Dog breeders / Kennels

Bonehead

I'm looking for a Maltese. I checked the websites that were posted earlier, but I couldn't find anything available in Cebu. Well, there was one but I don't think it's a pure breed.

They got a bunch of them in Manila but not sure how to have the dog shipped here. I guess I could fly over there and get it.

If anyone comes across a pure bred maltese here in Cebu, please let me know.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mailman

• broden

• Jay

• D_D

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Headshot

i can just picture a bunch of rothuahuas and chiweilers scampering all over your place

That would be either one seriously over-achiever male chihuahua or one seriously hurting female chihuahua. Either way, it could certainly be an interesting combination. I smell a YouTube video hit in this...

Headshot

Just look in cebuclassifieds.com under the pets section. Just about any puppy that becomes available on Cebu gets advertised there ( http://www.cebuclassifieds.com/index.php?catid=114 ). You just have to look and over time, you will likely see what you are looking for. I have seen Maltese, Rotweiller and Chihuahua puppies for sale on the site.

Edited by Headshot
Mailman

i can just picture a bunch of rothuahuas and chiweilers scampering all over your place

That would be either one seriously over-achiever male chihuahua or one seriously hurting female chihuahua. Either way, it could certainly be an interesting combination. I smell a YouTube video hit in this...

At least you can envision that far ahead. I still can't get past the mating process. I would either need a step ladder for a male chihuahua or a buttload of sympathy for a female chihuahua. :biggrin_01:

XD

"Hello, just wanna ask, where can I find pet shops in Cebu? I would like to buy a pomeranian or japanese spitz puppy.."

Generally, pet shops are a poor place to buy a puppy, as are many so called breeders, both of which are sources (puppy mills) of inbred or genetically unhealthy and often traumatized pups. The mother is basically kept caged and pregnant most of her short life, serving as cash machines for the owners.

You have to work a little to find out about a reputable breeder. As for street dogs, I adopted one, barely alive at 5 weeks, about 8 years ago. After 2 years with me in Manila I brought him to Vancouver and he has been having a great life there since. A good looking Collie-Aussie Cattle dog mix. A street pup can be a good choice. A thou or two in pesos for de-worming, shots and check-ups, followed by good nutrition and training will give you a dog which looks totally different from what we see wandering the streets...

kar wren

Yo,

Anyone can provide a Rottweieler or Thai Ridgeback puppy?

Would you consider an Aspin? Or a lab? Not from a breeder though but from the Cebu City pound. Let me know. You can view pics on the website below.

I'm not that crazy about that idea.

Normaly you get a grown up dog and you dont know what that dog has been doing in the very important first 6 mnths.

Maybe it could be done when Im living there. As of now my PI family have to raise the dog so Im better of with a puppy.