Visa extension costs

ancienrocka

The cheapest 2 month extension at BoI is 2830p - so, if it were legal to get more than a 2 month extension at a time, you should have paid a minimum of 5660p for 4 months. He didn't make very much for helping you!

However, it is not possible to legally obtain more than a 2 month extension at any time AND it id mandatory for all tourists who stay longer than 59 days to obtain an ACR card - the ACR card extension alone costs around 7500p.

I sincerely hope your visa extension was recorded in the computer of the BoI and not just in your passport.

If it was your 1st extension and you got another 4 months you must have arrived with a 9a, so you should have paid 7500p + 2830p = 10,330p.

All I attempt to do is provide members with information about the rules and prices for obtaining legitimate visa extensions.

Edited by ancienrocka
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ancienrocka

• Bob Ward

• Woolf

• mpt1947

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok bob, I get your point, but me, I'm going to stay legal and get my extensions every two months. And I still carry a photo copy of the photo page and most recent visa stamp with me at all times. Ju

If you enter the country with your wife, and are given a Balikbayan stamp in your passport, you have the privilege of staying in the country for a period of one year (12 months) visa free. As of the d

8am   once I started the day in Fuente, got my extension in Mandaue and then made it to Bantayan in time for lunch.

Majorsco

Thanks for the info. I do have an official Bureau of Immigration receipt (which of course, I'll keep). From my read on the immigration website, the ACR is needed for stays longer than 6 months. This takes me up to the 6 month period. I may need one with the next extension assuming I don't do the 13A visa first (which I'll probably do).

ancienrocka

Sorry mate, the ACR is required by all tourists who stay longer than 59 days

Thanks for the info. I do have an official Bureau of Immigration receipt (which of course, I'll keep). From my read on the immigration website, the ACR is needed for stays longer than 6 months. This takes me up to the 6 month period. I may need one with the next extension assuming I don't do the 13A visa first (which I'll probably do).

Unless something has just changed very recently I would think someone at BI may have their own rubber stamp!

Sorry mate, the ACR is required by all tourists who stay longer than 59 days

I concur, after 59 days an ACR card is required.

Mate, if I were you I would listen to Paul. I know a little bit here and there, but Paul does this every day. You have an illegal extension and you are not legal here without the ACR card after 59 days. At times some of the outlying areas try and pull a fast one or are simply not informed. How about scanning your receipts and post then here! We'll see if they are official!! The new ones are on special paper and printed on a PC printer.

Majorsco

Here's what I'm referring to on the BI website. (link: http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=114&Itemid=61). I believe I qualify under item 4 since I already have a 9a visa from the Chicago Consulate before I left and my stay is listed as pleasure.

"COVERAGE OF THE ACR I-CARD

All registered aliens, including their dependents, who have been duly issued paper-based ACRs are required to replace their ACRs with the hi-tech microchip-based ACR I-Card.

All aliens who have been duly issued immigrant or non-immigrant visa and all other aliens who are required to register under the Alien Registration Act are required to register and apply for the ACR I-Card. They are the following:

1. Native-Born
  2. Permanent residents under:

• a. Section 13 and its sub-sections
        • b. Republic Act Nos. 7919 and 8274 (Alien Social Integration Act of 1995)
        • c. Executive Order No. 324 (series of 1988)
        • d. Note Verbale No. 903730 dated Sept. 17, 1990 between Philippines and India

[*]Temporary residents under:

• a. BI Law Instruction No. 33 (Series of 1988)
        • b. BI Law Instruction No.13 (Series of 1988)
        • c. BI Law Instruction No. 48 (Series of 1988)
        • d. BI Memo Order No. ADD-01-038 (series of 2001)
        • e. BI Memo Order No. ADD-02-015 (series of 2002)

[*]Temporary visitor under Section 9(a), PIA –one who is coming for business or pleasure or for reasons of health if his stay exceeds six (6) months

[*]Treaty trader under Section 9(d), PIA

[*]Temporary student under Section 9(f), PIA

[*]Pre-arranged employee under Section 9(g), PIA

[*]Such other aliens as may be required by law to register

[*]For those who are required to register but exempted from immigration fees, they may opt to avail of the ACR I-Card subject to payment of the card fee.

The cheapest 2 month extension at BoI is 2830p - so, if it were legal to get more than a 2 month extension at a time, you should have paid a minimum of 5660p for 4 months. He didn't make very much for helping you!

However, it is not possible to legally obtain more than a 2 month extension at any time AND it id mandatory for all tourists who stay longer than 59 days to obtain an ACR card - the ACR card extension alone costs around 7500p.

I sincerely hope your visa extension was recorded in the computer of the BoI and not just in your passport.

If it was your 1st extension and you got another 4 months you must have arrived with a 9a, so you should have paid 7500p + 2830p = 10,330p.

All I attempt to do is provide members with information about the rules and prices for obtaining legitimate visa extensions.

Paul,

You are correct on that 7500 - my ACR Expired during between my previous extension and my most recent - cost was 7500 + and then there was another 2800+ at the window - every time is a new adventure at BI

I go again this week - I have a question that I was going to ask them - but I will throw it out for you and anyone else out there.

I arrived in July of 2010 - My wife and I married in November and went to Hong Kong - on our return I got a BB Extension which expired on December 5th of 2011.

