Tourists on extended stay urged to get I-card

ancienrocka

Well I got my exit clearance this afternoon and the cost was P500.

Ian is correct - an exit clearance will currently cost you 500p if you are here on a tourist visa but will cost about 2800 if you are a permanent resident i.e. if you have an ACR card.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lazydays

• Markham

• ancienrocka

• Mailman

lazydays

Ian is correct - an exit clearance will currently cost you 500p if you are here on a tourist visa but will cost about 2800 if you are a permanent resident i.e. if you have an ACR card.

Thanks,that explains it,coz the guy is a permanent resident.

well if your going to stay for a while get one and you can skip the semi monthly BI trip

A tourist with an ACR-I Card has to continue obtaining Extensions of Stay so the bi-monthly trip to BoI remains necessary.

The difference in price is down to the fact that a resident has to obtain a Re-Entry Permit in addition to the Exit Clearance Certificate, if he intends to return to the Philippines after travelling abroad.

I would think by the time they roll this out,regional offices would be able to issue the cards.

Your experience is interesting, the BOI site lists regional offices, that supposedly, can already deal with issuing these cards.shocked.gif

At the time I inquired, Cebu BoI was only issuing ACR-I Cards to permanent residents (eg 13(a) and 9(g) Visa holders).

Im inclined to compare this ACR I with the ID cards many countries already have,and which the UK is trying to introduce.

Info on these cards is held on database's accessable by Interpol and similar international agencies.

It is,as they say, for security and anti terrorism reasons which of course would include wanted criminals.

In addition to this, many new passports include a microchip,my new one does.

We will be traceable anywhere in the world.

Big Brother has arrived as-if.gif

Off-topic but the reason the UK (among other countries) is introducing micro-chipped Passports is because the US Government is making such a requirement for all new Passports. Soon there will come the day (sometime in 2012, I believe) when you won't be able to travel to the US without such a Passport.

Whatever their reasoning is, the powers that be (Manila) should clearly make all of this clear to the rest of country first in meetings,etc. Then make it public along with some type of grace period to allow the transitions to be enforced. If not, then it will cause the confusion and speculations which are going on now.

Whatever their reasoning is, the powers that be (Manila) should clearly make all of this clear to the rest of country first in meetings,etc. Then make it public along with some type of grace period to allow the transitions to be enforced. If not, then it will cause the confusion and speculations which are going on now.

Reality check. Remember, this is how things work in The Philippines.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Daddy Daz

Question: Will you turn in the Icard when you leave or can you use it again when you re-enter or?

This may seem like a dumb question (and perhaps it is), but does this in any way affect (or make things more complicated for) a husband who might want to stay in the Philippines up to one year on a balikbayan visa?

ancienrocka

This may seem like a dumb question (and perhaps it is), but does this in any way affect (or make things more complicated for) a husband who might want to stay in the Philippines up to one year on a balikbayan visa?

There have been a lot of questions about how the new proposal will affect this or that person regarding their visas and renewals. As of yesterday when I was at the BoI, no one there knew anything about the introduction of ACR cards for tourists!

As Mark said in an earlier post, it may mean a reduction in the need for my services for visa renewals - on the other hand it may mean an increase in business due to the "confusion" the new rules may create. I know nothing more than anyone else and am open minded about its implications and application. When the rules are implemented I will keep you all informed and will not worry about it until it happens. We cannot change it and second guessing what it means doesn't help me. I hope it makes things easier for all concerned and I believe that the department is doing its best to encourage extended stays - VIMS has been a great success.

Happy Christmas to all our clients - past, present and future.

Paul and Elsa

David Spicer

At the time I inquired, Cebu BoI was only issuing ACR-I Cards to permanent residents (eg 13(a) and 9(g) Visa holders).

I think this change may stem from the fact that the current policy was not being followed:

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=114&Itemid=61

"All aliens who have been duly issued immigrant or non-immigrant visa and all other aliens who are required to register under the Alien Registration Act are required to register and apply for the ACR I-Card. They are the following:

4. Temporary visitor under Section 9(a), PIA