Sign in to follow this  
DeezNuz

Monthly Fishing Trip

DeezNuz

Hey,

If you ever wanna go, let me know. I have my gear:

post-1-126078072594_thumb.jpg

Hahaha...well at least we know if you drink too much you can help us 'chum' the water.

throw-up1.jpg

Paul

<--- Never has a hang over; never gets sick on a boat. All bets are entertained. :not_see:

Hahaha...well at least we know if you drink too much you can help us 'chum' the water.

DeezNuz

Hi Everyone...this is just a friendly reminder about the bottom fishing trip with the Sport Fishing Club of Cebu coming up Sunday, January 31st, 2010.

Please visit TCE Tackles and speak with Rainer to secure your seats before the date we go fishing.

Lee From Cebu

hey rob where is tce tackles located, can we bring beer, will you be onboard for the trip

Balintawak

Ill join. Its a long time now since Ive been fishing.. Been fishing since I was a litle Andy

DeezNuz

Guys...I feel so bad...I totally forgot to update this thread because they changed the dates on us Friday. We ended up going out fishing today the 24th.

Over all the trip was great. We were maxed out on the boat already and seems like the February trip is going to require two boats.

Went bottom fishing outside of Mactan and was able to land a little over 25 fish weighing in around a few hundred grams up to about a 2-kilos.

Here are some pics from the Fishing Trip.

THe Sport Fishing Club of Cebu Fishing Trip January 2010

gallery_5388_318_59267.jpg

gallery_5388_318_12967.jpg

gallery_5388_318_15114.jpg

broden

get to cookin :biggrin_01:

captainpete

nice catch rob.did the girls get most of them,did you go okay

D_D

I went on a fishing trip to Iloilo with Big Rob and his group. I highly recommend it.

I have never really been into normal fishing, but I had a great time and met some really good people.

I think I jinxed myself by bringing bananas on the boat.... no one ever told me bringing bananas would piss off the fishing gods !

DeezNuz

No dude..you dind't jinx anything...you're starting to get superstitious like a local. biggrin_01.gif

Iloilo wasn't that productive because of the strong winds that day. Man, if you remember it took us almost two hours to get to the fishing grounds due to all the choppy water...normally it takes an 45-minutes to an hour.

Here are some pictures from a fishign trip in Iloilo just a few months back.

gallery_5388_299_211352.jpg

gallery_5388_299_67340.jpg

gallery_5388_299_140598.jpg

gallery_5388_299_126604.jpg

gallery_5388_299_283139.jpg

captainpete...I caught three fish on this trip. Whenever I go fishing with a large group, I'm not too concerned with what I catch..I'm more happy when I see everyone else having fun.

broden

this is going to be the way i get my brother to visit the Philippines someday .. we all grew up avid fishermen .. usually heading out from Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn .. but also crabbing .. i know he would love to visit the Philippines but the fishing will put it over the top

captainpete

I went on a fishing trip to Iloilo with Big Rob and his group. I highly recommend it.

I have never really been into normal fishing, but I had a great time and met some really good people.

I think I jinxed myself by bringing bananas on the boat.... no one ever told me bringing bananas would piss off the fishing gods !

when i go fishing i never touch oranges or other fruit i always put sun block on before i go and wash my hands after, fish have a great sense of smell so i try to avoid geting the scent on my line.just my 2 bobs worth anway. its just great to be on the water catching fish is a bonus.next vist i will be looking you up for a fish rob

MrSuave

What's the minimum size tackle needed for bottom fishing & jigging there? Will freshwater rods & reels work? My baitcast reel can use up to 14lb test, and my spinning up to 10lbs. I do have one saltwater rig (Penn Reel) that's good for 20lbs.

I'm planning on going to some garage sales and swap meets here (Arizona) to try to stock up on saltwater fishing gear. I always like to have extra tackle for my friends that don't have any.

I "reely" look forward to these monthly excursions!

Fish on!

Cebuned

Rob, what ever happened to the monthly fishing trips? Those last pictures where great. But would be nice to be able to read about more of the details. Like Where, What type of fishing? IE: Bottom fishing? Jigging? Trolling? Live or dead bait? Lures used? Rig set-ups? Time of day and weather? Where did you find the boat to take you out?...Details man, DETAILS!!!!!

Last Cast!

Ned

PS: Cost of the boat and guides?...

DeezNuz

TCE was managing and co-hosting the trips...but the powers at be made them refocus their attention. So only three outings and it was no longer pursued.