the other knowledge you will need to acclimate to the US. BUT, what they got was a different story.

They teach it like it's an us (Filipinas) against them war in the US. They tell them not to let their husband make them into a yaya or a sex slave. They bring in women with horror stories to scare the shit out of them. Not one person was there who said anything good about going there.

The next part was all about your rights and how to take advantage of any situation that arises. How to file for divorce. How to get the right division of assets during the divorce. How to ensure custody of the children. How they should behave as American women. Supporting the family back home! The list goes on!!!!

I know that there are bad cases where Filipinas have been abused, and it should be warned against. But as is typical of government, they have just gone overboard. The two young ladies were so upset and shaken that they could not eat dinner and just went to bed to try and forget it! VERY Sad!!!!

I was married for 8 years to a filipina...she got an A plus,in that course...cost me $50,000 us so far...and she had a boy friend for half the marriage?

USMC-Retired

I guess someone should film it and send it to a news agency in the US. I bet something like that would make a top story.

When my ex-wife went through it about 10 years ago it was the same thing with them also

telling her that I would either take her to America to sell her for money or kill her for insurance money.

I was there when she took the seminar, but, of course they would not allow me inside.

My wife attended the seminar in Manila.

Told me it was a waste of time.

No nuns, minimally informative and experiences (war stories good & bad) of those who have made the journey.

Apparently there is a difference between the classes in Cebu/Manila.

Is the CFO Seminar a Philippine or US requirement? If US, how would they endorse such a class? What qualifies nuns to teach it unless they've been to the States?

My best friends fiance just went through that class, neither one of us knew it was that bad. He's bringing her here to the States at the end of January.

lazydays

Is the CFO Seminar a Philippine or US requirement? If US, how would they endorse such a class? What qualifies nuns to teach it unless they've been to the States?

My best friends fiance just went through that class, neither one of us knew it was that bad. He's bringing her here to the States at the end of January.

Its a Philippine requirement.

I feel OFWs should go through it,there are far more abuses of OFWs.

I guess someone should film it and send it to a news agency in the US. I bet something like that would make a top story.

You better know it would. American media loves nothing better than a story which portrays the racist white male as the oppressor and the female as a helpless victim.

JohnFromTexas

Is this class a requirement for those receiving a spouse visa or only the fiance visa?

lazydays

Is this class a requirement for those receiving a spouse visa or only the fiance visa?

As far as i am aware its for both.