Visa extension costs

udonthani

8am

once I started the day in Fuente, got my extension in Mandaue and then made it to Bantayan in time for lunch.

• Like 1
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ancienrocka

• Bob Ward

• Woolf

• mpt1947

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok bob, I get your point, but me, I'm going to stay legal and get my extensions every two months. And I still carry a photo copy of the photo page and most recent visa stamp with me at all times. Ju

If you enter the country with your wife, and are given a Balikbayan stamp in your passport, you have the privilege of staying in the country for a period of one year (12 months) visa free. As of the d

8am   once I started the day in Fuente, got my extension in Mandaue and then made it to Bantayan in time for lunch.

ancienrocka

8am to 11.30am then 1pm to 4.30pm

They are open longer but those are the cut off times.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
ozbuckley

I need to renew my 21 day visa for the first time tomorrow. Is there an application form I can print and fill out before I go to save time filling it out at the immigration office?

Thanks

Oz

mm it only takes a few mins and the lady at the desk is most helpful to get things right

A_Simple_Man
mm it only takes a few mins and the lady at the desk is most helpful to get things right

Did not know she was still there. The last 4 times in 3 1/2 months (yep, no typo) that I have gone in there, its been a big heavy filam guy at the desk. Sometimes he is helpful. Sometimes he is impatient. Sometimes he is outside on his phone ignoring the long line.

Apart from all that, go directly to his desk and help yourself to a form. Some people fill it out while in the lineup to save time (I hate those guys) while the rest of us go find a spot to fill it out and then go to the line. It only takes a minute or 3

Headshot

And remember...the earlier in the morning you get there (it opens at 8 AM), the quicker the process will be. There are very few foreigners there early in the morning, so things move faster.

ancienrocka

And remember...the earlier in the morning you get there (it opens at 8 AM), the quicker the process will be. There are very few foreigners there early in the morning, so things move faster.

That is generally correct but if you are doing the extension from 59 days to 4 months when you need an ACR card, don't bother to get there until 9.30am.

They calculate the conversion of the $50 fee into pesos on a direction which comes down from Manila about that time. If you get there early you will just sit around waiting for Manila to send the rate to Cebu.

• Like 1
Headshot

That $50 fee is funny. As I understand it, they will only accept it in pesos...even though the fee is in US dollars. Who says Filipinos don't understand humor? And then...to top it off...they calculate it based on the FOREX rate...something that you can't get anywhere in the Philippines if you go to exchange currency. Nice little racket.

A_Simple_Man
That $50 fee is funny.

Its more than funny, its over $60.

I was renewing my visa on Tuesday and they charged me to renew my ACR, incorrectly. So I pointed it out to the girl at window 1 who recalculated and made the adjustment. I saved approx 2500 pesos. The ACR card was going to be just over 2000 ($50) but there is an additional 500 peso express fee added in just for that service (that's on top of the 2 other 500 peso 'express fees' built in)

Oh how the money rolls in.

• 7 months later...
ILoveCyrus

AncienRocka.....I have a weird question for YOU my friend.  I just bought a ONE WAY ticket for my wife and child for July 2013, going to Cebu.  I chose 1 way because I don't know how long WE will be staying in PH.  I will join them in September and try to start a business and look for employment.  Our hope is to make Cebu our Home Base. 

The thought is that we will both get dual citizenship since we were both born in PH, now living abroad.  He ticket is paid; she still has in possession her Philippines Passport.  My son only has US passport.

Question: should we:

1. just go without a Visa and worry about it later?

2. apply for dual citizenship to make things easy (cost $200 each)

Thanks in advance for your help.

ancienrocka

AncienRocka.....I have a weird question for YOU my friend.  I just bought a ONE WAY ticket for my wife and child for July 2013, going to Cebu.  I chose 1 way because I don't know how long WE will be staying in PH.  I will join them in September and try to start a business and look for employment.  Our hope is to make Cebu our Home Base. 

The thought is that we will both get dual citizenship since we were both born in PH, now living abroad.  He ticket is paid; she still has in possession her Philippines Passport.  My son only has US passport.

Question: should we:

1. just go without a Visa and worry about it later?

2. apply for dual citizenship to make things easy (cost $200 each)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi mate,

Don't know the answer for certain sorry. My thoughts are that if you wife presents a current Filipino passport when she lands, she will be classed as a Filipino and no questions will be asked about any alternative citizenship.  Your son however will land here as a tourist with 21 days free.

I stress this is just a guess, it is not a situation I have dealt with before: if it's really important to you I suggest you consult an Immigration Attorney.  Worst case scenario is they are both classed as tourists and need to extend every 2 months.

• Like 1
Headshot

I think I would visit the Philippine embassy and pay your $200 each to get everybody dual citizenship, It will be easier there than waiting until you get here and have to jump through lots of hoops.

tomaw

There is a big difference in being an "illegal alien" and an overstaying tourist. An illegal alien has entered the country illegally and is therefore subject to arrest, prosecution and probably deportation. But the BoI still has jurisdiction!

An overstaying tourist has entered the country legally and has just neglected to pay his extensions. Whether the BoI decides to get more serious with the person in question is up to them. But the police have no hand in the matter.

.......... This is just a guess, if any of these agencies have a choice between puttingyou in jail, deporting you or getting some money ou