Now I am allowed to be here for up to 16 months before I either get an extension from Manila, or I leave the country for a day or two and start all over again. My question is - Is a BB Visa count in that 16 month period, or does my 16 month period begin on December of 2011?

I too will be applying for a 13a in the next month or two - sooner if my 16 months is running out

Thanks

Mike

Here's what I'm referring to on the BI website. (link: http://immigration.g...d=114&Itemid=61). I believe I qualify under item 4 since I already have a 9a visa from the Chicago Consulate before I left and my stay is listed as pleasure.

"COVERAGE OF THE ACR I-CARD

All registered aliens, including their dependents, who have been duly issued paper-based ACRs are required to replace their ACRs with the hi-tech microchip-based ACR I-Card.

All aliens who have been duly issued immigrant or non-immigrant visa and all other aliens who are required to register under the Alien Registration Act are required to register and apply for the ACR I-Card. They are the following:

1. Native-Born
  2. Permanent residents under:

• a. Section 13 and its sub-sections
        • b. Republic Act Nos. 7919 and 8274 (Alien Social Integration Act of 1995)
        • c. Executive Order No. 324 (series of 1988)
        • d. Note Verbale No. 903730 dated Sept. 17, 1990 between Philippines and India

• Temporary residents under:

• a. BI Law Instruction No. 33 (Series of 1988)
          • b. BI Law Instruction No.13 (Series of 1988)
          • c. BI Law Instruction No. 48 (Series of 1988)
          • d. BI Memo Order No. ADD-01-038 (series of 2001)
          • e. BI Memo Order No. ADD-02-015 (series of 2002)

[*]Temporary visitor under Section 9(a), PIA –one who is coming for business or pleasure or for reasons of health if his stay exceeds six (6) months

[*]Treaty trader under Section 9(d), PIA

[*]Temporary student under Section 9(f), PIA

[*]Pre-arranged employee under Section 9(g), PIA

[*]Such other aliens as may be required by law to register

[*]For those who are required to register but exempted from immigration fees, they may opt to avail of the ACR I-Card subject to payment of the card fee.

I believe a tourist visa falls under 9a - thus you would need an ACR Card

Unfortunately they always have confusing or conflicting information on the web site! The information you posted was regarding the immediate need to convert the paper based ACR to a new type card. Argue till you are blue in the face but I believe you are in violation! Could be wrong! Let's see the receipts if you can!

http://immigration.g...=612&Itemid=103

Edited by Bob Ward
ancienrocka

I have never seen this page before but many government web sites are not regularly updated.

Article 4, to which you refer is not dated, but I note that the other "Memos/Law Instructions" are dated 2002 or before.

The requirement for tourists staying longer than 59 days came into force in February 2010.

I have never been to the Tacloban office if BoI, so can't comment on whether they are applying the law correctly or not - but I suspect not.

I arrived in July of 2010 - My wife and I married in November and went to Hong Kong - on our return I got a BB Extension which expired on December 5th of 2011.

Now I am allowed to be here for up to 16 months before I either get an extension from Manila, or I leave the country for a day or two and start all over again. My question is - Is a BB Visa count in that 16 month period, or does my 16 month period begin on December of 2011?

If you enter the country with your wife, and are given a Balikbayan stamp in your passport, you have the privilege of staying in the country for a period of one year (12 months) visa free. As of the date the Balikbayan stamp expires, you being staying here as a tourist. So, your initial 21 days, just as you had entered the country on that date, begins your "new" stay as a tourist. Your 16 months begins on the date your Balikbayan stamp expired.

So, yes, you can stay here for 16 months, starting in December, 2011.

Paul may correct me if I am wrong here.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1
throttleplate
The immigration agent was really nice and helpful.

i myself dealt with the agent in dipolog for a year and i always came prepared knowing what i was to pay and he himself pulled the figures out of his files and they matched what i had off the official website so i trusted him.He is a good person in my opinion,he always called me by my sir name and i was surprised he could remember it.The only problem with the dipolog city office is it is the size of a closet and whenever you need some help they are not open,they are open when they want to be and its hit or miss.

I will say this,i wouldnt want to get on the bad side of this guy,he has the power to make your life misersble and could easily have you blacklisted if you are a real asshole to him or the philippines.

• 2 months later...

It was disheartening and wallet lightening to me as I shelled out tens of thousands of pesos (a little over 30.000php) for fees, extensions, cfo sticker and flights to Manila, Cebu, local BOI, exit clearance, taxes and airport usages. It was also a night mare to disrupt my plans to go take care of all of that junk. Other than that I would have loved the Philippines. Now I just love the people in it, not the robbery that I feel is unfairly taken from aliens, tourists, foreigners. Human trafficking doesn't seem too far a similarity from being taken advantage of and being forced to pay so much for a visit here.

I can understand all the marriage fees and requirements except for the CFO sticker from nuns who have to judge whether your wife is safe enough to be with you because Filipinas I guess are not supposed to decide on their own if they will be safe enough. Lord only knows that these Filipinas have worked overseas in very dangerous conditions and now that theyh have a safe husband to help protect them it needs approval, and of course a fee and inconvenient travel.

• 1 month later...
Skywalker

Just a quick question, what time does the Cebu immigration office open? Thanks! :animal0019: