Sign in to follow this  
bainne

Cebu 3 Week stay..

loosehead

bainne try the Kiwi Lodge in Mabolo. All the cab drivers know it or they have an airport pick up service. Nice little kiwi/filipino family run hotel. Rooms around US $25, excellent food and service. Good backstreet location walking distance from the two major shopping centres and nightlife restaurants etc. Great little bar downstairs with lots of expat aussies, kiwis and other nationalities. There were some irish guys staying there last time i was there. Of course 50% of aussie and kiwis proudly claim irish heritage...the difference is the aussies arrived on convict boats while us kiwis were colonisers by choice.

Masterlessman

bainne try the Kiwi Lodge in Mabolo. All the cab drivers know it or they have an airport pick up service. Nice little kiwi/filipino family run hotel. Rooms around US $25, excellent food and service. Good backstreet location walking distance from the two major shopping centres and nightlife restaurants etc. Great little bar downstairs with lots of expat aussies, kiwis and other nationalities. There were some irish guys staying there last time i was there. Of course 50% of aussie and kiwis proudly claim irish heritage...the difference is the aussies arrived on convict boats while us kiwis were colonisers by choice.

Lots of good advice here. Does anybody have any views on the Midtown Hotel? I heard it is right on top of a mall which is full of girls...

smidsy

Lots of good advice here. Does anybody have any views on the Midtown Hotel? I heard it is right on top of a mall which is full of girls...

Its on top of Robinsons mall in Fuente Osmena, which is full of single women. Personally, I dont like the mall at all. But maybe thats cause im married. It didnt seem to have much else to offer.

Its a mid range hotel, costs about 3,000 peso a night.

I stayed there for a few nights once. Iv no complaints, a little pricey, but thats all. Its a bit weird to find the reception on the 4th floor.

lazydays

''Bainne is the Gaelic word for milk, is there an Irish connection there ??''

very good smidsy..yes theres a connection smile.gif good link be helpfull,i do plan to travel around as much as i can..things can change, heard cebu is good place and the surrounding area's too..probably will stay in the holiday plaza for 2 nights or so im sure by that time ill find a nice area.. .

done some searching and came across condotels for rent similar to hotels..any of the users ever use these on holidays or advice

as for activities im up for anything.. as long as i dont kill myself ,what do most do you guys do for your activities going out etc

thanks for the time..

If you mean condotels as like studio apt or apartelle's,then i am a big fan of those for extended stays,as you have a kitchen facility.

Only advantages if you intend staying in the same location for a while.

fanboat

''Bainne is the Gaelic word for milk, is there an Irish connection there ??''

very good smidsy..yes theres a connection smile.gif good link be helpfull,i do plan to travel around as much as i can..things can change, heard cebu is good place and the surrounding area's too..probably will stay in the holiday plaza for 2 nights or so im sure by that time ill find a nice area.. .

done some searching and came across condotels for rent similar to hotels..any of the users ever use these on holidays or advice

as for activities im up for anything.. as long as i dont kill myself ,what do most do you guys do for your activities going out etc

thanks for the time..

Try the Mango shakes...and the world class lap dance on Mango ave.

ps..ask paul to send you pics of the little resort up the street...outstanding place!

KeithAngel

My advice is the Diplomat which is 1600 cheaper and 5 mins walk to said mall if you dont like it visit your shortlist by cab on the next day thats how I arrived from fuente pension house to the Diplomat also very close to Casa Verde resturant for good ribs and steak that wont break the bank. In fact from laundry to banks and girly bars if thats your thing its an ideal location in many ways.

bainne

Hey..

ive been busy finally getting time to go online,hope you had a good new year..it wont be long before im there :) im flying out on the 24th and arriving in Manila on the 25th, probably stay there for two nights..id want to go Cebu straight away but would be shattered from the flight...i still dont have a clue on where to stay..was checking on the net to see what cities are near Ninoy Aquino International Airport..any nice hotels near the airport ..could i use the same airport to fly to Cebu,more than likely..anyone know which of the hotels in Cebu have nice gyms etc..funny rightthumbs_up.gif i like to go while im there it be good..

i have to see the doctor next monday to get the shots to pay for it cost 230 euro..pricey eh..... thanks on the replys guys, it will all come to great use..Peace

udonthani

I'm going through a cost cutting phase so I'm at the Cebu Tourist Capitol on Don Gil Garcia. $12 a night. It's a bit of a dive. Terrible bathroom and shower, decrepit lobby, there's bugs, and ants. It does at least a decent aircon unit and it has cable with Fox News and close to a convenience store that is open 24 hours and sells SM Grandes for 60 and ice for 2.50. Prostitutes assemble in the lobby from about 8pm in the evenings. Hope this helps.

Lee From Cebu

I also agree use danny noy for a taxi to pick you up he will wait for you with a sign with your name. knows the city well and is a great guide to show you around. his number is 09193753071 I use danny all the time hes a good guy and speaks pretty good english.

bainne

thanks on the reply guys..definitely calling danny when i get to cebu sound s like the man to show around the area..im sure he'll have good info on where to go,.. il let danny know of the tips i got here too if nned be.... dont know if this is true in most case's but i would think peolpe that are on holiday's there are best meeting people in person from scratch,.. i have been in touch with some locals there and had some of them tell me of some situation's they are in and would ask e for money of some sort or would beat around the bush on the matter..maybe its just me but lets say i talked to five girls and 2 or 3 of them would start asking for money..anyhow it could be better to do it from scratch asi said ..mind you their have been nice girls that i emailed .. in away im just waiting for one of them to ask..dont get me wrong im not so heartless just prefer to be more involved other than some guy that funds the money...

any adive be great..later bainne

Paul

thanks on the reply guys..definitely calling danny when i get to cebu sound s like the man to show around the area..im sure he'll have good info on where to go,.. il let danny know of the tips i got here too if nned be.... dont know if this is true in most case's but i would think peolpe that are on holiday's there are best meeting people in person from scratch,.. i have been in touch with some locals there and had some of them tell me of some situation's they are in and would ask e for money of some sort or would beat around the bush on the matter..maybe its just me but lets say i talked to five girls and 2 or 3 of them would start asking for money..anyhow it could be better to do it from scratch asi said ..mind you their have been nice girls that i emailed .. in away im just waiting for one of them to ask..dont get me wrong im not so heartless just prefer to be more involved other than some guy that funds the money...

any adive be great..later bainne

Two very accurate statements. While I know there are guys who met their girls online, the chances of doing so are against you, in my opinion anyway.

Paul
Contact Paul...I saw some awesome pics of a private resort north of the city...on the water...just perfect for a nice stay

He's talking about this place: Huna Huna Beach Resort, located in Catmon, Cebu Province

I'm going through a cost cutting phase so I'm at the Cebu Tourist Capitol on Don Gil Garcia. $12 a night. It's a bit of a dive. Terrible bathroom and shower, decrepit lobby, there's bugs, and ants. It does at least a decent aircon unit and it has cable with Fox News and close to a convenience store that is open 24 hours and sells SM Grandes for 60 and ice for 2.50. Prostitutes assemble in the lobby from about 8pm in the evenings. Hope this helps.

That's a shame. I used to stay at the Capitol Tourist Inn years ago. It used to offer nice, clean accommodation. Of course, I'm talking about the mid '90s here.

Edited by Admin

Lee From Cebu

Let me know when you got your feet on the ground here :thats-funny: maybe we can go out for a drink or two

bainne

cheers on the link its a very nice place love to spend a week there seems real peacfull...whats the best way to travel there, taxi probably.. yeah sure lee we'll try link up..

Edited by bainne

smidsy

Count me in for those beers !!